Bills Pre-Draft visits per Walter Football

Chaos

https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

Buffalo Bills
Jordan Addison, Wide Receiver, USC (COM)
Adetomiwa Adebawore, Defensive End, Northwestern (COM)
Julius Brents, Cornerback, Kansas State (COM)
Ji'Ayir Brown, Safety, Penn State (COM)
Nathaniel Dell^, Wide Receiver, Houston (PRI, WOR)
Gervon Dexter, Defensive Tackle, Florida (PRI)
Josh Downs, Wide Receiver, North Carolina (COM)
Zay Flowers, Wide Receiver, Boston College (COM)
Michael Mayer, Tight End, Notre Dame (COM)

Riley Moss, Cornerback, Iowa (COM)
Jayden Reed, Wide Receiver, Michigan State (COM)
Bijan Robinson, Running Back, Texas (COM)
Jammie Robinson, Cornerback, Florida State (COM)
Jaquelin Roy, Defensive Tackle, LSU (PRI)
Luke Schoonmaker, Tight End, Michigan (COM)
Juice Scruggs, Center, Penn State (VIR)
Trenton Simpson, Linebacker, Clemson (COM)
Nolan Smith, Outside Linebacker, Georgia (COM)

Tyjae Spears, Running Back, Tulane (WOR)
O'Cyrus Torrence, Offensive Guard, Florida (PRI)
Tuli Tuipulotu, Defensive End, USC (COM)
Darnell Washington, Tight End, Georgia (COM)
Michael Wilson, Wide Receiver, Stanford (COM)
Byron Young, Defensive End, Tennessee (COM)
Darnell Wright, Offensive Tackle, Tennessee - Update via twitter 4/1/2023

Players bolded are likely only available to the Bills at #27. (not likely available to them at 59)

Didn't find this posted elsewhere. Please delete or merge if the topic already exists. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

9 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Although I’m a fan of most of these guys I think Adetomiwa Adebawore, Josh Downs, Trenton Simpson and Darnell Washington will be around after pick 27 into the 2nd round. But I do love that they’ve had a visit Zay Flowers! That’s my boy

I read Darnell Washington as Darnell Wright.  a bunch of the bolded players will be in round 2.  I don't think any of them make it 59, which is all that matters to the Bills right now. 

24 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

I didn't believe it at first but more and more it does look like we're rolling with a middle linebacker that's already on the roster.

I don't know if interviews are a leading indicator.  For example, it seems unlikely no one will draft Jack Campbell. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I think your looking way too much into combine interviews from a known hack like walterfootball. Its pretty widely known that NFL teams meet with most of the combine prospects in their 15 minutes speed interviews. The Bills have met with a lot more guys than are on this list and do you really believe that not one team has met with Jack Campbell or Joe Tippmann two guys who are widely considered 2-3rd round picks. Highly unlikely

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

NFLDraftbuzz .com has surprising rankings on the bigboard 100.  Van Ness 26  Darnell Washington 27  Jack Campbell 28 Simpson 34  Dalton Kincaid 38

JMS  45  Darnell Wright 48  Foskey 50   Mims  59  Avila 63  Wypler 69  D. Sanders 70  Tippman 83   Sewell 87  Kraft 92...My point is , is that this board is quite a bit different from what seems to be popular draft slotting.

I might as well just quit driving myself nuts and find something to occupy time spent here and count down the days.🤪

Edited by nosejob
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Special K said:

Pretty crazy to see that they did not meet with a single OT!

These are only the meetings that we’ve heard about.  The front office doesn’t announce who they are interested in/talked to (for obvious reason that they don’t want other teams to know).

Definitely an interesting list, but you always have to be careful with reported visits. It seems like they are either leaked by the team for a reason or the player lets it out by accident. 

Like when you look at the full list on the site not one team has met with Jack Campbell…really nobody? So I’m just saying it is an interesting list to look at that is certainly incomplete. 

Only meeting with true 1 LB (who is more a WLB) tells me it’s LB round 1. Soooo much WR smoke. 

24 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Doesn’t look like Sanders is on their radar so

You can’t read in to visits, this is all a chess match. There are really only 2 true MLBs who are first round picks that fit Buffalo’s scheme, and they have a long way to go in order to reach Buffalo. 

21 minutes ago, papazoid said:

bills never met with 1st round pick Elam

but did meet with 2nd round pick Cook

(could be intentional strategy)

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/4/25/23026785/2022-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-pre-draft-meeting-tracker-top-30-visits

We met with Elam. Don’t you remember the video of him with his notepad and Beane and McDermott falling in love with him?

• Like (+1) 5

15 hours ago, Special K said:

No it's not, as it is par for the course.  They are again settling for the mediocrity (or worse) on the offensive line that has prevented the Bills from taking the next step. Same 'ol, same 'ol:  we'll get by, I know what I am doing'...

They will have a slew of O lineman in camp, again, and lots of new faces, and think that in itself, once again, that will somehow make up for a lack of high level skills.

Maybe he will prove me wrong, but it is the clear pattern.

2 hours ago, DJB said:

We met with Elam. Don’t you remember the video of him with his notepad and Beane and McDermott falling in love with him?

2 hours ago, papazoid said:

bills never met with 1st round pick Elam

but did meet with 2nd round pick Cook

(could be intentional strategy)

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/4/25/23026785/2022-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-pre-draft-meeting-tracker-top-30-visits

Yeah it was reported very late in the process that we met with Elam, but was never on the walterfootball list. Thats the point I was trying to make on the other page. You have to take these lists with a grain of salt. Its smokescreen time. 

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah it was reported very late in the process that we met with Elam, but was never on the walterfootball list. Thats the point I was trying to make on the other page. You have to take these lists with a grain of salt. Its smokescreen time. 

