When are week 18 game times going to be set?

PromoTheRobot

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

PTR, I think Tuesday after the MNF game it gets announced as they need to give I think 10 days notice or something like that one.  If you call Sal on the Extra Point Show, he usually knows all the ins and outs on that stuff.

Usually I think it's 2 weeks before for games flexed??? It doesn't apply to week 18 as Tuesday will only be 5 days notice and even if it's Sunday night that's only 7 days.

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm waiting on the same thing. If it's any time but late night Sun or Mon night , my Jets buddy will drive out from Jersey for my 1st Bill's gm at OP this year

Saw them in Jersey vs the Jests

Unless we win and KC loses and it's a meaningless game

It won't be Monday Night.  There is no MNF the last week of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

"In Week 18, two games will be played on Saturday (4:30 PM ET and 8:15 PM ET) with the remainder to be played on Sunday afternoon (1:00 PM ET and 4:25 PM ET) and one matchup to be played on Sunday night (8:20 PM ET). Specific dates, start times, and networks for Week 18 matchups will be determined and announced following the conclusion of Week 17."

If Goodell isnt compassionate enough to see that a Buffalo night game is more dangerous with the sidewalks and roads loaded with snow, and that this city just had a storm that killed 40 members of this community then the league is more money hungry than I thought.

Keep the stupid game at 1pm Roger you pasty faced puppet.  You've already put us on a million night games, we lost a home game to another storm, try to do something right for a change.  It's easier to see pedestrians in daylight, especially when there are 8 foot snowbanks.

Obviously a Denver win over KC puts us in a sweet spot and then the league wouldn't flex the game anyway.  They'll come out with a statement that says "we've decided in light of the recent events in Buffalo that it's safer to keep the game at 1pm"   

• Eyeroll 4

7 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

If Goodell isnt compassionate enough to see that a Buffalo night game is more dangerous with the sidewalks and roads loaded with snow, and that this city just had a storm that killed 40 members of this community then the league is more money hungry than I thought.

Keep the stupid game at 1pm Roger you pasty faced puppet.  You've already put us on a million night games, we lost a home game to another storm, try to do something right for a change.  It's easier to see pedestrians in daylight, especially when there are 8 foot snowbanks.

Obviously a Denver win over KC puts us in a sweet spot and then the league wouldn't flex the game anyway.  They'll come out with a statement that says "we've decided in light of the recent events in Buffalo that it's safer to keep the game at 1pm"   

Don't worry, bro. The Bills game won't be Sunday night against the Patriots. Relax man

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm trying to plan for the Patriots game with a Sabres game on Saturday night. When do we know when the Bills will play?

From what I recall the week 18 schedule is usually announced late during the Sunday night game, maybe around 11:00 PM.  Likely NBC wants to be able to promo the game they will be showing before signing off, but everything else is also announced with it.

This is kind of a unique situation as don't recall in past years a Monday night game having such importance on seedings. Who wins Monday night could change the seeding a bit, but but not like any single one of those games will be a play in game.  Worst I could see happening is they decide to schedule the Bills Chiefs, Bengals games all for 4:25 on Sunday, but more likely the Bills will be at 1:00 on Sunday IMO.

Found a link form last year that confirms my recollection, was announced late during Sunday night game on Jan 2nd of week 17 schedule and a 2nd link stating will be announced this Sunday night.  Unless the Bills Bengals game is such a game changer, would imagine this will hold true.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-announces-week-18-saturday-games-sunday-nighter

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/nfl-week-18-schedule-predictions-odds-eagles-giants-playoff-picture-20221230.html

Ross Tucker mentioned he expects either on the SNF halftime, or our MNF halftime shows.  At worst Tuesday morning.  The League wants a dramatic impact where there are as many playoff implications and they can move games around to get the most impact.  They can’t move te Bills before Sunday so either 4 pm or SNF, it just depends what happens between tomorrow and MNF.

7 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

From what I recall the week 18 schedule is usually announced late during the Sunday night game, maybe around 11:00 PM.  Likely NBC wants to be able to promo the game they will be showing before signing off, but everything else is also announced with it.

