The pic that ruined my morning. Starting to have similar feelings for Mahomes as I did for Brady

StHustle

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

BAD201-E4-4-BD4-49-BB-8-A87-BCFC3-E16-AA

No he’s not in our division and yes we beat them at a decent clip in regular season contests but I still get that 🤮 feeling when I see this dudes face on the sidelines and hear the media worship him. He did nothing Amazing last night imo. If not for a freak untouched fumble by Hurts this game ends differently. History won’t remember it that way tho 😥

If nothing else, it should keep those other guys at the table hungry.  If our FO and coaching staff can get their s*** together, there's no reason Allen can't accomplish that too.  Same for Burrow and depending on where Lamar ends up, maybe him too.

Mahomes is in any QBs dream situation right now.  He has an offensive wizard as a coach, a great line, along with a TE that seems to open all the time.  The Chiefs are actually sitting pretty good with the cap too, so they could potentially even improve their WR corps, which could make them even tougher.

Edited by Billz4ever

44 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

He did but it was the gameplan and OL that was the real MVP last night. KC had tons of easy completions,  that staff did a great job setting him up for success.  Wish our guy had the same luxury 🙄

This.  He's a great QB, but the number of big plays that he's able to make after holding the ball for 3,4, 5+ seconds is just crazy.  And they still didn't allow a single sack. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Has nothing to do with expectation. No one expected Mahomes to be MVP in year two. He still did it. Josh Allen didn't play well enough to win a Superbowl in any year of his career except 2021.

When you are the QB, you take the blame. Rodgers gets crushed when his team rolls over and dies in the postseason.  So did Peyton. So did Brees. All HoF guys. Win or shut up.

That's by the QB obsessed media. Doesn't mean the fans should follow suit.

52 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

I'm no fan of Mahommes but as a player, he has earned my respect. Played thru a very painful high ankle sprain and performed well.

Mahommes is a good dude.  Very humble.  It was very evident in the post game interview with their TE yapping with nose snot.  

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

That's by the QB obsessed media. Doesn't mean the fans should follow suit.

That's the fact of the sport. The QB is the leader of the team. They are the single most important position on the team.  That's why when they are good, they get paid WAY more than anyone else on the team.

And that comes with responsibility.

They should ha\ve been testing Mahomes to see what they pumped him full of the last month and at the half.  I had a high ankle sprain once from stepping in a gopher hole. Was limping bad for over a month. Philly should have landed on it harder in the second quarter.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dude is a hall of famer at 27. I don’t know why so many try to fight it. Of course, he should be confident and happy. Think about Bills fans acted the last 5 years and we didn’t even go to a SB. Imagine if we won 2. People would hate us.

As it is, I think the Bills Mafia hate the Bills. 😆

40 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That's the fact of the sport. The QB is the leader of the team. They are the single most important position on the team.  That's why when they are good, they get paid WAY more than anyone else on the team.

And that comes with responsibility.

Week can trade him now his value hasn’t ever been higher. I say we call the Saints they’d probably part with a small fortune for Allen since they are in QB purgatory right now. We can go back to watching film of Will Levis and CJ Stroud and then another 3 or 4 years to see if those guys are even in the same stadium with Allen. 

4 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

All the kid does is make winning plays. No #1 WR. Not even a consistent #2. Just a great tight end and great play caller. He played on a high ankle sprain  the majority of the postseason and still got the job done. We make a lot of excuses for 17. I love Josh but he’s not in Mahomes class. 

Let’s trade Josh seems like a good idea. 

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Week can trade him now his value hasn’t ever been higher. I say we call the Saints they’d probably part with a small fortune for Allen since they are in QB purgatory right now. We can go back to watching film of Will Levis and CJ Stroud and then another 3 or 4 years to see if those guys are even in the same stadium with Allen. 

There's something telling when any mild criticism of Josh Allen, like "I wish he didn't turn over the ball the most in the NFL," or "The QB is somewhat responsible for team success and failure," is met with "SO WE SHOULD JUST TRADE HIM AND DRAFT A ROOKIE QB BLAH BLAH BLAH."

• Like (+1) 1

All I want to know is why Patty Mahomes felt like he needed to fake an ankle injury throughout the playoffs. Like, you're great, dude — we get it. You don't have to pretend to be injured so you can pull-off some kind of faux Michael Jordan flu game. 

Edited by MPL
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If nothing else, it should keep those other guys at the table hungry.  If our FO and coaching staff can get their s*** together, there's no reason Allen can't accomplish that to.  Same for Burrow and depending on where Lamar ends up, maybe him too.

