12/17/22 Week 15 Gameday Bills vs Dolphins PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Tua trying to throw the ball with "The Hawk" in effect tonight and the cross-winds that are a nightmare especially for QBs not familiar with them will be hilarious. Expecting a few balls that drift off course directly to Bills defenders...I mean he threw a pick 6 straight to Milano that was dropped in the first game 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

Not looking for style points tonight.... just a win.  If the Dolphins were to somehow find a way to win this game in this weather, we'll never hear the end of it. 

Just get a W tonight by any means necessary.  Go Bills!

Amen

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Well, my soccer team lost today. I said to myself before they played that, if I had to choose between the two, I'd take a Bills win over a soccer win as the latter has time to pull it back. Now for the Bills to hold up their side of the bargain.

At least your goalie didn’t get attacked with a bucket!!!

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Watching Tua trying to throw the ball with "The Hawk" in effect tonight and the cross-winds that are a nightmare especially for QBs not familiar with them will be hilarious. Expecting a few balls that drift off course directly to Bills defenders...I mean he threw a pick 6 straight to Milano that was dropped in the first game 

Note to Milano:  CATCH THOSE!

40 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Any word if he’s activated to the 53 today?

Won't know until this afternoon - I think they have until 90 minutes, when the inactives come out.

Edit: Joe just says afternoon, and someone else said 4 pm.  So sometime between 4 pm and when the inactives come out?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah with everything going on today weather wise I see Tua having one of those legendary bad games. The kind that make Fish fans re-evaluate whether he's the long term savior?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not me….it’s all coming down to the Bengals game in two weeks. Relax and enjoy this one. 
Go Bills

I find myself in the very odd position of actually having to root for Brady to pull a horseshoe out of his ass tomorrow.

50 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Hawk…lol….did anyone ever tell Bergman no one here says that?

Normally, I'd favor against a bad weather game because it tends to even things out for lesser teams.

In this case, I'm all for it being snowy, cold and windy.  The Dolphins are offensively a finesse team with a QB that relies on accuracy and not velocity.  On paper, he should struggle and since they don't have a ground game that most likely will flounder as well.   The Bills should look to curb stomp the Dolphins with unbridled physicality and unleash Josh in both the run and pass game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

In the last Phins game I watched the announcers talked a lot about how Tua throws the soft ball, with a lot of arc, and that the benefit was he could throw safely over defenders at the line and others not directly on the receiver.  They mentioned he rarely threw balls with zip.   We'll see how well that plays if the winds get a whippin!  

5 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

In the last Phins game I watched the announcers talked a lot about how Tua throws the soft ball, with a lot of arc, and that the benefit was he could throw safely over defenders at the line and others not directly on the receiver.  They mentioned he rarely threw balls with zip.   We'll see how well that plays if the winds get a whippin!  

It's supposed to be blustery.

He may not be able to throw at all.

Gonna be a garbage game.

• Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, Magox said:

Normally, I'd favor against a bad weather game because it tends to even things out for lesser teams.

In this case, I'm all for it being snowy, cold and windy.  The Dolphins are offensively a finesse team with a QB that relies on accuracy and not velocity.  On paper, he should struggle and since they don't have a ground game that most likely will flounder as well.   The Bills should look to curb stomp the Dolphins with unbridled physicality and unleash Josh in both the run and pass game.  

I agree with you.  HOWEVER, if it’s extremely snowy or windy, things will likely start to get silly and random.  Kind of like the difference between classical and quantum physics.

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, finn said:

I'm predicting Duke Johnson will be activated. We need to pound the rock in the snow. This is the kind of week Tommy Doyle would have been helpful. The big difference in this game might end up being Allen running. 

If someone has the ability, please tell the RBs/receivers to protect the ball. Dolphins will be ripping at it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.