The pic that ruined my morning. Starting to have similar feelings for Mahomes as I did for Brady

StHustle

BAD201-E4-4-BD4-49-BB-8-A87-BCFC3-E16-AA

No he’s not in our division and yes we beat them at a decent clip in regular season contests but I still get that 🤮 feeling when I see this dudes face on the sidelines and hear the media worship him. He did nothing Amazing last night imo. If not for a freak untouched fumble by Hurts this game ends differently. History won’t remember it that way tho 😥

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Shocked 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He played near perfect. Completely mistake free.

Folks keep saying “he didn’t do anything Josh can’t do” which is true. But he also didn’t do things that Josh does a lot, like make boneheaded decisions and throws.

He did but it was the gameplan and OL that was the real MVP last night. KC had tons of easy completions,  that staff did a great job setting him up for success.  Wish our guy had the same luxury 🙄

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

Just now, JerseyBills said:

He did but it was the gameplan and OL that was the real MVP last night. KC had tons of easy completions,  that staff did a great job setting him up for success.  Wish our guy had the same luxury 🙄

Wish our guy also didn’t throw the ball into a linebackers chest occasionally. 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Folks keep saying “he didn’t do anything Josh can’t do” which is true. But he also didn’t do things that Josh does a lot, like make boneheaded decisions and throws.

The first of the 3 SB's where he played well.  Prior to this he had a 61 QB Rating in the SB's along with 2 TDs and 4 INTs and a completion percentage around 58%. In the first 2, he played 1 good quarter out of 8.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

I'm no fan of Mahommes but as a player, he has earned my respect. Played thru a very painful high ankle sprain and performed well.

AND, he seems to be rather humble and gracious, unlike a certain “GOAT” that we all knew and loved.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The big issue is the red zone turnovers. He was so clean there for so long but last year became an issue.

But it’s not as if Mahomes was flawless.

He threw us one...Elam picked him off in our game in the endzone.

• Like (+1) 1

Brady won 2001, 2003, 2004. Then Roethlisberger in 2005. Manning finally got his in 2006.

Chiefs are the new Patriots but other AFC teams will win it as well. Keep on pushing, we’re close. Just like Manning was close. You don’t tear it down when you’re close.

I’m glad we’re at the table.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, StHustle said:

BAD201-E4-4-BD4-49-BB-8-A87-BCFC3-E16-AA

No he’s not in our division and yes we beat them at a decent clip in regular season contests but I still get that 🤮 feeling when I see this dudes face on the sidelines and hear the media worship him. He did nothing Amazing last night imo. If not for a freak untouched fumble by Hurts this game ends differently. History won’t remember it that way tho 😥

An absolute perfect storm for him.

A GM who builds around him and a HC  who’s one of the best play callers of all time.

You put Patrick Mahomes in Buffalo for the next 5 years under this staff and talent, he wouldn’t win a ring.

You put Josh Allen in KC for the next 5 years, he’d win minimum 2 as well.

I’ll take Josh Allen 7 days a week, twice on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 3

Mahomes is already in play as the 2nd best QB to ever play the game.     Have no issue with the guy.   That said, watching him throw to wide open receivers because he has one of the greatest offensive minds of all time drives me crazy.   I feel like Brady carried Belichick.  I feel like Mahomes and Reid may be the greatest Coach and QB combo of all time.

• Like (+1) 1

Since Patrick has been in this league I can count on one hand the amount of QBs that can go punch for punch with him like the zone he had in the second half.

One was Mr Brady when he converted 4 straight 4th downs in the AFC title game.

The other is number 17 in Buffalo who we all saw do this last year.

Josh can’t play defensive end, OT, safety, or number 2 WR.

If this team comes up short it isn’t because of the quarterback it’s because this front office failed him. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

He was yesterday.  He was near flawless all postseason.  7-0 TD:INT.  1 fumble.

So was Josh last post season. Indeed, he was more than good enough up to the bye. Would love to know what happened after the Chiefs game as the entire team seemed to go off the boil at that point.

