Man just about every single person on ESPN picking the Bengals

78thealltimegreat

The older I get the more I realize the opinions of pundits are all warped by extreme recency bias. I can't enjoy it anymore because they think they see something in "the film" and then need to find a way to retroactively explain why it happened. What makes it even more infuriating is how it's all delivered in a snide, authoritative tone as though they're handing down cherished wisdom of the ages from the gods.

Obviously, there is thoughtful and informed analysis but the vast majority of take givers are a waste. 

Edited by Punch
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I like it. Bills have no pressure at all then as the Bengals are now supposed to win easily. 

no presure at all???

I don't think the media affects how the Bills prepare and view the game, it will be pressure packed for both teams. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Who is "about every single person at ESPN?"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/picks

3-2 in favor of the Bills

And in other statistical news, our defense really sucks on 3rd down.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Bengals have played more mistake-free football than the Bills by a wide margin, and if the game becomes a shootout the Bengals have two elite weapons (Chase, Higgins) compared to our one (Diggs).

Can’t hate on anyone on the outside who picks them in this game, there’s enough objective reasons to justify it. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Yobogoya!
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 6

Every narrative I read now is "bumbling Allen."   The Bills COULD win, but our many turnovers will result in a loss.

Give me a break.  He was perfect in the postseason last year.  The team got all of their mistakes out of the way against Miami.

I'm not usually one to be over-confident, but I don't think this one is particularly close, especially w/ Cincy's O-line situation.  We're going to look like we did for some of those games in September & October.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Nah not on Buffalo was just watching Marcus Spears basically say Josh Allen is a turnover machine  and the Bengals are the 85 Bears 

why do you watch and listen? We know more about both teams than they do

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

there's absolutely massive pressure on the Bills to at least get to the AFCC game.  

I think there is more pressure on Buffalo than Cincy or KC to go to the SB.  Mahomes Chiefs have been and won, Burrows Bengals made it last year, and Burrow has less time in the league.  Allen's Bills has never made it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

I'm constantly dumbfounded why people concern themselves about sport media's "opinions".

The other stupid thing is making everyone choose a team to win.  I'm surprised the cameramen don't get a pick.

How about giving a choice of "too close to call, that's why I want to watch the friggin' game"! 

SMFH.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My personal favorite of all-time was when we played Dallas on Thanksgiving and 100% of the talking heads on TV picked Dallas.

Coincidentally, that game is also my favorite ass-whooping of the Josh Allen Era.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm constantly dumbfounded why people concern themselves about sport media's "opinions".

The other stupid thing is making everyone choose a team to win.  I'm surprised the cameramen don't get a pick.

How about giving a choice of "too close to call, that's why I want to watch the friggin' game"! 

SMFH.

This is exactly why shows and sports media outlets have their talent and writers make picks on every game every weekend.  Who is going to post things about a show where no one makes a pick every week?

It's pretty standard stuff.  It's obviously entertainment.

36 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I like it. Bills have no pressure at all then as the Bengals are now supposed to win easily. 

My question is what are they basing that on?  No, the Bills didn't play lights out last week, but neither did the Bengals.  And with the offensive line problems they have, that's certainly not a good thing for them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.