Bills trade for Nyheim Hines

BLeonard

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Reading through the thread, do the people who are negative about this trade realize we literally just gave up a 6th round pick? If we draft a player in the 6th round and cut him after training camp no one bats an eye. Even if Hines is somehow a complete bust for us we don't lose anything worthwhile, we just cut him after the season for $0 dead cap. We might as well have gotten Hines for free. Hell I'll trade the 6th round pick just for the privilege of knowing I will NEVER again watch Zack Moss singlehandedly kill one of our drives.

Is it zero dead? You sure about that?

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Reading through the thread, do the people who are negative about this trade realize we literally just gave up a 6th round pick? If we draft a player in the 6th round and cut him after training camp no one bats an eye. Even if Hines is somehow a complete bust for us we don't lose anything worthwhile, we just cut him after the season for $0 dead cap. We might as well have gotten Hines for free. Hell I'll trade the 6th round pick just for the privilege of knowing I will NEVER again watch Zack Moss singlehandedly kill one of our drives.

I love the trade but I’ll try to speak on the other sides behalf…I think they wanted a bigger name rb or a receiver instead lol

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I love the trade but I’ll try to speak on the other sides behalf…I think they wanted a bigger name rb or a receiver instead lol

I still very much want OBJ. We can end up adding him and Hines for nothing more than a conditional 6th round pick and a small amount of cap space. You couldn't draw it up any better than that. That's how a team goes all in for the short term without sacrificing the long term.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Geez, the guy fumbled 1 time, in his first game, now it's "fumbles".  You guys are a tough crowd.

I know a guy in South Buffalo they call 'Mad Dog', in his late 60s now. Last time I was visiting we were talking in a bar. Some guys walk in "hey, Mad Dog". He looks at me and shakes his head, "you bite one kid when your 8 years old and you're 'Mad Dog' the rest of your life.😂

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

“We” gave up Moss and a 6th round pick that can become a 5th round pick after just investing a 2nd round pick in what was supposed to be a similar player. Some of the negativity stems from what this trade says about Cook and getting such low impact from a second round pick. 

And then an even worse pick in Bernard but that’s a separate conversation…

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Airseven said:

“We” gave up Moss and a 6th round pick that can become a 5th round pick after just investing a 2nd round pick in what was supposed to be a similar player. Some of the negativity stems from what this trade says about Cook and getting such low impact from a second round pick. 

Player evaluation is a fluid situation try not to be so worked up about where we drafted players once they’re drafted it means nothing

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

We're also at a different level of talent on this team right now.  It will be less likely that late rounders are able to make this team in the next couple of years. 

This was just a great trade.  I have loved reading the comments from Colts fans online about him (they're mostly pulling for the Bills, too).  It sounds like we got a guy who is great on the field but also a positive presence overall.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Player evaluation is a fluid situation try not to be so worked up about where we drafted players once they’re drafted it means nothing

Some people will always search for the negative spin.  

42 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Some of the negativity stems from what this trade says about Cook and getting such low impact from a second round pick. 

No, that's not negativity about the trade. That's negativity about the 2nd round selection of James Cook. Two totally different conversations but I understand where you got confused.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Agree. I think they looked into Kamara, Hunt, and Jacobs too. Just didn't work out for various reasons. Personally, I never expected a big name guy to land here for this free agency. The 2 pick ups were exactly Beane like pick ups. Improved the arguably best team in football at a modest price. I'm more than ok with that. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree. I think they looked into Kamara, Hunt, and Jacobs too. Just didn't work out for various reasons. Personally, I never expected a big name guy to land here for this free agency. The 2 pick ups were exactly Beane like pick ups. Improved the arguably best team in football at a modest price. I'm more than ok with that. 

People should be your mark players that were traded today that had big names and big contracts on them and see how well they work out down the road for their teams I’ll bet you half of those players are not with their same teams whenever they go back to look at it again

The offensive player that we took today has zero dead cap It if he doesn’t work out Feels an absolute need on this team a couple of needs actually the bills were trying so hard to get McKissick before the season started Hines is better than McKissic

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I don't get it, the biggest areas of need are IOL and S, and they go out and get a 3rd down back despite having used a 2nd round pick in April on a 3rd down back.  

Color me confused.

