Bills Sign OG David Edwards

MAJBobby

Given we brought in two new OGs and re signed Ike and Q we can probably get away with just drafting 1 OL early this year. Beane has actually set us up pretty nicely for the draft. 

But replacing Brown and getting a new #2 WR our still must dos. So I'm still holding judgement. 

But he's got us set up to get it done. Draft RT WR LB and DT first four picks. 

Also have options like d hop obj and bobby Wagner. 

9 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

It’s amazing how people just post random bull crap lies 

12 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

People gotta be more original……posting “Super Bowl” after every signing ran its course back in the early 2000’s of the message boards!

I am doing my best to keep these boards more fun. It has been a rough off season... Stop making everything so damn personal.. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Given we brought in two new OGs and re signed Ike and Q we can probably get away with just drafting 1 OL early this year. Beane has actually set us up pretty nicely for the draft. 

But replacing Brown and getting a new #2 WR our still must dos. So I'm still holding judgement. 

Chris Trepasso of CBS sports was on WGR yesterday and said his no. 1 tackle is Darnell Wright and he thinks he is by far the best pass pro tackle in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

I agree with everything you just said, but passing on OL in the first 3 rounds will have me questioning my own eyeballs and what I thought I was seeing with this terrible Oline play.

Maybe they just aren’t seeing what I’m seeing and the Oline is actually good and there’s no need to address it early in the draft.

I’ve always been take the best available talent and don’t draft for need, but watching Allen have to run for his life is getting old IMHO.

This is good.  We're not signing "big name OG's" with big salaries (we can't afford it....), but it at least gives competition at the position, and eases the "draft need" at OG just a little.  

Still a draft need though...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

People gotta be more original……posting “Super Bowl” after every signing ran its course back in the early 2000’s of the message boards!

We won the off season!

Division Champs!

Wildcard Weekend Warriors!

You can pick one.

Edited by Scott7975

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Why didn’t the Rams want him? 

I don't think that is a fair question in this instance. So far this offseason the Rams have lost: 

David Edwards

Greg Gaines

David Long

Nick Scott

Riley Dixon 

Baker Mayfield

Their long snapper

Their kicker

Probably Taylor Rapp

And Cut: 

Bobby Wagner

Leonard Floyd

Traded:

Jalen Ramsey

They will likely cut or trade 

Allen Robinson

They don't appear to have much interest in retaining anyone. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Love it.  

Talented player with a rough recent injury/concussion history, but had his best years under Kromer.  

Talented enough to push Bates for his spot and provides us excellent IOL depth with Boettger. 

29 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah, I really like Edwards and talked about it a lot. If healthy he could in theory really push Bates at guard. 

28 minutes ago, MWK said:

Might beat Bates out. Now can we get a real right tackle???

So, if he plays well he just might master Bates?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Still looking like a middle linebacker high in this next draft

ok, the Clemson guy I could be okay with.  Still if grades on an MLB, WR, and OL are all the same, I'd take OL/WR over MLB.  Think the draft is deeper there after the 1st round.  

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I guess I am alone with this but if the Bills sign guys that ultimately help us win a SB then IDGAF about a comp pick.

No I dont care either.  But with Depth signings like these you know the Team does look at that 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't think that is a fair question in this instance. So far this offseason the Rams have lost: 

David Edwards

Greg Gaines

David Long

Nick Scott

Riley Dixon 

Baker Mayfield

Their long snapper

Their kicker

Probably Taylor Rapp

And Cut: 

Bobby Wagner

Leonard Floyd

Traded:

Jalen Ramsey

They will likely cut or trade 

Allen Robinson

They don't appear to have much interest in retaining anyone. 

What they NEED to do is cut the head coach......

If I'm the GM of that team, I'm firing the head coach and dealing Kupp and Stafford for a big draft pick payload and players.

That team fell all over themselves forcing a Stafford / Kupp love fest.  FAIL!

And now they basically "fire" the whole team except the PROBLEM.

Weird...

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No I dont care either.  But with Depth signings like these you know the Team does look at that 

Yeah, I wasnt meaning to get on you personally on that.  I know you are just posting the info for people.  That was more meant as a general post.  I understand picks are important but too many people are obsessed with comp picks IMO.  Id rather sign guys that win us a champ instead of passing on them because oh knows we might lose a comp pick!

2 minutes ago, Yantha said:

What they NEED to do is cut the head coach......

If I'm the GM of that team, I'm firing the head coach and dealing Kupp and Stafford for a big draft pick payload and players.

That team fell all over themselves forcing a Stafford / Kupp love fest.  FAIL!

And now they basically "fire" the whole team except the PROBLEM.

Weird...

The way they are operating is very strange. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.