Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, IBTG81 said:

So, I’m driving in from NJ Sat morning and staying overnight. 
Normally, it’s takes about 7 hours (have to stop for gas). 
Driving into the area from the south, should I plan on hitting awful weather? I was going to leave around 9, get into the area around 4. 

The snow is supposed to be focused more on the Buffalo Metro area during the day and then slowly drift south into the Southtowns during the late afternoon/evening hours...you will be right on the edge of that being an issue but as always with these things there is no set way to know before Saturday gets here and we see what happens with the wind directions.

45 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Miami weather is crap during September and they should be mandated to have an air conditioned dome before they are allowed to play games there.

Just build a dome that has a cut out above the visiting teams benches.

Problem solved.

Then we can say, it was part of the design and not to gain a competitive edge.

Edited by The Wiz

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Both top 10 QBs. When both are good you look at team success. End of discussion. Herbert has a ways to go.

Top 5 and rank them in any order you want but they are Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Hurts. IMHO.

Edited by Greg S

21 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

For snow? When? The Vikings roof was a borderline tarp. When was the last time a game got moved for SNOW and it wasn’t the Bills?

you okay man? you seem to have a real problem with the bills and snow. you are from wny, no? until domes came they played in the elements, never complained or cried dome, just played. you recall the ice bowl? so it snows in buffalo, take or leave it until you get your cushy dome.

you complain a lot.

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you okay man? you seem to have a real problem with the bills and snow. you are from wny, no? until domes came they played in the elements, never complained or cried dome, just played. you recall the ice bowl? so it snows in buffalo, take or leave it until you get your cushy dome.

you complain a lot.

Dafuk? I just don’t want to see us have another home game moved. We already only had 8 and lost 1. If you are moving 1/4 of your home games in a season due to snow then I think the idea of the new stadium being open air needs to be reexamined. How is that complaining a lot? All I’m saying is i don’t want to see another home game moved. It’s a disadvantage to us

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The snow is supposed to be focused more on the Buffalo Metro area during the day and then slowly drift south into the Southtowns during the late afternoon/evening hours...you will be right on the edge of that being an issue but as always with these things there is no set way to know before Saturday gets here and we see what happens with the wind directions.

Forecasting the exact placement of a LE snow band days in advance is why the general public loses confidence in meteorologists ability to accurately forecast.  Stating that there’s a good probability for a LE event based on 925mb-850mb wind flow and the size of the fetch across Lake Eerie is one thing.  Attempting to claim that any numerical model or you as a forecaster massaging that model have any clue as to where that LE band will sit / meander for a given period of time and to the point they’re willing to assign accumulation ranges for point locations is beyond insane.  I would equally place as much confidence into the Farmers Almanac this far out.  There’s a reason why LE snowfall band placement and snowfall accumulation is one of the hardest phenomenon to predict, a subtle 1 degree change in wind direction can determine if you get 3 feet or 1 inch of snow.  I’m not trying to shoot the messenger, but this appears as a desperate attempt by the BUF NWS office to maintain relevancy.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Dafuk? I just don’t want to see us have another home game moved. We already only had 8 and lost 1. If you are moving 1/4 of your home games in a season due to snow then I think the idea of the new stadium being open air needs to be reexamined. How is that complaining a lot? All I’m saying is i don’t want to see another home game moved. It’s a disadvantage to us

who said the game was moving? I see many crying about snow and questioning if it will be moved back to sun or to detroit or where ever. little snow isn't going to move this game. as for the last move,you know what the conditions were and even if they had a dome, the game would of still been MOVED.

I would bet my bottom dollar that after the dome is built and another storm like the last one comes around, as it will, they'll high tail it to detroit.

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Stephen Ruiz has always hated Allen, this is nothing new. 

Haha yea isnt he the Herbert homer that writes for the ringer.  He put Herbert above josh pre season this year so he’s full of it.

Josh has outperformed Herbert this year with a similarly messy offensive line and an injured elbow. Idk how you can compare performances between josh outside in bad weather against the jets defense and Herbert against the dolphins in LA.  

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

DolphinsFall.gif

I can't remember exactly when, and a quick google search was not my friend, but deep in the old memory banks I seem to remember a team coming to Buffalo expecting snow but they didn't have the right shoes...brought the long spikes for grass instead of turf.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Forecasting the exact placement of a LE snow band days in advance is why the general public loses confidence in meteorologists ability to accurately forecast.  Stating that there’s a good probability for a LE event based on 925mb-850mb wind flow and the size of the fetch across Lake Eerie is one thing.  Attempting to claim that any numerical model or you as a forecaster massaging that model have any clue as to where that LE band will sit / meander for a given period of time and to the point they’re willing to assign accumulation ranges for point locations is beyond insane.  I would equally place as much confidence into the Farmers Almanac this far out.  There’s a reason why LE snowfall band placement and snowfall accumulation is one of the hardest phenomenon to predict, a subtle 1 degree change in wind direction can determine if you get 3 feet or 1 inch of snow.  I’m not trying to shoot the messenger, but this appears as a desperate attempt by the BUF NWS office to maintain relevancy.  

That was directly from the forecaster's discussion from NWS Buffalo at the time I posted...take it up with them if you have issues with it. I just paraphrased what they said in it.