Just now, UKBillFan said:

So was Josh last post season. Indeed, he was more than good enough up to the bye. Would love to know what happened after the Chiefs game as the entire team seemed to go off the boil at that point.

We didn't win the SB last season.  Mahomes won it this season lmao.

26 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I mean he did try and shuffle pass it to a defender at one point.

Mahomes is a freakishly good quarterback.  He has the MVPs and Lombardis.  Its unimpeachible.  

Brady wasnt spectacular at all early in his career.  He was a decent game manager, but New England had great special teams, defense, and coaching (and maybe a little something else*) that got them through that first superbowl and the early 00s.   My eyeballs saw that Payton Manning was 10x better as a QB but was shouted down due to 'rings'.  

Brady really never showed any superlative skill.  He was just really well prepared, dedicated himself to his craft, and had ice in his veins.  Belichick out-coached the opposition nearly every game too.

Then you add the various bending of the rules allegations, and brady's wooden public persona.  It is tough to like him.  

I just dont know why we couldnt have Scantling, JuJu, and/or Toney.  They gave Josh crap to work with this year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Big Josh Allen fan!

But he needs to be better in a few areas if we are going to compete consistently with KC. 

Right now Mahomes is the best QB in the league by some margin. There is a second premier tier with Allen and Burrow some distance back. 

I think if Mahomes retired tomorrow he is in the HoF.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

Big Josh Allen fan!

But he needs to be better in a few areas if we are going to compete consistently with KC. 

Right now Mahomes is the best QB in the league by some margin. There is a second premier tier with Allen and Burrow some distance back. 

For me, the difference is Josh COULD move to the top premier tier, as his issues are over mentality rather than physical. I think Burrow is at his peak now and won’t improve.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Big Josh Allen fan!

Josh Allen looks like the Big Ben to Mahomes' Brady. Will only win one if he doesn't have to play him to get there.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Sure.  It was in 2020 though.  And 2022. And 2019.  And 2018.

I don’t think the expectation was on Josh in 2018 and 2019. He wasn’t seen as elite calibre. Potential but not elite. 

2022 was a meltdown on all sides of the ball. Don’t think it can just be blamed on the QB.

the kid is not brady, not even close. he is in his own universe and frankly, I think he is much better than brady. I can not hate a player like him nor take away from the chiefs as a whole. great team.

the problem lies with beane. he has had 5 years to build around JA, who is a great player as well and if he were given the same tools as the kid in kc, he and the bills could give the chiefs a run for their money.

he has failed to do so and the clock is running out.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1

Every offseason Josh has improved in some area. For those saying “I wish Josh had these easy throws Mahomes has” well, he does, he just opts not to take them. Mahomes has learned to take those easy pitch and catches, keep the chains moving. One thing that is inarguable between the two is that Mahomes does have a vastly superior OL, but I hope Josh dedicates this offseason to the mental approach of the game. Pre and post snap processing. Hopefully he’s poring over tape, like it’s an obsession. 

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

the kid is not brady, not even close. he is in his own universe and frankly, I think he is much better than brady. I can not hate a player like him nor take away from the chiefs as a whole. great team.

the problem lies with beane. he has had 5 years to build around JA, who is a great player as well and if he were given the same tools as the kid in kc, he and the bills could give the chiefs a run for their money.

he has failed to so and the clock is running out.

I think it will take 2-3 season to reset the roster and lap the chiefs. They seem pretty cush with their roster, UFA's, and cap space for the next 2-3 seasons while the Bills will need to either borrow from 3-4 seasons away or take 2-3 to reset and regroup. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

I don’t think the expectation was on Josh in 2018 and 2019. He wasn’t seen as elite calibre. Potential but not elite. 

2022 was a meltdown on all sides of the ball. Don’t think it can just be blamed on the QB.

Has nothing to do with expectation. No one expected Mahomes to be MVP in year two. He still did it. Josh Allen didn't play well enough to win a Superbowl in any year of his career except 2021.

When you are the QB, you take the blame. Rodgers gets crushed when his team rolls over and dies in the postseason.  So did Peyton. So did Brees. All HoF guys. Win or shut up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.