Mahomes is in any QBs dream situation right now.  He has an offensive wizard as a coach, a great line, along with a TE that seems to open all the time.  The Chiefs are actually sitting pretty good with the cap too, so they could potentially even improve their WR corps, which could make them even tougher.

27 of Mahomes TDs this year traveled under 10 yards in the air...wonder how many Allen had.  Not more than 10 I bet.  I can only recall a few.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

There's something telling when any mild criticism of Josh Allen, like "I wish he didn't turn over the ball the most in the NFL," or "The QB is somewhat responsible for team success and failure," is met with "SO WE SHOULD JUST TRADE HIM AND DRAFT A ROOKIE QB BLAH BLAH BLAH."

Why not? You don’t think he’s going to get better let’s trade him look Lamar is going to fetch 2 ones imagine what Josh would get

Just now, Big Turk said:

27 of Mahomes TDs this year traveled under 10 yards in the air...wonder how many Allen had.  Not more than 10 I bet.  I can only recall a few.

And you would think those are the types of higher percentage plays that Dorsey would be drawing up, whether it's for a TD or just to keep the chains moving.

Nope, the short game all but completely disappeared by the end of the season. It was feast or famine.

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Why not? You don’t think he’s going to get better let’s trade him look Lamar is going to fetch 2 ones imagine what Josh would get

I never said this.

Surrounding Josh with better talent will help him play better. Better coaching will help him play better. And him not making as many boneheaded decisions will also help him play better.

Are there any of those you disagree with? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yes...you trade a first ballot future HOF'er for "hope" you draft someone better.  Have you taken any psychedelic drugs lately?

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I never said this.

Surrounding Josh with better talent will help him play better. Better coaching will help him play better. And him not making as many boneheaded decisions will also help him play better.

Are there any of those you disagree with? 

I agree with all of it.  Allen needs to stop feeling like he has to make something happen on every play because his players aren't getting open enough or the coaching staff isn't giving him enough easy answers.  He also needs to get better at taking the easy answers when they are there.

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yes...you trade a first ballot future HOF'er for "hope" you draft someone better.  Have you taken any psychedelic drugs lately?

I agree with all of it.  Allen needs to stop feeling like he has to make something happen on every play because his players aren't getting open enough or the coaching staff isn't giving him enough easy answers.  He also needs to get better at taking the easy answers when they are there.

I was just agreeing with some on this board who think Allen isn’t going to get any better.  

I actually like Pat. I disliked Brady on NE but of his whining every time a call didn't go his way. Dude just lost a HOF WR this offseason and still won the superbowl with a high ankle sprain. Dudes a trooper. I'm a big Andy Reid fan too. Wish he was our coach. 

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I really hope you're being sarcastic here and I'm simply not picking it up.

No one is a bigger Allen defender on this board than me just check my previous posting history. There are people on this board that  chronically blame him for the faults of this organization. People who have been here awhile realize what they have.  Others don’t. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

TBH, it's kind of sad that we, as a fanbase, would get triggered over stuff like this.  Tired of seeing Mahomes in the super bowl?  Beat him.  We're not some 5-12 bottom-feeder.  We have the horses to beat this team.  We've beaten them each of the past two seasons.  Just take care of business and quit being babies because somebody drew our QB in a slightly unfavorable light in a cartoon.

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

He played near perfect. Completely mistake free.

Folks keep saying “he didn’t do anything Josh can’t do” which is true. But he also didn’t do things that Josh does a lot, like make boneheaded decisions and throws.

I agree for the most part but he did have a little underhanded pass that should have been picked off. Mahomes gets a "whoa that was close, but part of his brilliance" josh would get "see those are the decisions that get him in trouble. That's what holds him back". Mahomes also has his share of turnovers. 
All that being said. He is a great player surrounded by talent and a HOF coach

27 minutes ago, MPL said:

All I want to know is why Patty Mahomes felt like he needed to fake an ankle injury throughout the playoffs.

Advice from a teammate? 🤔

"Look kid, you tell them you're hurt.  Then the bulls don't take you out to pick up litter, and you get double cheese sammiches and orange drink!"

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

For me, the difference is Josh COULD move to the top premier tier, as his issues are over mentality rather than physical. I think Burrow is at his peak now and won’t improve.

It isn't that Josh is in a lesser tier. At this point I think it is that Mahomes is just in his own ranking. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.