(** Update for 8 games in OP) Mr. Ridiculous: Josh Allen since the start of the 2020 Season

dollars 2 donuts

I won't BS you to start (maybe later) by waxing poetic.  Let's get to the gritty.

Since kickoff 2020 (because generally as a species we are just kind of geeked up to judge things by decades), in 39 regular season games Josh Allen has gone 29-10, with 10,931 yards passing for 90 TDs, 1,441 yards rushing for 16 TDs and 1 reception for 1 TD.           

12,372 total yards.  Total TDs 107*.

During those games he averaged 280 or so yards passing, close to 37 rushing for a total of about a 317 yard average...for every.  single. one of those 39 games.  

The measuring stick, the bell weather for Josh and every other QB, Patrick Mahomes over the same time span has gone 30-8 (sat 1 game at the end  of 2020) has 11,315 yards passing for 92 TDs, with 802 rushing yards for 2 TDs. 

12,117 total yards.  Total TDs 94.

During those games his average is about 298 yards passing, 21 yards rushing for total average of 319 yards per game.

I will take nothing away from Pat.  Hell, go ahead and give him the 319 yard average for a 39th game and he leaps in front of Josh by just 64 yards.

...but he doesn't come close to catching up on that 13 TD deficit.  

The duo's playoff games vary by numbers.  However, do you want to love our guy even more than you already do (if that is even possible)?  In 5 games he has 1,454 passing yards (approx. 291 per game) with 14 TDs, 279 rushing yards (close to 56 yards per game) and 1 TD, for a playoff total average of 347 yards a game and 3 TDs in going 3-2.

His total TDs over that time swells to 122* in 44 games

I did say ridiculous at the start, right?

(* Thank you @947 for correcting me on my typos!)

EDIT:  

In the last 8 games, going back to the playoffs, Josh is 6-2, with 2,627 yards passing, with 26 TDs and 391 yards rushing with 2 more TDs.  His average is 328.375 passing, 48.875 rushing for a total of 377.25 average per game and 28 total TDs.

There are no...legitimate...counter arguments...to how good this guy is and where he ranks...anywhere...by anyone.  

You talking heads out there in sports (you know who you are) are officially fools to make such counterpoints.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3

No doubt we have someone very special in JA.  However, and somewhat cruelly the league will now judge him on whether he wins consistently in the playoffs and collects any Lombardi trophies.  All of the pieces, including JA himself, are in place. Time will tell if the Bills put a Super Bowl win and hopefully wins in the books.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

Allen is the single most dynamic player in the NFL right now.   I don't know how many of you are watching a lot of other games but if you put on RedZone it's painful to watch some of these other teams have to scheme around poor QB play. 

We're getting spoiled quickly (and I love it). 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Allen is the single most dynamic player in the NFL right now.   I don't know how many of you are watching a lot of other games but if you put on RedZone it's painful to watch some of these other teams have to scheme around poor QB play. 

Agreed.

You look around the league and realize just how much of a different category both Allen and Mahomes are in. The QB play in the NFL is very average. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

No doubt we have someone very special in JA.  However, and somewhat cruelly the league will now judge him on whether he wins consistently in the playoffs and collects any Lombardi trophies.  All of the pieces, including JA himself, are in place. Time will tell if the Bills put a Super Bowl win and hopefully wins in the books.

I have this weird sense of calm that he'll win multiple SBs for us, and that the first one will be within the next couple seasons.  He was the best player in last year's playoffs despite only playing two games.  The whole world could see that.  Somehow he's gone and made yet another leap in his game since then.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I kinda agree with Jeremy White this morning. Josh is so unbelievable at times that after he retires I’m done with the sport 

Careful. Might miss out on Josh Allen Jr.  Taking a crack at shattering his dad's Bills Records when he gets drafted by the team after winning the Heisman  Trophy.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

It's stunning to me when I watch other teams' highlights just how much stronger Allen's arm is. His ball makes most NFL starters look JV by comparison.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

45 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Watched enough terrible QB play every week for the first decades of my life! I will never be spoiled

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I kinda agree with Jeremy White this morning. Josh is so unbelievable at times that after he retires I’m done with the sport 

49 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

44 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Agreed.

You look around the league and realize just how much of a different category both Allen and Mahomes are in. The QB play in the NFL is very average. 

I can't, gentlemen...I can't picture myself in my early 60s a decade from now and watching or having great interest in Bills QB, #16, Jimmy Doyle from Wisconsin finishing the day 20-30 (because, modern NFL completion percentage numbers) for 145 yards, 1 td, 1 pick, and 12 yards rushing on 5 attempts as the Bills lose a close one and drop to 4-4, but we are still in it.

🙄

I love this team, but it will take too much out of me after this guy we have now.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/17/2022 at 10:22 AM, transient said:

It's stunning to me when I watch other teams' highlights just how much stronger Allen's arm is. His ball makes most NFL starters look JV by comparison.