Did you see anyone give up a starting level guard today? If so please name them. Richie was at the Sabres game Friday, so he is always available in a pinch as long as they don’t roid test him. LOL 

4 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Did you see anyone give up a starting level guard today? If so please name them. Richie was at the Sabres game Friday, so he is always available in a pinch as long as they don’t roid test him. LOL 

I was told that we don’t know what went down behind the scenes.  That there may have been some good IOL available 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Let’s see how he plays if Hines plays well they can always restructure it

Exactly.  6th rd pick for an optional 1 year rental or we could keep him for 1 year.  Or 2 years.  Nothing gtd. It’s a great sitch.  Very good trade 

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Exactly.  6th rd pick for an optional 1 year rental or we could keep him for 1 year.  Or 2 years.  Nothing gtd. It’s a great sitch.  Very good trade 

It also gives us insurance and leverage so we don’t have to sign Motor depending on what his price tag is. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Man who hates everything chimes in on his hatred for the Hines trade, what a shocker. Yawn * 1000

You can break out graphs and charts and endless amounts of proof about how Cook and Hines are not the same player, but folks like this aren't ever going to listen.

• Agree 5

23 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Yeah that was my look out for a position to was on the line but going back and taking a look at the trades today there were no transactions for lineman it looks like nobody wanted to part with anybody decent

6 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Man who hates everything chimes in on his hatred for the Hines trade, what a shocker. Yawn * 1000

You can break out graphs and charts and endless amounts of proof about how Cook and Hines are not the same player, but folks like this aren't ever going to listen.

Well, he only hates everything the Bills do.  If another team makes this move, they’re genius.

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

pick a new hobby troll. Or next account try to be a little more subtle.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

If we draft a player in the 6th round and cut him after training camp no one bats an eye.

Haha are you sure about this? 😂

I’ve seen people freaking out on here before because we’ve drafted “busts” like Luke Tenuta, Austin Proehl and Vosean Joseph… these were serious comments. 

By the way… 35/39 players Beane has drafted are on NFL rosters. That’s pretty damn good. Proehl (FA), Joseph (CFL), Fromm (Commanders PS) and Araiza (California Penitentiary) are the 4 who aren’t… 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Haha are you sure about this? 😂

I’ve seen people freaking out on here before because we’ve drafted “busts” like Luke Tenuta, Austin Proehl and Vosean Joseph… these were serious comments. 

By the way… 35/39 players Beane has drafted are on NFL rosters. That’s pretty damn good. Proehl (FA), Joseph (CFL), Fromm (Commanders PS) and Araiza (California Penitentiary) are the 4 who aren’t… 

I was going to say lol

I love all bills fans but yes there would be some that would lose their ***** if we ended up cutting a drafted player even a sixth or seventh round pick

But realistically in this case this is a win-win because normally your end of the draft players are going on your practice squad unless they’re special like Binford

Hines is a very interesting cat To me he looks like everything the bills were trying to find in McKissick And then drafted in the second round in Cook but it’s OK because this gives us more time to bring James along and there’s nothing wrong with having two speed backs on the team

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I was going to say lol

I love all bills fans but yes there would be some that would lose their ***** if we ended up cutting a drafted player even a sixth or seventh round pick

But realistically in this case this is a win-win because normally your end of the draft players are going on your practice squad unless they’re special like Binford

Hines is a very interesting cat To me he looks like everything the bills were trying to find in McKissick And then drafted in the second round in Cook but it’s OK because this gives us more time to bring James along and there’s nothing wrong with having two speed backs on the team

exactly. 

Not all drafted players work out for the team that drafted them. Some are just bad pro players, bad personalities, or bad fits. No GM in the league, past or present, has hit 1.000 in the draft, not even close.

12 hours ago, Mango said:

We have such a good FO. So good. But the RB position just sort of feels like this past Miami game, just a wild comedy of errors. You can even throw in the constant benching of TJ Yeldon into the mix. 

Given the cost of Hines and our cap and contract expirations, I suspect ANOTHER top 100 pick spent on a RB. 

The constant benching of TJ Yeldon is about the only thing they have got right at running back. He really sucked. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The constant benching of TJ Yeldon is about the only thing they have got right at running back. He really sucked. 

I’d say moving Moss out of here is a close 2nd.  That dude just didn’t belong on a football field in this offense.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, eball said:

I’d say moving Moss out of here is a close 2nd.  That dude just didn’t belong on a football field in this offense.

Yea old leaden feet is barely an NFL runner. He does pass protect very well and isn't a bad receiver out of the backfield... good hands and has a nice feel for where to sit down against zone defense. But he isn't ever going to be dynamic with ball in hand. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.