We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

• Big Turk changed the title to We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Opening Line Bills -2.5

Like many of you, I feel quite a bit more reassured that the Bengals aren't some super team to be afraid of. They are certainly good, certainly capable of beating the Bills or the Chiefs. But they aren't special. 

If we can get through this one, Jacksonville's defense is going to have a better chance of taking down KC than the Ravens would. 

If we can get the Bills except for the ones that played those 4 consecutive drives to sandwich halftime, we will win this game by two scores. If we get too much of those halftime bills, we will lose by two scores

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 7

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Going to need to score 40.  

That’s it.  That’s the plan.  

Based on the Bengals scoring 17 on O today?

Amazing how people make every team out to be some offensive juggernaut

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Well my early read is that the weakest unit between these two teams is the Bengals OLine. 

But really, I think Josh needs to be a bit more risk averse unless we’re in shootout mode. If Bengals are struggling with protection tie last thing you want to do is give them short fields. Would rather punt the ball than take big risks, and perhaps run the ball moreso than usual

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, appoo said:

Well my early read is that the weakest unit between these two teams is the Bengals OLine. 

But really, I think Josh needs to be a bit more risk averse unless we’re in shootout mode. If Bengals are struggling with protection tie last thing you want to do is give them short fields. Would rather punt the ball than take big risks, and perhaps run the ball moreso than usual

Allen needs to stop always trying to make the huge play. It's like once he hits a few of them he thinks every time he should try and do it again...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

They barely had the ball and could play a game that could account for playing a trash offense.  

They had 234 yards of offense on 54 plays. Maybe if they averaged more than 4.3 yards per play they would have had the ball more.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, arcane said:

Like many of you, I feel quite a bit more reassured that the Bengals aren't some super team to be afraid of. They are certainly good, certainly capable of beating the Bills or the Chiefs. But they aren't special. 

If we can get through this one, Jacksonville's defense is going to have a better chance of taking down KC than the Ravens would. 

If we can get the Bills except for the ones that played those 4 consecutive drives to sandwich halftime, we will win this game by two scores. If we get too much of those halftime bills, we will lose by two scores

Don’t base your expectations of how good the bengals are based off of how well the ravens D played. We don’t have the ravens D. Josh can’t turn the ball over again like today. He’s going to have to be perfect to match what burrow and chase are going to do to our DBs.

• Like (+1) 3

• Big Turk changed the title to We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -2.5
Just now, Big Turk said:

Allen needs to stop always trying to make the huge play. It's like once he hits a few of them he thinks every time he should try and do it again...

He's gonna have a great game against the secondary. He was dealing before the Hamlin injury. Just a slight miss to Beasley on the first drive.

• Agree 1

Bengals are about the same team offensively home or on the road.

But their defense is not the same on the road. About  a half yard worse ypc and letting up 10 additional points in passer rating on the road. The Bills are going to need to run it well against their defensive ends to keep the rush off Josh like the Ravens did. On the flip side, our defensive line has to get home against a potentially very banged up offensive line.

Go Bills, battle of heavy weights. Go Jaguars too.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1