This is kind of a unique situation as don't recall in past years a Monday night game having such importance on seedings. Who wins Monday night could change the seeding a bit, but but not like any single one of those games will be a play in game.  Worst I could see happening is they decide to schedule the Bills Chiefs, Bengals games all for 4:25 on Sunday, but more likely the Bills will be at 1:00 on Sunday IMO.

Found a link form last year that confirms my recollection, was announced late during Sunday night game on Jan 2nd of week 17 schedule and a 2nd link stating will be announced this Sunday night.  Unless the Bills Bengals game is such a game changer, would imagine this will hold true.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-announces-week-18-saturday-games-sunday-nighter

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/nfl-week-18-schedule-predictions-odds-eagles-giants-playoff-picture-20221230.html

They wouldn't make the Bills play on Saturday after a Monday night game, would they?

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They wouldn't make the Bills play on Saturday after a Monday night game, would they?

I'd say doubtful they'd do that.  Doesn't seem like there's as many playoff deciding games this year as in the past.  Most teams could be already decided by the tend of this weekend excluding Jax-Tenn.  Mainly teams will be playing for seeding only week 18

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No, they wouldn't. Even with all the uncertainty surrounding the week 18 schedule, the rules still say teams must be informed with no less than 6 days notice. The Bills will not be playing on Saturday.

• Like (+1) 1

Sunday night…

in AFC…..

If baltimore wins…Baltimore at Cincinnati for division title. Game likely on nbc.  Doesn’t matter what happens on Monday 

Tennessee at Jacksonville on Saturday. This moves to Sunday if Baltimore loses. Cincinati can clinch division in a win.

Jets at Miami can be winner gets a WC spot if Miami and jets win

if Miami loses then bills and Miami games happen at the same time. Then patriots have the edge so mia needs buffalo win 

New England at Buffalo if New England wins and jets then jets- mia winner gets WC if bills win.

Pittsburgh gets in with a WW and none of Mia, ne, and jets get to 9-8 by pats WL and Jets LW

In NFC….

Giants clinch with one W

eagles clinch top seed with win

if Washington loses and Seattle loses and Detroit and  Green Bay win— then Detroit at green bay for a playoff8. spot

Tampa-Carolina game for division control. Tampa clinches with win. If Carolina wins they control fate.  
if new Orleans beat eagles then they can get nfc south with W and Tampa loss in week18

Seattle could control Ken fate with a WW to close. They have the tiebreak on lions by h2h but Green Bay over Seattle based on conf record.  So if tomorrow there are loses by Green Bay and Washington, and lions win, and Seattle wins thrn Seattle game could be Seattle gets WC with but not back in with a L.

if eagles L , Vikings W, and Giants L then Giants- eagles could go to Saturday. Eagles need to win for top seed, giants need to W for playoff spot.

see what happens Sunday afternoon——

21 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t understand how the NFL can delay these announcements like this. People have to plan! 

If there is even one dollar left on the table, the NFL will do whatever is needed to secure it.

20 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Ross Tucker mentioned he expects either on the SNF halftime, or our MNF halftime shows.  At worst Tuesday morning.  The League wants a dramatic impact where there are as many playoff implications and they can move games around to get the most impact.  They can’t move te Bills before Sunday so either 4 pm or SNF, it just depends what happens between tomorrow and MNF.

Look for the Bills to be at 4 Sunday.  The Chiefs play in Las Vegas,  so that has to be a 4 o'clock start. Unless Chiefs lose at home against Denver combined with Bills winning in Cincinnati,  number 1 seed will be in play. Barring that scenario, SNF is out because that game might be meaningless to the Bills but important for patriots, league doesn't want teams resting starters which the Bills could do should Chiefs lose at 4.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/30/2022 at 8:15 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm trying to plan for the Patriots game with a Sabres game on Saturday night. When do we know when the Bills will play?

I found the nfl.com release announcing the schedule from last year and it was published Sunday night just before midnight.  So I'm guessing after tonight's game is over.

I would almost guarantee the Bills play at 4, unless KC loses today and Bills win Monday.

Reason being is KC is in Vegas week 18 and NFL can’t move That game up cause the west coast time.

And they won’t give KC a scheduling advantage by making the bills play at 1, because KC would know the result of the bills game and could choose to rest starters or not.

So pretty much book 4 PM next Sunday unless somehow broncos pull off the big

upset today 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.