To be fair, they stated in there quite emphatically that this was just what the early models showed, that it was still too early to predict with high levels of certainty where the heaviest snow would fall and that subtle wind shifts can result in massive differences.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Even if the Bills played in a dome the Browns game would have still been moved.  Imagine that, spending an extra $800M of taxpayers dollars on a dome and they still move the f###ing game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

Even if the Bills played in a dome the Browns game would have still been moved.  Imagine that, spending an extra $800M of taxpayers dollars on a dome and they still move the f###ing game.

People seem to have trouble realizing this lol I don’t believe it even snowed at game time in buffalo for the browns bills game…a dome wouldn’t have changed anything 

A football game was just a silly use of emergency resources given the situation 

3 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

Thank you!

I really don't get why this is so hard for some people to understand. 

The Browns game was not moved because of snow on the field and not having a dome. It was moved because the entire neighborhood around the stadium was buried under 5 feet of snow, roads were impassable, and there was an active travel ban. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

who said the game was moving? I see many crying about snow and questioning if it will be moved back to sun or to detroit or where ever. little snow isn't going to move this game. as for the last move,you know what the conditions were and even if they had a dome, the game would of still been MOVED.

I would bet my bottom dollar that after the dome is built and another storm like the last one comes around, as it will, they'll high tail it to detroit.

The only reason I even said anything was because I thought I saw someone saying the game could be moved. If that’s not the case then yeah, all good. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure what bug is up McDermott's ass but put Elam on the field. His boy Dane gets beat like a drum, we need to see Poyer and Tre bracketing Tyreek and Elam on Waddle. Let his natural talent and athleticism create a big play. I'd rather have the boom or bust guy who can cover 1 on 1 out there over the scheme fit guy who is consistently mediocre. He should've started all year because at this point, he'd be a part of the defense, he'd know the calls, he'd have the on field experience with Poyer and Milano and Edmunds. Could've had Tre back and the possibility of two shutdown corners. Instead McDermott has flip flopped all year and it hasn't worked. Teams continue to attack that side. 

13 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I would equally place as much confidence into the Farmers Almanac this far out…..  I’m not trying to shoot the messenger, but this appears as a desperate attempt by the BUF NWS office to maintain relevancy.  

When did you get fired by the BUF NWS?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Luka said:

I'm not sure what bug is up McDermott's ass but put Elam on the field. His boy Dane gets beat like a drum, we need to see Poyer and Tre bracketing Tyreek and Elam on Waddle. Let his natural talent and athleticism create a big play. I'd rather have the boom or bust guy who can cover 1 on 1 out there over the scheme fit guy who is consistently mediocre. He should've started all year because at this point, he'd be a part of the defense, he'd know the calls, he'd have the on field experience with Poyer and Milano and Edmunds. Could've had Tre back and the possibility of two shutdown corners. Instead McDermott has flip flopped all year and it hasn't worked. Teams continue to attack that side. 

I honestly don't think the issue with him is in coverage but what he is doing on running plays and when he's away from the ball.

I have nothing to back that up other than thinking about the comments he and Frazier made about him fitting into the system.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If they move another game then enough of the BS. Build a dome and if the location is a serious issue then there needs to be rethinking of plans. 

Give up the dome idea already.

So you want to rethink the plans?  In other words, lets wait till any anti-public funding of the stadium will evolve and we will end up with nothing or a stadium in 30 years.

23 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The Bills were forced to relocate 2 games in their history (2014 and 2022) due to snow. Two historic storms just happened to come in a relatively short window of 8 years. It's a pretty huge leap to then assume an average of 2 games a season could be expected to be moved just because we can't afford a dome. 

1 minute ago, rusty shackleford said:

The Bills were forced to relocate 2 games in their history (2014 and 2022) due to snow. Two historic storms just happened to come in a relatively short window of 8 years. It's a pretty huge leap to then assume an average of 2 games a season could be expected to be moved just because we can't afford a dome. 

It didn't just happen randomly, it happened in large part because the Lake Temps were extremely warm for that time of year, which we can expect to see more and more of...which means this likely will become a semi-regular occurrence instead of a once in a 1000 year occurrence.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

When did you get fired by the BUF NWS?

For the education and professional experience level it takes to work for the NWS, the employees get paid peanuts.  Maybe when I’m 60 and already sitting on another pension I’ll consider working for the NWS.  Otherwise they can keep their $80K per year GS-12 job that requires a Graduate or Doctorate level degree plus 4-6 years operational experience.  🤮 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

I honestly don't think the issue with him is in coverage but what he is doing on running plays and when he's away from the ball.

I have nothing to back that up other than thinking about the comments he and Frazier made about him fitting into the system.

His tackling was an issue in college but the more he played the more I saw his nose in there. Elam is a smart kid, I've watched him since he started for the Gators. They were a horribly coached defense and he was our stand out secondary player. I saw improvement from him every game this year. I'm not going to lie, I was shocked the first time I saw him make a tackle in the run game this year. You would've never seen that at Florida.

I think McDermott has been selling him short. It's cute to put Benford in there when you are facing a run heavy team and he may end up being a great nickel corner but on the outside is where Elam thrived in college and we are facing one of the best receiving duos in the league, as pained as I am to admit it. We also still have face the Bengals and Burrow and most likely the Cheifs again in the playoffs. 

Would've been nice to have spent this time getting your first round corner up to speed, all I'm saying. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.