NFL Week #15 - Fish at Buffalo - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

It was easy to see how hyped Josh was early in this game - balls were sailing on him.

That is not new with Allen.

Daboll used to throw in some QB runs early to let Allen feel some contact and get "into" the game and take some of that edge off; Dorsey should think about doing the same.

It is just how Allen is wired. The big kid gets up grinning ear to ear late in games when he runs and take on a few defenders and gets into a scrum downfield.

He also gets more dialed in as we see later in the 1st half and later in the 2nd half of games.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, WideNine said:

It was easy to see how hyped Josh was early in this game - balls were sailing on him.

That is not new with Allen.

Daboll used to throw in some QB runs early to let Allen feel some contact and get "into" the game and take some of that edge off; Dorsey should think about doing the same.

It is just how Allen is wired. The big kid gets up grinning ear to ear late in games when he runs and take on a few defenders and gets into a scrum downfield.

He also gets more dialed in as we see later in the 1st half and later in the 2nd half of games.

This^ literally was texting last night that he needs an early design run to get hit and settle- 

I also feel when we start to struggle after a lead isn't just play calling- I feel like JA17 kinda starts just to many shots downs field when underneath stuff is there because just can and wants to put them away- they really aren't high percentage plays

Believe me I don't want him to stop altogether - just a better blend is all

That being said I would not trade him for the world - love me some Josh Allen- MVP always in my mind 

Edited by BlazinBill
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BlazinBill said:

It was more than disappointing - I think McDaniel knew with the weather that he had to focus on developing a run game and change it up and show a different game plan it's just a shame we didn't have gap integrity and continue to try and tackle to high- and for the love of God please stop putting Boogie on the field 

That's part of it. The other part was the scheme invited them to run- it hoped for them to have less productivity. They had a few big runs, but limited the overall damage, and pushed Tua to make throws he isn't good at. We got them away from their strength and won the game

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, slipkid said:

But this needs to be said and probably doesn’t need its own thread. Can we stop now with the sideline coach “interviews” to start the second and third quarters?

We’re all dumber for having to hear them.

Those sideline/halftime interviews of coaches in ALL professional or college sports have been worthless for decades. 99% of the time, everybody knows exactly what the coach is going to say, because the questions are so vanilla. Example: "Coach you're down 28-0 here at the half, and you have had three turnovers, what do you need to do to get back into the game?" We need to execute better and secure the ball. Our offense needs to step up their game. LOL

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Beast said:

For a role player, Cam Lewis has made two major blunders. One cost us a game with the 4th and 18 pass that he blew, and now add last night with the mind-numbing roughing the punter penalty that led to a Miami TD and them taking the lead in the game.

Surely we can find a player on our own, or someone else’s  practice squad that won’t make such critical errors in such limited time seeing the field.

Cut this guy. Please.

Has McDermott commented yet on Lewis? If he's willing to make a running back ride the bench for an extended period for a fumble what is the proper reaction for this bonehead other that being cut?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Even Chiefs fans were out crying on Dolphins fanzine with some conspiracy BS claim as you can see below.LMAO 

Chiefs fan here and not one to normally blame the refs. But Miami should have won that game. There was not overwhelming evidence to one, have overturned that failed Josh Allen 2 point conversion fumble. Secondly, that pass interference call on a uncatchable ball when the receiver didn't create separation was one of the most egregious calls I've seen.

I know for a fact our receivers wouldn't get that call IN THAT MOMENT. Most receivers would have to be blatantly held back as in holding/pass interference to get that call in that moment. The NFL has been pushing a failed Josh Allen narrative all year and it looked like they did their best snow clearing Bills players and all to help that narrative. 

Did this Chefs fan mention how Josh was hit late, out of bounds 4 times and only one RTP call? Imagine patty taking those shots! It was absolutely ridiculous 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

No need to rush Bease, ease him back in. 

McKenzie had a solid game but still is more a #2 slot. 

Agree- get him back in slowly and hopefully he's full go come play offs- truly believe his game opens things for Davis- need that high low action- Beasley just brings something different - would love to have Beasley and Crowder for 1-2 punch in the slot come playoffs

Edited by BlazinBill

this was a post from a chat acquaintance from Toronto in regards to last nights game. #wilcoam CONCUR

It's 4:00a and I just got home and I have goose bumps, we've made the post season again, we've won 5 in a row, we've just beat and virtually eliminated all other other AFC teams from being able to compete for the division, we're um 11-3, what a season this is...

• Like (+1) 4

11 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Even Chiefs fans were out crying on Dolphins fanzine with some conspiracy BS claim as you can see below.LMAO 

Chiefs fan here and not one to normally blame the refs. But Miami should have won that game. There was not overwhelming evidence to one, have overturned that failed Josh Allen 2 point conversion fumble. Secondly, that pass interference call on a uncatchable ball when the receiver didn't create separation was one of the most egregious calls I've seen.

