Poll: Sean Payton as Bills HC

extrahammer

Poll: Sean Payton as Bills HC  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support the Bills replacing McD with Sean Payton as HC?

• F% YES!
    • F% NO!

• extrahammer changed the title to Poll: Sean Payton as Bills HC

No to Payton but if Bill were to step down as HC of the Pats, I would throw a boatload of money at him to come Buffalo if I were TP. We all know what Bill can do with a franchise QB. This is all meaningless anyway. McDermott and Beane for that matter aren't going anywhere. Even if this season ends up being a disappointment, they will be given another season to fix it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 5
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No. He had 3 straight 7-9 seasons with Brees as his QB too. The overreactions on this board are comical.

Not only that. Brees was throwing for 5,000 yards in those seasons. He had elite QB play and was still having losing seasons. Way worse than anything McDermott has done.

He had one of the best QB's in NFL history and continually choked in the playoffs. He won one ring.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Greg S said:

No to Payton but if Bill were to step down as HC of the Pats, I would throw a boatload of money at him to come Buffalo if I were TP. We all know what Bill can do with a franchise QB. This is all meaningless anyway. McDermott and Beane for that matter aren't going anywhere. Even if this season ends up being a disappointment, they will be given another season to fix it.

How many years of Josh Allens career are you willing to waste before moving on? I'm serious.  How many years? 

This is already year 5, 4 of which productive,  3 superstar prime years. 

So are you okay wasting 4 prime years? 5? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

No.  You stay the course for the season.  

Stability is the better option.   Forcing McD out just might piss off Beane too.   I don't trust Pegula to strike gold twice.  

That said, I am questioning the work of Dorsey right now as I see Allen's game management and decision-making regressing and I see no run game.  Both of these things are on Dorsey, not McD.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

How many years of Josh Allens career are you willing to waste before moving on? I'm serious.  How many years? 

I don't want them to waste any, but McDermott isn't getting fired most likely. Only Terry can answer that. It's not just McDermott as Beane also needs to share the blame. We are one of the worst teams in short yardage situations. We rely on Josh to do too much because we don't have a great run game. Beane has been the GM for 5 years now and the OL is still a problem.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

“waste” lol you guys make it sounds like we’re headed for back to back 4-13 seasona

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

The goal is to win the Super Bowl, most fans aren't interested in playoff participation trophies, but if you are good for you. 

So let’s obliterate all that progress for a gamble on a guy that hasn’t been in the league for years and wasn’t very good before that. 

Was it McD who threw two terrible INTs, or fumbled on the 1 yard line?  Was it McD who fumbled the ball or was it Singletary? 

I remember reading a story once where I think it was Catfish Hunter was in a batting slump, and Yogi came into the film room and saw him looking at tape.  Yogi says to him “what are you doing”. Well, I’m looking at myself striking out and trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong.  Yogi says, catfish, look at the tape when you were hitting doubles not where you whiff.  Focus on what you did right, not what you have done wrong.”

Josh needs to look at the tape of the Rams, Titans, Chiefs games where he took what the defense gave him.  Stop playing hero ball.  McD is not the problem, Josh is his own nightmare lately.  He can turn it around.  He can.  Just play within himself.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Was it McD who threw two terrible INTs, or fumbled on the 1 yard line?  Was it McD who fumbled the ball or was it Singletary? 

I remember reading a story once where I think it was Catfish Hunter was in a batting slump, and Yogi came into the film room and saw him looking at tape.  Yogi says to him “what are you doing”. Well, I’m looking at myself striking out and trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong.  Yogi says, catfish, look at the tape when you were hitting doubles not where you whiff.  Focus on what you did right, not what you have done wrong.”

Josh needs to look at the tape of the Rams, Titans, Chiefs games where he took what the defense gave him.  Stop playing hero ball.  McD is not the problem, Josh is his own nightmare lately.  He can turn it around.  He can.  Just play within himself.

