12/17/22 Week 15 Gameday Bills vs Dolphins PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

Happy Holidays, TBDer’s! 🌲 is up, lawns are decorated and wrapped  🎁s are beginning to fill up under the tree! Tis the Season! 

But ‘comfort and joy’ wouldn’t exist without comparable contrast. Enter the aqua Grinch looking to steal our Christmas. Having already crapped on our Autumn, the Dolphins are in town with dreams of a sweep dancing in their heads. Heavenly Hosts may sing Hallelujah, but the heavens over WNY are opening up tonight with a Whiteout Welcome for the creepy Grinch! Indeed, the Dolphins are creepy. Their owner is a creep, their HC is creepy looking and many of their players are dirty creeps. Even their QB’s name is creepy! They aren’t just looking to steal a game, they want our Division title -and they believe they’re up to it. Their coach is challenging Old Man Winter to bring his nastiest stuff and the QB claims the all-time maximum 7 inches of 1 year total snowfall in ‘Bama has him well prepared to heat up the brisk evening weather. 

But here’s where their travel plans go awry. They don’t and can’t run the ball. Their offense is deep-pass based and they’re well below the League average in total Defense. Their Special Teams are anything but and they simply don’t have any experience playing in cold, windy, Winter night weather. If they try to float deep passes over our LBs, it’ll be a ‘Tua Turnaballova’ Xmas Festival! They’re playing against the ONLY team in the NFL who have rushed for over 💯 yards every single game this season and across the line of scrimmage, they’ll see their ‘Daddy’ calling signals from his Naughty List  -and 🎅🏼 wants revenge! Expect late hits and dirty play from the slimey fish. Right in line with their entire organization, It’s their calling card. Personally, I wouldn’t touch them with a 39 and a half foot pole!

Attaining our 11th win tonight won’t secure the Division, but it’ll punch our post-season 🎟. The AFCE Title and 1st Round Bye are gifts currently wrapped and under the tree -with tags that reads ‘Do Not Open til Christmas’.

GO BILLS!   🎅🏼 
🏈 🌲  🏆 

🖕

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Vaguely remember a story about ice balls thrown at Cox as a kid.

Did we throw em because of the middle finger or was there already hostility. Im 34, remember hating Fins by like 5th grade, but has been since then i actually hated them. Good to have that back ! 🖕 the Fins

idk if there’s ever been a snow game in Buffalo where snowballs weren’t a primary weapon, but I believe you’re referring to pelting the Dolphins bus with them every time the buses are seen! 😂 The HATE has been there since the winless ‘70s but it went Full Bore by the late 80’s and well into the 90’s.

4 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

Repeat after me:

SQUISH THE FISH!

SQUISH THE FISH!

SQUISH THE FISH!

SQUISH THE FISH!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Today is going to be a great day.  Weather looks good down here in NC so I can finish my outside Xmas lights.  Full day of football capped off by the Bills slapping around a bunch of frozen Fish.

Let’s go, Buffalo!

17 and 3, BABY!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

One great memory I have in this rivalry occurred in the early 70’s. The Bill’s linebacker Dave Washington stopped a run by Mercury Morris, literally picking him up and body slamming him to the turf. The crowd went insane.

I have visions of Milano doing this to Tua today. 
Boy, do I hate the Dolphins!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Happy Holidays, TBDer’s! 🌲 is up, lawns are decorated and wrapped  🎁s are beginning to fill up under the tree! Tis the Season! 

But ‘comfort and joy’ wouldn’t exist without comparable contrast. Enter the aqua Grinch looking to steal our Christmas. Having already crapped on our Autumn, the Dolphins are in town with dreams of a sweep dancing in their heads. Heavenly Hosts may sing Hallelujah, but the heavens over WNY are opening up tonight with a Whiteout Welcome for the creepy Grinch! Indeed, the Dolphins are creepy. Their owner is a creep, their HC is creepy looking and many of their players are dirty creeps. Even their QB’s name is creepy! They aren’t just looking to steal a game, they want our Division title -and they believe they’re up to it. Their coach is challenging Old Man Winter to bring his nastiest stuff and the QB claims the all-time maximum 7 inches of 1 year total snowfall in ‘Bama has him well prepared to heat up the brisk evening weather. 

But here’s where their travel plans go awry. They don’t and can’t run the ball. Their offense is deep-pass based and they’re well below the League average in total Defense. Their Special Teams are anything but and they simply don’t have any experience playing in cold, windy, Winter night weather. If they try to float deep passes over our LBs, it’ll be a ‘Tua Turnaballova’ Xmas Festival! They’re playing against the ONLY team in the NFL who have rushed for over 💯 yards every single game this season and across the line of scrimmage, they’ll see their ‘Daddy’ calling signals from his Naughty List  -and 🎅🏼 wants revenge! Expect late hits and dirty play from the slimey fish. Right in line with their entire organization, It’s their calling card. Personally, I wouldn’t touch them with a 39 and a half foot pole!

Attaining our 11th win tonight won’t secure the Division, but it’ll punch our post-season 🎟. The AFCE Title and 1st Round Bye are gifts currently wrapped and under the tree -with tags that reads ‘Do Not Open til Christmas’.

GO BILLS!   🎅🏼 
🏈 🌲  🏆 

🖕

Bryyyyan bryyyyan bryyyyan 

• Haha (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic

Happy Game Day, TBD! . . . . Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow. ... A lot of TV to watch today: Soccer for breakfast, a few matinee football games, lot's of college basketball, some meaningless Bowl games for diehard fans, and then the featured game of the week. .... It will be in "Made for TV Snow" falling--like a scene from a Hallmark Christmas movie; a rivalry game with revenge on our minds (if only Bryan Cox would come out and be the "Legend of the Game" ...  nothing would get the crowd more fire-up than that ... that would be epic!); big play-off implications, the #1 seed in play, the NFL Network is in town; yeah, it's gonna be a fun one. So, have a great day, and a better night celebrating an old fashion snowball fight beat-down of the Phish!!!!

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.