From the Colts board:

" what are we getting in return?"

- " i think josh allen"

"We needed Moss like we needed a case of crotch rot. Get real."

"We got Moss'ed"

"Ballard:  6th rounder?  That's another franchise QB!!"

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 2

whoa. 41 page thread. I won't read it all so perdon if my thoughts are already mentioned.

He has special teams skills and looks in pads fast on those runbacks. I like that!

Bills mafia will certainly love him if he produces TD's.  "Duncan Hines"  be dunkin' on our competition 🙂

Welcome to Buffalo! 

Zack Moss best of luck in Indy. Not rooting against him in any case.

• Like (+1) 4

I think some people are over complicating this.

The question is - Do we have a better team than we did before the trade?

Yes.

We now have a better punt returner.  A RB that is more useful and productive than Moss.   A more explosive and speedy RB room.  A player that allows more scheme versatility.  More weapons for Josh to throw to.

Basically all for a 6th rounder.  Yes his next years cap is high but the Bills don’t have to pick it back up and since we are clearly in the Super Bowl hunt this year, it’s a reasonable trade off.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well, now you have what you wanted from Cook so that helps. Move cook to practice squad and bring over Duke Johnson for short yardage and clock eating. Need a change up still besides qb. Three backs cut from the same mold. At least nothing lost if they sub Hines in and out for Simgletary.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

Well, now you have what you wanted from Cook so that helps. Move cook to practice squad and bring over Duke Johnson for short yardage and clock eating. Need a change up still besides qb. Three backs cut from the same mold. At least nothing lost if they sub Hines in and out for Simgletary.

Move Cook to the practice squad? And how long do you think before a team would poach him off that, Governor?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

Duke Johnson in his prime with Cleveland was also at his best as a pass catching back rather than some short yardage thumper. And in any event, no way you are getting Cook through to the practice squad. In order to do that you have to cut him first and subject him to waivers. He would get claimed. Singletary, Hines and Cook is fine. 

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Move Cook to the practice squad? And how long do you think before a team would poach him off that, Governor?

Wouldn't even make it that far. You have to cut him before you can re-sign him for the PS. He would not clear waivers. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Duke Johnson in his prime with Cleveland was also at his best as a pass catching back rather than some short yardage thumper. And in any event, no way you are getting Cook through to the practice squad. In order to do that you have to cut him first and subject him to waivers. He would get claimed. Singletary, Hines and Cook is fine. 

Wouldn't even make it that far. You have to cut him before you can re-sign him for the PS. He would not clear waivers. 

Good points. Yeah as you say fine. Better than counting on Cook.. Breece Hall gets snagged first by Jets then Wilson who woulda filled the Bill goes to Miami. I hope they have enough.  Run Josh run. Superman another year or so.

Edited by gridirongold
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

How do people post this kind of stuff with a straight face? Nonsensical 

6 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

Good points. Yeah as you say fine. Better than counting on Cook.. Breece Hall gets snagged first by Jets then Wilson who woulda filled the Bill goes to Miami. I hope they have enough.  Run Josh run. Superman another year or so.

Fans are so pathetic with this nonsense.

Edited by Big Turk

21 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

Can’t tell if you’re serious 

Edited by NewEra

12 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Well apparently Chiefs also do, otherwise Hill would be still on the team.

Also, if the cap is not "real", why exactly wasn't Poyer extended already?

I do know that cap can be manipulated to a certain extent but it is still more than real in terms of limiting teams to do whatever they want.

Ok I will play. Chiefs. Cap is “real” so they paid how many WRs this year in Cap hits to replace the cap hit of Hill?  

and a single move cleared their cap up. When you have your QB and all that space in the Bank of your QB (just cash it) during Allen’s window Cap will not hurt them. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The constant benching of TJ Yeldon is about the only thing they have got right at running back. He really sucked. 

That is a wild over reaction. We were struggling in the run game and Singeltary was really struggling in pass pro early in his career. He would come in in spot duty and be "proficient" then we wouldn't see him ever again. 

I am not claiming he was a super star, or even great. But people aren't still making TJ Yeldon jokes about the RB position years later because a terrible football player didn't dress. 

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

I wish they'd get serious about a little preservation of Josh Allen. Powerful move the pile runners are a dime a dozen in the nfl and we got a short stack lightweight nickles worth

Thanks for showing us now little you know 👍🏻 

12 minutes ago, TheJauronClap said:

Hines is a great pass catching back, also can split out wide and a returner to trade a 6th and Zack moss seems like a great deal 

24 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

How do people post this kind of stuff with a straight face? Nonsensical 

Fans are so pathetic with this nonsense.

Really? What do you know? I know the punter doesn't see the field much because of the quarterback. I know the quarterback is the leading rusher, and the short yardage back.  Where are they without him. Easily the leauges mvp. 

14 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Serious question. I like the move of adding Hines (gave up nothing and actually got them to take Moss from us) and think he is a receiving threat and has home run capability. So why did the Colts let him go for nothing?

expensive and they are going nowhere 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Serious question. I like the move of adding Hines (gave up nothing and actually got them to take Moss from us) and think he is a receiving threat and has home run capability. So why did the Colts let him go for nothing?

I believe they made the move with an eye towards the salary cap for next season.

They had just resigned Hines to a pretty sizable contract for a back up RB with the intent to get him more involved. Reports were he had even spent a lot of time with the WR group in camp as well. Since then they have seen Deon Jackson step up and play well in the game Taylor missed at RB. Michael Pittman came back healthy and looks like a pretty legit #1 WR and Alec Pierce has been one heck of a weapon for them. It's a chance for them to get younger and cheaper at the skill positions in what may well amount to a lost season. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Because they don't think he's as good as you describe him. 

16 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Apparently when Schefter broke the news live on ESPN, he reported that Hines requested a trade. This is per several Colts fans on Twitter. He wasn't happy with his usage there.

• Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.