1/2/23 Week 17 Gameday Bills @ Bengals Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, fergie's ire said:

Yeah, if you go in thinking it is chili and judge it on those terms, you probably won't like it.  Cincinnati Chili is its own thing...a kind of sauce on spaghetti not a tex-mex chili. 

There are better places to get it than Skyline. Camp Washington Chili is excellent.

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

my own conspiracy theory on Benford is that the IR thing was a bit of a stash, and he has been learning up to move to safety (or at least backup there if needed) for the stretch. We are thin at safety, and are deep at corner. And I have never heard of an oblique sidelining someone for 3 weeks before. 

Hyde is coming back. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, fergie's ire said:

Yeah, if you go in thinking it is chili and judge it on those terms, you probably won't like it.  Cincinnati Chili is its own thing...a kind of sauce on spaghetti not a tex-mex chili. 

the thing I don’t get about Cincy Chili is the excessive cheese on top. You walk by a Skyline and see the photos, and they seem to put like a full bag of shredded cheese on the top. 

That said, I have been to Cincy many times And have never been tempted to get the chili— they have a ton of other great food options there, and so I have never found time to get the chili. Great food town. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, AlfaBill said:

Berman interview Josh. 
Steve Young shows multiple red zone ints by Josh rolling right. Why not show the many many many TDS he’s thrown in the same part of the field? Narrative. Narrative. 

steve is a hater

Just now, AlfaBill said:

Berman interview Josh. 
Steve Young shows multiple red zone ints by Josh rolling right. Why not show the many many many TDS he’s thrown in the same part of the field? Narrative. Narrative. 

He is also salivating over Mahomes game yesterday, you know, where he barely beat a 4 win team. Obviously cementing him as MVP....

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Berman interview Josh. 

Josh doesn't get his called back by fake flags and easy picks dropped by the defense.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know this may be odd but I'm tired of both sets of the fanbase knowing that they don't get as much respect as others. And I know that the Bengals don't deserve as much as the Bills...

But I would love to see one of the teams pitch a shut out to watch the media world erupt and trip over themselves to get off the Cowboys, Chiefs, Eagles, and others nuts. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

the thing I don’t get about Cincy Chili is the excessive cheese on top. You walk by a Skyline and see the photos, and they seem to put like a full bag of shredded cheese on the top. 

That said, I have been to Cincy many times And have never been tempted to get the chili— they have a ton of other great food options there, and so I have never found time to get the chili. Great food town. 

Cincinnati is an awesome food town.  the Jeff Ruby steak houses are superb.  Great dining downtown.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

well, now I am nervous! 

White, Jackson, Elam, Rhodes, and Benford. That is a solid 1-5 group, IMO. 

Rhodes and Benford are inactive, White isn't Tre of old, Jackson has been a disaster, and 1st rounder Elam hasn't locked down CB2 (see Jackson).  idk, doesn't seem so solid to me.

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Josh doesn't get his called back by fake flags and easy picks dropped by the defense.

I would love to have time to see how many "defensive holding" calls patty gets for automatic first downs on game winning drives.

It feels like alot, but I'm biased and haven't actually looked.

1 minute ago, Southern_Bills said:

I would love to have time to see how many "defensive holding" calls patty gets for automatic first downs on game winning drives.

It feels like alot, but I'm biased and haven't actually looked.

He is the new Brady.  He gets them more than enough to notice it.  Especially on 3rd down.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

On a scale from 1-10 how confident the Bills win? I'm at a 5.75. Almost a coin flip but slight edge goes to Bills because of Allen. 

I feel like Allen is going to go off, and not stop until after the super bowl. But I have been drinking, full disclosure. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Off to my Bills Bar.

We still control our own destiny. The magnitude of this game is obvious. We've beaten top teams this year before, let's continue to do so!

GO BILLS!!!

I hope it is asses to elbows packed brother GO BILLS!~!~!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Rhodes and Benford are inactive, White isn't Tre of old, Jackson has been a disaster, and 1st rounder Elam hasn't locked down CB2 (see Jackson).  idk, doesn't seem so solid to me.

Got a feeling they het tested tonight

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Cincinnati is an awesome food town.  the Jeff Ruby steak houses are superb.  Great dining downtown.

Cincinnati is gross. It is Middletown with two universities. One of which you cannot even pronounce. The only reason Cincinnati exists is because the hillbillies in West Virginia fell into the river and ran aground.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

I know this may be odd but I'm tired of both sets of the fanbase knowing that they don't get as much respect as others. And I know that the Bengals don't deserve as much as the Bills...

But I would love to see one of the teams pitch a shut out to watch the media world erupt and trip over themselves to get off the Cowboys, Chiefs, Eagles, and others nuts. 

Washington beat down the Eagles and still didn’t shut up talking heads, Cowboys…. Well they just Cowboy and media still has a gleam in eye when talking about them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Berman interview Josh. 

Exactly. I was about to post this exact complaint. I don’t need much more reason to hate ESPN, but their moronic narrative lately that is constantly focusing on Allen’s turnovers while completely ignoring all his TDs and great plays in the red zone which GREATLY outnumber any turnovers he ever has had in his career down there is about as lazy and sloppy commentary as one could attempt to make. And then of course a segment five minutes later Steve is showing highlights of Mahomes and why he is MVP. If ESPN didn’t have a more moronic agenda so apparent, there wouldn’t be a need for them to exist. 

• Like (+1) 1