I know for a fact our receivers wouldn't get that call IN THAT MOMENT. Most receivers would have to be blatantly held back as in holding/pass interference to get that call in that moment. The NFL has been pushing a failed Josh Allen narrative all year and it looked like they did their best snow clearing Bills players and all to help that narrative. 

Are they serious? Considering the number of cheap calls they get? Second to Edelman whining last night.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Can someone explain how the QBR is calculated, please?

Josh last night - 4 TD, 0 INT, 25/40 at 62.5% for 304, 77 Rushing at 7.7, sacked twice, QBR 54.4

Tua last night - 2 TD, 0 INT,  17/30 at 56.7% for 234, 7 Rushing at 7, sacked twice, QBR 54.0

Admittedly Josh had a couple of fumbles but would they have hurt is QBR to that extent? Mahomes threw three interceptions last week, had -3 for rushing yards, one less touchdown, sacked the same number of times yet got a QBR of 68.3.

ESPN cannot explain it either. And it is Their fancy stat. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

It's honestly incredible people like you are so fragile to merely talk about a game. 

Great cliff hanger. Fact.

Penalty and weather the two key elements of the win.  Fact. 

Team out of sync still.  Fact.

Need to clean up stuff to win the SB. Fact.

The fact you take issue with any of that and feel the need to call it stupid does nothing other than reveal you have the emotional intelligence of a toddler. 

You forgot to mention snowflake. I know you wanted to though.

Elements were not required they just framed the scenario. What were required elements were runs, catches and execution. The onset of a snowstorm did not have an effect on the drive. It was a dusting, it’s not like the last drive took place in the Indy game from a few years ago where there was 12 inches of snow on the field. 

The penalty was a penalty. They call them all game long, so to insinuate that the penalty was a required element for the bills to win the game is also folly. 

Did they look out of sync? Absolutely at times. Many teams do, because the other team gets paid to play football as well. The Dolphins after losing two in a row showed some pride and moxie and made a game of it.

Do they need to clean up some things in order to win the Super Bowl? It is debatable but I think they do. I think every team entering the playoffs has certain aspects of their game to clean up in order to be the best team on the field.

Merry Christmas dude.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but Buffalo was clearly the superior team once the snow/wind started coming down. Allen was passing it with no problems at all. Meanwhile Tua was huddled in his oversized jacket hiding like a turtle from the elements. 

This made me feel good about possible weather issues in playoffs when we have home field advantage in the AFC Championship game.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Did this Chefs fan mention how Josh was hit late, out of bounds 4 times and only one RTP call? Imagine patty taking those shots! It was absolutely ridiculous 

Remember the Chiefs were rooting hard for Miami to win. They want their homefield.  They also hate the Bills regardless.  So this absolutely ridiculous Chiefs fan’s take doesn’t surprise. A failed Josh Allen narrative?  That guy needs to go play in traffic. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Remember the Chiefs were rooting hard for Miami to win. They want their homefield.  They also hate the Bills regardless.  So this absolutely ridiculous Chiefs fan’s take doesn’t surprise. A failed Josh Allen narrative?  That guy needs to go play in traffic. 

Do you think they want to play the Bills again? I think not. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jahnyc said:

Some quick observations. 

1.  The Bills have won 11 games and are on their way to the playoffs again and another division crown.  The team is well coached, has a strong front office, and is blessed with an amazing QB, who also is a fit in terms of personality and demeanor for the franchise.

2.  We lack speed at WR and RB.  Cook seems to have some quickness, but he does not seem to play fast.  Miami has skill players on offense that play fast and are fast (Hill, Waddle and Mostert).  The Bills need a WR that will stretch the field.

3.  Our reserves/back-ups have been somewhat disappointing, except on the DL.  It may be unfair to be critical about this since very few (if any) NFL teams have adequate depth at this point of the season, or have players that can step-in and play at a quality starter level, but the play of back-ups in our secondary and o-line has not been good.  Jaquan Johnson has played poorly, Hamlin's play has been inconsistent, and Terell Bernard isn't ready at this point at LB (which required us to sign Klein).  On the o-line, I have a feeling that Q, our top reserve, has been playing through injuries, which has impacted his overall play.

4.  Our rookies have not had the impact that we were expecting after a strong pre-season.  Elam has deficiencies in tackling ability, Shakir has disappeared for some reason, Cook seems to be improving after a slow start to the season and Bernard does not seem ready for a significant role on defense at this point.  I think this draft class will turn out to be an above average group, but it will take time.

5.  Agree with posters who think the o-line needs to be upgraded.

6.  Kind of nice that former players want to come back and play for the Bills.  Shows the team culture and appeal of the Buffalo area is strong.

7.  Josh is awesome and makes this team a top contender.

I don't understand how you can make the first observation and then make the 2nd, 3rd, perhaps 4th, 5th, and 6th.  

