Shady and Poyer talking about Hyde possibly returning this week

extrahammer

About 4:15 minute mark into the interview, Shady casually mentions Hyde told him he might play this week, I know McD said in his presser Hyde wouldn't play this week. Also Poyer mentions Kim Pegula's "thing". Poyer's a good teammate and I hope we find some way to keep him next year. 

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Eff Shady.

Never wanted to be here.

He was a good teammate and never did anything but play hard every time he stepped on the field.

I expected him to come here and be a distraction, but he just wasn't.

• Like (+1) 18
  • Agree 26
  • Thank you (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

About 4:15 minute mark into the interview, Shady casually mentions Hyde told him he might play this week, I know McD said in his presser Hyde wouldn't play this week. Also Poyer mentions Kim Pegula's "thing". Poyer's a good teammate and I hope we find some way to keep him next year.

Poyer's not just a good teammate, he's a DAWG. 

Epitomizes the "Gladiator Mindset" and we got a little peek at what he goes through to get on the field in that "Jordan Poyer Contrast Treatment" card you could see above Damar.

About Hyde, though, you'd need to know when he told McCoy that.  It could have been just before his practice window opened.  Unless it was recent, I wouldn't get excited over it; Hyde has been open all along that it's not up to him, but rather up to the doctors.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Doesn't seem like a McDermott move to declare someone out and then all of a sudden he plays.   I guess you could say that falls under "sportsmanship" but it doesn't seem like the kind McD would engage in.  

Yeah if McDermott ruled him out he's out.

I'll hold out hope for next week though (and getting to next week) 🤞

1 minute ago, MJS said:

He was a good teammate and never did anything but play hard every time he stepped on the field.

Yeah, he showed up for work.

He pouted when he came here.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 3
  • Dislike 8

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, I don’t get the hate. He was the first Bill I recall speaking up on behalf of Josh Allen during his rookie year and he wrote a really beautiful send off in the Player’s Tribune when he left Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 10

17 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Triple Eff Shady.

Never wanted to be here.

7 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

These are such ridiculously horrible takes I don't know where to begin.  There are MANY players who didn't view Buffalo as a premiere destination when they were drafted or acquired via trade.  Nearly all of them quickly changed their tune once they arrived -- Shady included.  The dude has never trashed Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 21
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

He went hard, including in 2017 when we had very little around him.  He did everything he possibly could to play on an injured ankle in the playoffs and give us our best chance.

Yeah, he initially pouted when he was traded, but I can't blame him for that.  You have to understand that in Philly from his 2nd year on, he WAS the franchise.  The offense was designed and built around his skill set, not the skill set of the QB.  In a very real way that was "his team"

So being traded totally blindsided him.  He didn't see it coming, and Philly apparently didn't talk to him at all about it before it went down (which I think most decent teams at least try to do, especially for their big stars - it wasn't a shock to Alex Smith to get slung out the door to Washington, he knew it was coming). 

And of course, for a grown-ass man who's a millionaire and can control every other aspect of his life, to have no say over where he works, has got to be harsh to deal with.  You can say it's a known aspect of the business which makes them their money, but the reality is still hard to take.

But he regrouped and recovered, went hard, by all accounts was a great teammate, and never said a harsh word about Buffalo in the press.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4

I’m in a meeting now so can’t listen, but thanks in advance for sharing.  As far as Sunday, McD already ruled Hyde out this Sunday.  If we advance, I’m guessing a Jax or more likely KC game is the probable answer as far as Byde’s return. He can certainly be on a pitch count, and will have two more weeks if we get to the SB.

8 minutes ago, Punch said:

Yeah, I don’t get the hate. He was the first Bill I recall speaking up on behalf of Josh Allen during his rookie year and he wrote a really beautiful send off in the Player’s Tribune when he left Buffalo.

So he cleaned up his act (not really, ask his girlfriend) when he realized he was wrong about Buffalo.

Gold Star to him.

• Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Dislike 3

My favorite part of Shady's article from the Tribune.  Discussing the Jacksonville playoff loss in 2017:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/articles/lesean-mccoy-bills-fans-playoffs

By the time we got on the plane to go home, my medication had worn off and my ankle had swollen back up. And I remember looking around the plane and thinking how much of a difference a week can make. Seven days earlier everybody was celebrating because it was New Year’s Eve and we had just made the playoffs.

But that night, everything was different.

It was just … quiet.

We were scheduled to land in Buffalo around 1 a.m., the same time we had the the week before. And I remember thinking, Damn, if we would have won, I bet it would be the same as last week with all the fans there to meet us.

If only we would have won….

After the plane touched down and we were rolling down the tarmac, I looked out the window. And that’s when I saw it.

The Bills Mafia.

Everywhere.

Thousands of you.

We all felt so bad that we had disappointed you. And yeah, maybe you were disappointed.

But you were also proud.

And you all showed up to let us know that.

To show your support.

To show love.

That’s why I say: There’s nothing like Bills fans.

Whether we’re winning or losing, you always have our backs.

So thank you — for dealing with all the ups and downs … for being right there with us through all the adversity … for always sticking with us.

That hasn’t gone unnoticed.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

So did Jim Kelly!! Shady was a great Bill and still represents the organization in a good light

Thank goodness TB12 never had that kind of dirt on him or there’d be a new thread daily bashing him for such.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

He went hard, including in 2017 when we had very little around him.  He did everything he possibly could to play on an injured ankle in the playoffs and give us our best chance.

Yeah, he initially pouted when he was traded, but I can't blame him for that.  You have to understand that in Philly from his 2nd year on, he WAS the franchise.  The offense was designed and built around his skill set, not the skill set of the QB.  In a very real way that was "his team"

So being traded totally blindsided him.  He didn't see it coming, and Philly apparently didn't talk to him at all about it before it went down (which I think most decent teams at least try to do).  And of course, for a grown-ass man who is a millionaire and can control every other aspect of his life, to have no say over how and where he works, has got to be harsh.

He played football in Pennsylvania is entire life. He was Mr. Pennsylvania!! Philly didn't want him anymore and he was pissed. It was more of his girlfriend didn't want him anymore than coming to Buffalo. 

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Punch said:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/articles/lesean-mccoy-bills-fans-playoffs

If anyone wants to revisit.

It's really touching.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Punch said:

Where did he hurt you?

I think Shady dropped eggman on the ground and he cracked open...all the Bills trainers and all Pegula's men, couldn't put eggman back together again. 😂

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

And nothing came of it other than she was a gold digging broad. Shady was a great Bill and the reason our offenses did anything when Tyrod was at QB

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

And nothing came of it other than she was a gold digging broad. Shady was a great Bill and the reason our offenses did anything when Tyrod was at QB

OK, I admit it. I’m still just irritated I wasn’t invited to one of his parties.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2529922-lesean-mccoy-is-having-a-private-females-only-party-in-philadelphia

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Whatever times 9 Eff Shady.

Never wanted to be here.

So, If what you're saying is true, why would he bother caring about this team now? 

22 minutes ago, boyst said:

I think there is a big reveal and Hyde plays. Just a hunch.

Also, been waiting on news about Kim

Man, I don't think McD would've already ruled him out if there was a possibility, but that would be frickin' awesome.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

That case was dismissed with prejudice, and she followed up with a lawsuit about Shady being a negligent landlord by deactivating the security system. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo Junction said:

That case was dismissed with prejudice, and she followed up with a lawsuit about Shady being a negligent landlord by deactivating the security system. 

If this dude were so worried about Shady, he'd have known that too.  It's gotta just be trolling at this point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.