Jets hire Hackett as OC

Process

Lots of Jets fans gonna be coping with “Green Bay had a great offense when he was the coordinator”.

Yeah and Adam Gase was OC for a great offense he had Peyton Manning. How’d that work out once he didn’t have an elite QB with the Fish or Jets?

Edited by gobills404
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Yes they did. Nate Hackett's primary job is not coaching, it's Aaron Rodgers bait.

Will be bittersweet then, to also see Kumerow as a member of "gang-green" :w00t:.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/05/aaron-rodgers-remains-upset-the-packers-cut-jake-kumerow/

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Rodgers?

As a fan of a division rival team, I love the hire. I think Hackett is terrible and not just because of his HC stint in Denver. I don’t see much difference in him between now and when he was our OC. Just keep Rodgers out of there. That roster is loaded just about everywhere but QB. They get a guy like Rodgers and it could really come together for them. To their credit, the division isn’t waiting around for the Bills to figure it out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

It's a real problem if they get Rodgers with all the talent on that team.

We'll see.. I don't think Rodgers is the guy he was a few years ago.  Still very good though.

Jets would be giving up quite a bit, I'm sure, to get him... and who knows how long Rodgers wants to play and/or can play at a high level for. 

That said... Jets would be LEGIT next year.  Along with the Bengals who will, again, be top tier.  

Bills will be in a dog fight for the division (although I'm still taking the Allen-led team) and looking up at Cincy unless some out of the box changes are made this off-season. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I mean, he's terrible and all, but the success he has had was with Rogers so

Who hasn’t had success with Rodgers? It’s the equivalent of all these OC’s getting credit for having good offenses with P. Manning and Brady as the QB. I think his offenses with Buffalo, Jacksonville and Denver are more what you can expect from Hackett than his offenses in GB.

9 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Who hasn’t had success with Rodgers? It’s the equivalent of all these OC’s getting credit for having good offenses with P. Manning and Brady as the QB. I think his offenses with Buffalo, Jacksonville and Denver are more what you can expect from Hackett than his offenses in GB.

Hackett didn't call plays in GB, LaFleur did/does.

He's just one of those co-workers that we have all had, that are just balls-terrible, but they keep getting jobs and promotions while on-lookers are just dumbfounded. How many of us wake up every morning and get to say "I feel like *******-up this job today"?  He's legitimately like one of those corporate CEO's who destroys the company, gets fired and the next week the headline in the paper is the same CEO got hired for another bigtime position at another company

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Your Brown Eye said:

He's just one of those co-workers that we have all had, that are just balls-terrible, but they keep getting jobs and promotions while on-lookers are just dumbfounded. How many of us wake up every morning and get to say "I feel like *******-up this job today"?  He's legitimately like one of those corporate CEO's who destroys the company, gets fired and the next week the headline in the paper is the same CEO got hired for another bigtime position at another company

He's the coworker who is the boss's son. Literally how he has managed to fail his way up for this long.

He is the poster child for the Rooney Rule.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.