Last off-season on offense McBeane were all about reducing Josh's carries and here we are back to needing him to run to manufacture offense again.  

They whiffed on the UFA OL signings and they're still not strong running the ball.  Cook may catch passes, but you want more from a 2nd round RB.  Sum is that the running game is still not good and they lack the 3rd receiver.  Perhaps they're trying to make up for it with better pass-catching RBs but they've also spent a lot getting those guys.   

They are 11-3, but seeing them scrape by against Miami at home is a harbinger of things to come in the playoffs.  Miami is no pushover, but Buffalo is likely to face better (KC, CIN) in the playoffs at some point  

• Vomit 1

26 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Has anyone mentioned within these 42 pages that Cam Lewis shouldn’t be occupying a roster spot?

McD is wont to give a guy another chance, but he is equally wont to glue a guy to the bench for mistakes. But that is for physical errors mostly. What Lewis did was an egregious mental gaffe. I’d be surprised if he sees the field again this season. 

4 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I don't understand how you can make the first observation and then make the 2nd, 3rd, perhaps 4th, 5th, and 6th.  

Last off-season on offense McBeane were all about reducing Josh's carries and here we are back to needing him to run to manufacture offense again.  

They whiffed on the UFA OL signings and they're still not strong running the ball.  Cook may catch passes, but you want more from a 2nd round RB.  Sum is that the running game is still not good and they lack the 3rd receiver.  Perhaps they're trying to make up for it with better pass-catching RBs but they've also spent a lot getting those guys.   

They are 11-3, but seeing them scrape by against Miami at home is a harbinger of things to come in the playoffs.  Miami is no pushover, but Buffalo is likely to face better (KC, CIN) in the playoffs at some point  

You do realize Josh threw 4 TD passes last night, correct?  And for over 300 yards?  I'm not saying it's ideal that he's our leading rusher, but he's also throwing alot of TD passes.

I hate to say this, but I'm starting to respect Tua

I'm also starting to respect McDaniel as a coach.  Tua's demeanor on the podium is just night and day different from last year. 

That has to stem from being comfortable with and confident in himself as a QB - recognizing the need to improve, but not being depondant or too down on himself. 

Really transformed, and that has to come from McDaniel.  That greasy little geek with his convoluted language just might have something.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm also starting to respect McDaniel as a coach.  Tua's demeanor on the podium is just night and day different from last year. 

That has to stem from being comfortable with and confident in himself as a QB - recognizing the need to improve, but not being depondant or too down on himself. 

Really transformed, and that has to come from McDaniel.  That greasy little geek with his convoluted language just might have something.

Who cares? Faak the Fish, Pats and Jest. 

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm with you. I thought the bills were going to roll last night. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Just checked in on our friends over at Finheaven.  This was the best comment:

“Tua outplayed Allen again but of course the media will suck off the chosen one all week”

Here’s another one… this might be even better than the one above!  Remember, a human being who is a Dolphins fan actually typed this out:

“The only 2 question I have is......
Why was Allen not pulled from the game yesterday when Allen was clearly and visibly shaken after a blow to the head?
Why is Josh Allen not in concussion protocol today?”

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Thank the Football Gods for Josh Allen.

Miami Dolphins is playing playoff football right now. They needed to win. They gave us their best shot. We took it. We won.

Tom Brady and the Pats had a lot of close wins. A win is a win. Let's move on. We're 11-3. We're number one in the AFC.

That's the thing when your good - everyone brings their A game - the entire AFC East and some others are literally building their teams around trying to beat us- getting good is very difficult staying good is even harder.

Keep winning and grinding and fix what needs to be fixed every week.We have high expectations because we have been spoiled with blow outs

Edited by BlazinBill

Anyone notice on the kneel down that Josh was not under center (full house??)..

I am guessing that was because Morse was out or because of the fumbled snap earlier in the year at the 1 yard line, or both. 

Miami had no timeouts so taking extra time off the clock wasn't it.

Just found it interesting and new.. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BernieBill said:

Obviously it's great to win ... Josh Allen is simply incredible ... but McDermott and the entire coaching staff continue to underperform and it's a serious problem ... Buffalo's trying to win a Super Bowl and the coaches are simply weak ... the defensive scheme tonight was embarrassing ... Waddle dropped a TD early ... Josh once again transcended bad coaching

Yes...because no other teams play close games.

I am sure you have an excuse for why the 1 win Texans are leading the Chiefs in the 2nd quarter too.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Here’s another one… this might be even better than the one above!  Remember, a human being who is a Dolphins fan actually typed this out:

“The only 2 question I have is......
Why was Allen not pulled from the game yesterday when Allen was clearly and visibly shaken after a blow to the head?
Why is Josh Allen not in concussion protocol today?”

Wait...Wat?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.