OT…Just for fun CBS has the Bills projected to take Dalton Kincaid

78thealltimegreat

7 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I suggest If you don't like this thread than go enjoy another one. Not everyone likes talking about this so soon. MANY of us do. suck-gay.gif

So you DON'T want a new all-encompassing draft thread every day?

What kind of draft fan are you?   

Oh.......I get it.......you were planning to "drop" a Deuce Vaughn thread on us tomorrow weren't you?    

• Haha (+1) 1

TE would not have been the position I would think the Bills would draft in the first round. But what do I know. I root for the laundry. 

It's fun to read y'all chat heavyweights verbally throw down your takes on the draft. Hardly ever do they draft who you think they will. But the conjecture is great.

and Someone usually guesses correctly.. Bragging rights FTW. 

🍿

4 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

How do you figure  the defensive domination strategy didn’t work? Despite whiffing on Elam, and not adequately replacing Wallace, we were a top 5 defense in pts allowed and yardage. We were 13 and 3, which equaled the best record in the NFL and in  2 of our losses, the offense didn’t show up and had critical turnovers.The point I’m making is without better depth in the secondary we can’t defend KC or Cinn. If you want to depend on winning shootouts with these teams for the next 7 or 8 years fasten your seatbelt. When Brady was winning SBs , Gilmore, Ty Law, McCourty, Malloy we’re dominating the best teams. We can win a lot of games with decent depth, but to finally win it all, that area is our weakness. That’s why, without VM and our secondary, we won’t be favored against KC.

They have the second most money in the league spent on D. Allen’s greatness has allowed the Bills to load up on defense and kinda neglect the offense to the point where Josh is throwing to John Brown who didn’t have a team 4 weeks ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

All I want is for them to seriously invest in the O-line this off-season. Please!

In regards to the draft, just relax a bit on using early round picks on defense... This front office & coaching staff hasn't proven they can hit on big talent early. None have been "busts" yet, some have been pretty solid, but none have been stars either. 

1st Round: Edmunds (2018) / Ed Oliver (2019) / Greg Rousseau (2021) / Kaiir Elam (2022)

2nd Round: AJ Epenesa (2020) / Boogie Basham (2021)

3rd Round: Harrison Phillips (2018) / Terrel Bernard (2022)

So all 4 years that this group had a 1st round pick (no 2020 1st), they've selected a defensive player (though in 2018, they also took our lord & savior Josh Allen too). The only one to make a Pro Bowl was Edmunds. Not saying nobody has contributed, as Oliver & now Rousseau have definitely had their moments, but not top tier talent or the homeruns you'd hope from such high draft picks.

And please, stop the revolving door at RB. Wait until you give these guys a better line. James Cook genuinely could be a star, but without an improved O-line it'll be harder to tell.

Edited by BigDingus

29 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

They have the second most money in the league spent on D. Allen’s greatness has allowed the Bills to load up on defense and kinda neglect the offense to the point where Josh is throwing to John Brown who didn’t have a team 4 weeks ago. 

So the big number spent on defense was Miller, who’s cap hit is 19million. The other large numbers are Tre White, Hyde, Milano. Dequan Johnson was an off-season addition along with Settle.These additions were crucial to our run defense and front four rotation . Miller was the big add because they thought he would put us over the top. We’re you against the signing? Josh,Stef,Dion ,and Morse represent 85 million.

7 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

So the big number spent on defense was Miller, who’s cap hit is 19million. The other large numbers are Tre White, Hyde, Milano. Dequan Johnson was an off-season addition along with Settle.These additions were crucial to our run defense and front four rotation . Miller was the big add because they thought he would put us over the top. We’re you against the signing? Josh,Stef,Dion ,and Morse represent 85 million.

The reason that Von Miller turned down a similar deal from The Rams and decided to sign in Buffalo was Joshua Patrick Allen.  The guy admits in interviews he could have spent the rest of his career rushing next to Aaron Donald but turned down the defending Super Bowl Champions because of one reason who the Bills QB was. 
Allens greatness allows Beane to sign whoever he wants on D. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The reason that Von Miller turned down a similar deal from The Rams and decided to sign in Buffalo was Joshua Patrick Allen.  The guy admits in interviews he could have spent the rest of his career rushing next to Aaron Donald but turned down the defending Super Bowl Champions because of one reason who the Bills QB was. 
Allens greatness allows Beane to sign whoever he wants on D. 

Alright, but Allen plays on offense, why aren't star offensive players knocking on the door to come play with him?

22 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

5 of the starting back 7 defenders are playing on lucrative contract extensions(Edmunds and Elam aren't but are both first round picks).............2 firsts and 2 seconds spent on DL while Miller, Jones,  Settle and Phillips were all signed to free agent contracts.      To suggest they haven't spent far more assets on the defensive side of the ball would be ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

I would love to have a TE in the Gronk/ Kelsey mold. 
when the Vikings got Hockenson from Detroit for a 2nd (and something else I believe), my first thought was that if I were Beane and knew Hockenson was on the block, I would’ve countered with a first round pick.  Knox is a decent enough TE, but I don’t know that he’s at the level that opposing teams have to plan around.  