I remember when he first started playing, cameramen were so far behind his throws, it was like you didn't even see the ball on the screen it traveled so fast, you saw it once the receiver caught it. Took like 2 or 3 games for cameramen to get used to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/17/2022 at 9:57 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

I've thought about that too. He's so good that watching football post-Josh will be boring, no matter who they have. 

Luckily, he's 26, we get the next 7-10 years or so to enjoy this. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/17/2022 at 8:22 AM, transient said:

Its funny how on other games it seems the QB's struggle to throw passes of 25 yards or more and Allen simply flicks it 40 yards downfield like its a 10 yard pass.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:55 AM, BuffaloBill said:

It's a shame time doesn't also judge Mahomes as a QB who has lost not one but two AFC Championship games on his home field.

• Like (+1) 1

• dollars 2 donuts changed the title to (** Update for 8 games) Mr. Ridiculous: Josh Allen since the start of the 2020 Season
  • dollars 2 donuts changed the title to (** Update for 8 games in OP) Mr. Ridiculous: Josh Allen since the start of the 2020 Season
On 10/17/2022 at 9:57 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

I’m 100% in agreement with this. I am not saying I want to stop watching when Josh is done, but it’s going to be tough to really believe in anything after we’re seeing such greatness. 

id imagine if we had any real conversation with a Pats fan they probably feel the same way now 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/18/2022 at 10:22 AM, Gene1973 said:

QB legacies are judged based on ring count. He has to get at least one, or he will never be seen as one of the greats.

Right. Because Jim Kelly, Dan Marino and Dan Fouts weren’t even 1st ballot HOFers. Neither was Johnny Unitas -who’s only Super Bowl TD was a fluke tipped pass and he quickly exited injured right after. WAIT! Yes they were. Ergo, your opinion is complete trash. Nothing to see here, folks.🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

They are viewed in a diffetwnt light than the HOF QB's with rings IMO.

Not sure how this is even debatable, of course we can all see Josh has the potential to be the greatest of all time if he keeps this pace and adds a ring and an MVP.

Without those 2 things he may end up surpassing Marino as the greatest to never win and that would still be a first ballot HOF career.

To me it’s not about Josh anymore, he’s proven to have maybe the greatest skills to ever play the position, it will be an organizational failure if 17 doesn’t win a ring and I’ll even say an organizational failure if he ends up with anything less than 2 rings.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/18/2022 at 10:22 AM, Gene1973 said:

QB legacies are judged based on ring count. He has to get at least one, or he will never be seen as one of the greats.

13 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Right. Because Jim Kelly, Dan Marino and Dan Fouts weren’t even 1st ballot HOFers. Neither was Johnny Unitas -who’s only Super Bowl TD was a fluke tipped pass and he quickly exited injured right after. WAIT! Yes they were. Ergo, your opinion is complete trash. Nothing to see here, folks.🤦‍♂️

47 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Obviously, you need a trip to Home Depot to change all your light bulbs. Can’t spew opinions about things you can’t see.

Opinions aren't meant to be right or wrong, but dammit Gene if you didn't just manage to have an incorrect opinion:lol:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Could not get any Division I scholarship offers until Wyoming graciously accepted him

This pic alone should make our GM the GM of the year for life

Recalling, during the 2017 season, the rookie GM Beane openly "hoping" for college prospect JA17 to have a "down" final year so his draft stock remained realistically acquire-able outside the impenetrable top-5 in a QB-rich draft class.

Problem is, I can't recall if Beane informally shared this prescient gem in-person at Tempo to a guest plus us non-media workers, or if this confessional intel was uttered above-board via interview. 

100% I remember him openly/"sarcastically" hoping that Allen kid/QB at Wyoming had a disappointing season so his draft value didn't elevate beyond their reach. Because I cannot find it online, and I have a clear memory of this humorous-but-honest quote being uttered between tables 2 and 5 as Beane was leaving, I'm forced to feel like i was privvy to his playful, but prescient admission: "Hope that Josh Allen kid at Wyoming has a bad senior season."

On 10/20/2022 at 3:40 AM, Richard Noggin said:

Recalling, during the 2017 season, the rookie GM Beane openly "hoping" for college prospect JA17 to have a "down" final year so his draft stock remained realistically acquire-able outside the impenetrable top-5 in a QB-rich draft class.

Problem is, I can't recall if Beane informally shared this prescient gem in-person at Tempo to a guest plus us non-media workers, or if this confessional intel was uttered above-board via interview. 

100% I remember him openly/"sarcastically" hoping that Allen kid/QB at Wyoming had a disappointing season so his draft value didn't elevate beyond their reach. Because I cannot find it online, and I have a clear memory of this humorous-but-honest quote being uttered between tables 2 and 5 as Beane was leaving, I'm forced to feel like i was privvy to his playful, but prescient admission: "Hope that Josh Allen kid at Wyoming has a bad senior season."

so it was Beane who released JA17s infamous HS tweets 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.