The first INT was when McD chose to go for it on 4th down with an injured QB instead of kicking the FG to go up 30-17 with 10 minutes left.  Allen forced it because it would have been a turnover on downs anyway.  Throwing the ball away isn't really a good option. 

The 2nd INT was Gabe Davis not reading the saftey and running the wrong route. Double post and the saftey picked the top route, Davis was supposed to settle under and didn't. Bad execution from Gabe continues, 5 INT thrown in his direction not executing his routes correctly. Just like the Jets game when he ran the wrong way and Sauce got a free pick. 

QB sneak was one of the dumbest calls I've ever seen.  And we ran Gabe in motion to push, which essentially tipped off the d line for when the snap was coming. So stupid. 

Coaching decision making is putrid on game day.

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Does everyone so quickly forget that the Saints are the absolute kings of postseason disappointment?  Honestly, in the last 15 years, I can' think of a team that was more hyped to win it all, finish with a top 3 record, and only made the Super Bowl one time.  What upgrade do you think we are getting with him?

This board kills me after a loss

image.thumb.png.55c72bb702a0a4d5e222d3a73fd17355.png

Edited by Virgil
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not opposed to a coaching change but what exactly did Sean Payton do except waste one of the most talented rosters in NFL history featuring a top 5 all-time QB? If the answer is "win one Super Bowl and never appear in another", then Brian Billick did that too, so  maybe we should add him to the poll

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't think Payton - but I think we do potentially need a better coach.

I don't think McD is terrible.  But he's undeniably average.  He gameplans well, but the adjustments and situational awareness is woeful.

It would be a shame to waste having a generational talent at QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

The first INT was when McD chose to go for it on 4th down with an injured QB instead of kicking the FG to go up 30-17 with 10 minutes left.  Allen forced it because it would have been a turnover on downs anyway.  Throwing the ball away isn't really a good option. 

The 2nd INT was Gabe Davis not reading the saftey and running the wrong route. Double post and the saftey picked the top route, Davis was supposed to settle under and didn't. Bad execution from Gabe continues, 5 INT thrown in his direction not executing his routes correctly. Just like the Jets game when he ran the wrong way and Sauce got a free pick. 

QB sneak was one of the dumbest calls I've ever seen.  And we ran Gabe in motion to push, which essentially tipped off the d line for when the snap was coming. So stupid. 

Coaching decision making is putrid on game day.

If our franchise QB stops turning the ball over in the RZ we are 8-1 and everyone is happy with McD.

JA17 is my all time favorite NFL player ever at this phase. Lets face the true reality here. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

If our franchise QB stops turning the ball over in the RZ we are 8-1 and everyone is happy with McD.

JA17 is my all time favorite NFL player ever at this phase. Lets face the true reality here. 

You don't get it do you. The INT in the Red Zone was on a 4th down. He throws it away or takes the sack its still a turnover lol. 

Edited by ArtVandalay

19 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

You don't get it do you. The INT in the Red Zone was on a 4th down. He throws it away or takes the sack its still a turnover lol. 

Talk away about the 4 INTs versus the Jets and Packers now? 

You can try to tell yourself and everyone on the board that that INT on 4th and goal was acceptable but it's not. I'd much rather actually see a throw away if nothing is there to lock Minny @ the 5 yard line.  Allen is a huge reason for back to back losses but people can't admit it and rather attack the coaching staff. 

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

No.  You stay the course for the season.  

Stability is the better option.   Forcing McD out just might piss off Beane too.   I don't trust Pegula to strike gold twice.  

That said, I am questioning the work of Dorsey right now as I see Allen's game management and decision-making regressing and I see no run game.  Both of these things are on Dorsey, not McD.  

Don’t you think it’s McDermott job to rein Dorsey in?? Didn’t he do this to Daboll last season?

3 hours ago, Roundybout said:

“waste” lol you guys make it sounds like we’re headed for back to back 4-13 seasona

No, what we're doing is spinning our wheels with an upside of a freak AFCCG appearance.

This was the year the final step was to be taken, and it ain't happening.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.