Yep the reported meeting with Elam came out literally 48/72 hours before the draft. When that happens someone wanted it out there. 

• Like (+1) 1

Jordan Addison, Josh Downs and Nathaniel Dell are near clones.  Addisson is a bit taller, but not big by any means.  All three are relatively small and light, and not particularly fast, though they were very productive in college.  They have slot receiver written all over them.  Zay Flowers is also smallish, but has a bit more meat on him and is faster.  He might be able to play outside a bit, but is probably primarily a slot receiver.  Jayden Reed is another smallish receiver, though he's closer to average than the rest of the group at 5'11" and 187 lbs.  He has good speed, running the 40 in 4.45. Michael Wilson is the biggest and slowest in the group at 6'2" and 213 lbs, running the 40 in 4.58.  I think those are close to Gabe Davis numbers though Davis might be a smidgeon taller.

Yaya Diaby sounds intriguing in the third round.  He's listed as a defensive end, and certainly has the numbers to play there.  If he and the Bills wanted, he could maybe drop 15 lbs and learn to play linebacker.  He'd be the fastest and most athletic linebacker on the team.  Or he could gain 20 lbs and move inside to play 3 tech.   He runs a freakish 4.51 at 6'3" and 263 lbs.

Edited by BigAl2526

I like Justin Marshall of UB who has more of an NFL body than any WR I can remember on their team.   He had an outstanding pro day and talked with all the teams that attended including the Bills.  Reports I have seen of his 40 time ranged from 4.39 to 4.46.   He barely made a ripple on any of the NFL draft sites so he seems to be way under the radar.  He played really big against MAC CBs and had a really nice season for them with 9 TDs.  Reports of his height and weight are all over the place but 6' 2" and 210 lbs. seems reasonable with a VJ of 38" and 126" broad jump.  Working against him is his age as he spent 5 years at Louisville and 1 at UB.

On 4/1/2023 at 6:16 PM, Chaos said:

https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

Buffalo Bills
Jordan Addison, Wide Receiver, USC (COM)
Adetomiwa Adebawore, Defensive End, Northwestern (COM)
Julius Brents, Cornerback, Kansas State (COM)
Ji'Ayir Brown, Safety, Penn State (COM)
Nathaniel Dell^, Wide Receiver, Houston (PRI, WOR)
Gervon Dexter, Defensive Tackle, Florida (PRI)
Josh Downs, Wide Receiver, North Carolina (COM)
Zay Flowers, Wide Receiver, Boston College (COM)
Michael Mayer, Tight End, Notre Dame (COM)

Riley Moss, Cornerback, Iowa (COM)
Jayden Reed, Wide Receiver, Michigan State (COM)
Bijan Robinson, Running Back, Texas (COM)
Jammie Robinson, Cornerback, Florida State (COM)
Jaquelin Roy, Defensive Tackle, LSU (PRI)
Luke Schoonmaker, Tight End, Michigan (COM)
Juice Scruggs, Center, Penn State (VIR)
Trenton Simpson, Linebacker, Clemson (COM)
Nolan Smith, Outside Linebacker, Georgia (COM)

Tyjae Spears, Running Back, Tulane (WOR)
O'Cyrus Torrence, Offensive Guard, Florida (PRI)
Tuli Tuipulotu, Defensive End, USC (COM)
Darnell Washington, Tight End, Georgia (COM)
Michael Wilson, Wide Receiver, Stanford (COM)
Darnell Wright, Offensive Tackle, Tennessee - Update via twitter 4/1/2023

Players bolded are likely only available to the Bills at #27. (not likely available to them at 59)

Didn't find this posted elsewhere. Please delete or merge if the topic already exists. 

Juice Scruggs is an all time OL name lol

15 hours ago, LEBills said:

The Bills have “reached out” to Yaya Diaby DL Louisville per the player himself in the 4th paragraph from the bottom

https://247sports.com/college/louisville/Article/Louisville-football-NFL-Draft-defensive-end-Yaya-Diaby-Pro-Day-207525689/Amp/

Yaya-Diaby-RAS.png?resize=1024,702

they read my mock in the One Trade Mock thread from a week and a half ago:

137.  Yaya Diaby.  DE Louisville At the Senior Bowl practices, there was a great deal of disappointment amongst the edge rushers.  Foskey, Carter from Army, Gay from LSU, Young from Tenn, Hall from Auburn, they weren't winning many battles.  The only ones I saw who were beating anyone were McDonald from Iowa St. and to a lesser extent...Diaby.  Juco transfer needs work.  But he's 263, built like brick house and joy of joys, ran a 4.5  at the Combine.  He's got Von to teach him the finer points of pass rushing.  But speed is definitely lacking in the edge rush dept. on this team.

On 4/2/2023 at 7:29 AM, Special K said:

That they know about.

Ryan Talbot says Wright has scheduled a private visit.

https://nfltraderumors.co/2023-nfl-draft-visit-tracker/

There are a lot of people trying to compile all of this kind of stuff.

Edited by Thurman#1

18 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

That they know about.

Ryan Talbot says Wright has scheduled a private visit.

https://nfltraderumors.co/2023-nfl-draft-visit-tracker/

There are a lot of people trying to compile all of this kind of stuff.

Yep.....glad to see they are meeting with Darnell Wright....I really hope he is the pick.

1 hour ago, JimBob2232 said:

Do we have last years list?  How much of a correlation was there between this list and who they actually took?

Not a complete one. There is no obligation to report this stuff. So there is lots of sits that try and keep track but it is unlikely you will get a full list. 

The Bills record I think is that this regime has never picked a guy in round 1 that they haven't met with. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.