Ohio State vs Georgia - CFP thread

Simon

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Stroud is awful .. just no awareness on the field. OSU was in perfect position to get in the garage with a W and he takes a sackā€¦ just not impressed with this kidĀ 

You're drunk right?? I'm no fan of OSU but he was fantastic tonight. Only reason they were that close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed. I am a big Day hater. He is calling a heck of a game. Just the sequencing of the run plays on that last drive smartly set up the playaction TD.

Ā 

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

That was a masterful drive to start the second half.Ā 

Ā 

He was so good for 59 1/2 minutes, then his balls crawled up inside his belly the second they got to the edge of FG range.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

F the Big 10 and their weak conference outside of Ohio State and Michigan who both get sent home packingā€¦.again.Ā 

Ā 

They were two of the best 5 teams in the country

Just now, Motorin' said:

Only since 1913 šŸ˜‚

Ha. Ā I honestly had no clue. Ā Iā€™ve probably watched about 5 or 6 hours of college football in my life, total. Ā Seems like a bizarre rule to me, as well as the OOB spot for the 1st down in the 4th quarter (wtf???)

Ā 

Watched most of this game and a little of the Michigan-TCU game. Ā The coverage and tackling was reallyā€¦ ummā€¦ something šŸ˜¬

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So thatā€™s how this yearā€™s gonna go.Ā 

Ā 

Yep.......what a hack job at the end...........tough night for you and a lot of Bengals fans...........hopefully it's the beginning of a bad year for Ohio college and pro football teams.Ā :thumbsup:

Ā 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Ha. Ā I honestly had no clue. Ā Iā€™ve probably watched about 5 or 6 hours of college football in my life, total. Ā Seems like a bizarre rule to me, as well as the OOB spot for the 1st down in the 4th quarter (wtf???)

Ā 

Watched most of this game and a little of the Michigan-TCU game. Ā The coverage and tackling was reallyā€¦ ummā€¦ something šŸ˜¬

Ā 

It's rare to have a "lockdown" corner in college. Which is why they are usually still developing when they get to the NFL.

21 minutes ago, JMM said:

You're drunk right?? I'm no fan of OSU but he was fantastic tonight. Only reason they were that close.

Well Iā€™m a huge OSU fan , and he was good until the critical final moments. He wilted under the pressure. Took an unforgivable sack, then couldnā€™t get it done when they needed 1 more first down to set up the game winning FG. Sorry, but heā€™s not clutch.Ā 

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Well Iā€™m a huge OSU fan , and he was good until the critical final moments. He wilted under the pressure. Took an unforgivable sack, then couldnā€™t get it done when they needed 1 more first down to set up the game winning FG. Sorry, but heā€™s not clutch.Ā 

I think you are too hard on him. He drove then quickly into FG range. They needed to just run the ball twice and make that kick a 40 to 45-yarder.Ā 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Osu blew it twice in the 4th, had a chance to go up two scores and takes a sack. After watching that field goal just get over the cross bar and the way things were going at the end, when stroud scrambled to the 30 ish, I said they need to get closer. I though it was basically a given since they had the timeout, but they blew it again by not getting any closer thereĀ 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think you are too hard on him. He drove then quickly into FG range. They needed to just run the ball twice and make that kick a 40 to 45-yarder.Ā 

Great college quarterback

Ā 

I donā€™t think he will be a franchise guy in the NFL

Ā 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

They tried a run and lost two yards. Ā Maybe Day should have called a designed QB run ? They dared Stroud to make another play or two and he failed. I know Harrison was out but they needed two crunch time plays and just didnā€™t look up to the task. It felt like GA knew he wouldnā€™t be and they were right.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Osu blew it twice in the 4th, had a chance to go up two scores and takes a sack. After watching that field goal just get over the cross bar and the way things were going at the end, when stroud scrambled to the 30 ish, I said they need to get closer. I though it was basically a given since they had the timeout, but they blew it again by not getting any closer thereĀ 

Exactly how I saw it. They were in a great spot twice and came up small.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Ā 

I don't understand why they passed the ball 2 consecutive times in that situation. Seemed like an easy enough spot to run it for what you could get and kick it.

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Ā 

IIRC you didnā€™t think too much of Burrow and heā€™s looking Franchise at the moment

I thought he was solidā€¦ high floor ā€¦ middle ceilingĀ 

Ā 

just not a transcendent guy ā€¦. I liked his makeup a lot more than his armā€¦ which is very good but not eliteĀ 

Ā 

he is a great rhythm passer ā€¦ and his poise is his best attributeĀ 

Ā 

I think he can be more easily defended than a mahomes or Allen or rodgers in his primeĀ 

Ā 

When the media hype Train calls you the best thing since sliced bread I tend to nitpick

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ā 

Disagree, thought the play calling let him down at those critical points. A double screen against that pressure? And then run it with 17 seconds left and you're still outside of you kickers comfort range?Ā 

4 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Fun fact. Stetson Bennett's NIL deals expire at midnight. If they win tonight, they want an additional 60k to extend what was a months long 25k deal until the Championship game.

Ā 

So how do these deals work ?

Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So thatā€™s how this yearā€™s gonna go.Ā 

Ā 

Just means the Bills win it all

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Should be Michigan vs Ohio St in the championship

Ā 

Ā 

Now they should play against each-other in the ā€œall state, choke artist- you blew it bowlā€ Michigan just stepping all over themselves from start to finish against an inferior team and Ohio state squandering an inexcusable late multi score lead. Just absolutely horrendous coaching from Harbaugh all day and Ohio state should be ashamed of letting that one slip.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Should be Michigan vs Ohio St in the championship

Ā 

Ā 

No.Ā  Michigan was poorly coached, slow to adjust,and routinely made things worse with poor playcalling.Ā  They got what they deserved.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.