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Would have to be in the first 2 rounds. The third round is reserved for RBs.

I'd go OL, OL, RB.

We just need another Kadarius Toney situation for us to pick up a decent WR without having to waste a early pick

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting thread. Depending on free agency, retirements ( Mitch Morse?) and what offers, if any, Poyer and Edmunds accept, there could be any number of needs. Another question: do they transition Christian Benford to safety? In any case, really need to see a couple of IOL and a wide receiver added.

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So you DON'T want a new all-encompassing draft thread every day?

What kind of draft fan are you?   

Oh.......I get it.......you were planning to "drop" a Deuce Vaughn thread on us tomorrow weren't you?    

feel better now? you like putting words in peoples mouths?

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Robinson is a beast.  We likely won’t be keeping Singletary.  All the top OT gone by then. If top Center is available I’d like that over RB

but still.. come on man...

9 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Dalton Kincaid is going to be special. Every time I watched Utah, your eyes are just drawn to how good he is. He also blocks like a tackle. he's my favorite player in the draft this year. 

At first I immediately dismissed the idea of us taking a TE in the first round. BUT, as you’ve pointed out if this kid can block really well then he could be helping out the offense two-fold by catching the ball, taking pressure off Knox, and also by helping out the running game if his blocking skills can translate to the pro game. If this kid is the real deal, it actually makes some sense. 

Edited by Billznut

11 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

By all means, let's emulate the Packers front office....

6 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

It will really start to feel like the Aaron Rodgers situation in which GB refused to get him the help he needs

Don't laugh....it took GB forever to finally find Aaron help. McDermott is so obsessed with his specialty he's lost all objectivity regarding surrounding your superstar with OL/ WR help....he'll probably draft another CB or DE before realizing Josh is going to get hurt by players like Saffold, Quessenberry etc.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I would love to have a TE in the Gronk/ Kelsey mold. 
when the Vikings got Hockenson from Detroit for a 2nd (and something else I believe), my first thought was that if I were Beane and knew Hockenson was on the block, I would’ve countered with a first round pick.  Knox is a decent enough TE, but I don’t know that he’s at the level that opposing teams have to plan around.  

Being covets, those first round picks, the only player I’ve ever seen him do that for was Stefon Diggs and even then the player that was drafted with that pic has turned out to be an awesome player

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

5 of the starting back 7 defenders are playing on lucrative contract extensions(Edmunds and Elam aren't but are both first round picks).............2 firsts and 2 seconds spent on DL while Miller, Jones,  Settle and Phillips were all signed to free agent contracts.      To suggest they haven't spent far more assets on the defensive side of the ball would be ridiculous.

All I said is we need to address the secondary depth in the off season. I agree we spent cap space on defense. Which signing do you disagree with. Hyde,Poyer,White, Milano,, Johnson are the “lucrative “ contracts you referenced. 

Ha, laughable!  A TE?  No, no, no my friend.  We all know that our first round pick needs to be a QB.  You know, for our backup at that position.  CBS is so elementary and playing 1D chess.  CBS is clearly unaware of our most important needs.  :devil:

22 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I know with the playoff stuff and all there will be plenty of time to get into 
Miami. But being some of the other threads where posting about draft order I figured I’d take a gander at the Bills pick. 
CBS has the Bills taking UTAH TE Dalton Kincaid. I don’t know if many have seen him play being on the west coast but I recommend you YouTube his game against USC. Man you put him with Dawson in two TE sets. I don’t know how you defend it. 
At a minimum it is nice to see the mocks realize Josh needs another receiving threat. 

Will he still be there at 32?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Motor26 said:

Alright, but Allen plays on offense, why aren't star offensive players knocking on the door to come play with him?

I think part of it is geographical...I honestly believe someone like Davante Adams( for example) would love Allen throwing him balls but only if JA played in Miami, Vegas, LA, etc.  Some guys want a championship no matter what and others want to be in that mix of clubs, big cities, what have you.  

22 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You have won the internet on this day 

What about those that cling to one mock draft after another as useful, or informative? Not my idea of fun. Sorry but a week or so before the draft is soon enough to review a few (provided they're from respected draft guys to begin with).

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Being covets, those first round picks, the only player I’ve ever seen him do that for was Stefon Diggs and even then the player that was drafted with that pic has turned out to be an awesome player

That’s another interesting hindsight hypothetical. In a do-over knowing what you know now, do you take Jefferson over Diggs? Mahomes over Allen?  
My gut says ‘no’ to both even though metrics may point the other way. How do you measure the chemistry that is present with Diggs, Allen, et al? 
The one big plus with Jefferson would have been a rookie contract that could free up money for another position. But …Diggs is such a great Buffalo Bill! 

14 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I think it’s a worthy endeavor to prioritize keeping Josh upright surrounded by playmakers more so than it is to continue to stack the defense like they’ve done the past couple off-seasons while putting the offense secondary… The Bills are a great team, but here we are again predicting our defense unable to stop the likes of Burrow and Mahomes while our offense has to try and keep up with lesser talent outside and upfront for Josh.

Seems like they are taking the path to most resistance in trying to win a SB when building an absolute dominant offense with Josh Allen is the most obvious path. 

Why are you still pounding the table about surrounding Josh with better weapons? Everyone knows they over valued Davis off of his career game against KC. They need a number 2, they need a guard and center in the draft and a another TE. Who disagrees with this? Are you questioning the acquisitions of VM? Are you questioning replacing Harrison Phillips on the cheap or Jerry Hughes with Lawson. Dequan Jones is having a great year. I think we have enough weapons with the additions( Hines, Cole and Smoke) to score 30plus in the playoffs. If we can win the turnover battle and stop some red zone drives with FGs, we have as good a chance as anyone.

14 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I think it’s a worthy endeavor to prioritize keeping Josh upright surrounded by playmakers more so than it is to continue to stack the defense like they’ve done the past couple off-seasons while putting the offense secondary… The Bills are a great team, but here we are again predicting our defense unable to stop the likes of Burrow and Mahomes while our offense has to try and keep up with lesser talent outside and upfront for Josh.

Seems like they are taking the path to most resistance in trying to win a SB when building an absolute dominant offense with Josh Allen is the most obvious path. 

As if what some are predicting on a message board has any relevance to to what our date will be.  

Mahomes’ career postseason endings-

31 points - Lost 

31-  won SB

9-    lost 

24-  lost 

Lots of ways you can look at this.  The last two seasons ended in a loss to defenses that shut him down.  Sacked 3, 4, 4 times in 3 postseason losses.  2 ints in the last two postseason losses.  

In his 3 postseason losses-  one team beat them by great offense.  2 teams beat them by shutting down their O.  Our last two victories over KC, we held them to 20 points in both games.  

but kCs offense can’t be stopped……until they are.  🙄 

if you want to stop a  great qb you put relentless pressure on him and take away his receivers...which goes hand in hand for the

most part.   the only way to combat this is having a stout o-line and excellent receiver options.   there is no point having an elite qb if he's going

to continuously get pounded the second he gets the ball.   Allen can get out of a lot of situations but its not conducive to your qbs health and

your making things a lot harder than if you just had a decent o-line.   Brady would have never been Brady all those years without having a great pocket

to hide behind.  

I think its paramount that the Bills start drafting better this year.  You can only hide mediocer drafts for so long and its going to catch up with them.  

Granted the jets and dolphins have had much more and better picks to play with the bit jets especially were able to draft some top tier talent.   Miami turned

draft pics into top tieir free agents.  Of course as you draft lower and lower each year its going to get harder and harder to find that talent as the bills are finding out now. 

You lose Allen and you kiss your season goodbye so first and formost is his health...keeping him protected.   Next you have to provide weapons or whats the 

point of having an elite qb.   

It would seem that drafting 6'8 o linemen, regardless of wingspan isnt the smartest idea.   

My biggest complaint about Bean would be i think he follows his emotions to much.   They gamble to much on what a player might become over what they 

have actually done.  On free agents and other contracts they have been to quick to jump the gun on giving away big contracts to quickly.   

20 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’m talking about the Bills… who’s defense has been annihilated by the Chiefs offense the past two seasons in the playoffs. 

You are right. Have to see how the season plays out, but like I said, the defense tends to fall off a notch when even one prominent player goes down… seems to me the best strategy is to load up for Allen rather than favor stacking the defense like they have considering the inevitable injuries over the course of a 17 game season(and playoffs) and subsequent decrease in quality of performance on that side of the ball. 

yet you ignore that Mahomes’ last 2 seasons ended because while scoring 9 and 24.  More teams have won championships having balanced O/D than being completely dominating in one aspect. 

The offense needs to be addressed, certainly, but don’t expect them to ignore the D.  Our biggest FAs are all on D and a couple will likely be retained imo.  Doesn’t leave much cap room.  We’ll restructure Josh and others to free up room to add some FA on O as well a some draft picks.  Whichever FA we lose will be replaced by a day 2 pick or in FA.  Money will likely be spent on both sides.  Those expecting us to go all in like Miami are foolish.  That’s not the way this regime works.  It’ll either pay off of bite them in the @$$.  

For the record, I’ll be very upset if we don’t add at least one nice upgrade @ WR.  

21 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Robinson is a beast.  We likely won’t be keeping Singletary.  All the top OT gone by then. If top Center is available I’d like that over RB

Oddly enough, that’s exactly who Buffalo Rumblings has us selecting in the first round.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2023/1/9/23536264/2023-nfl-mock-draft-buffalo-bills-bijan-robinson-running-back

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.