Was Tony Romo baked on the call today ?

Teddy KGB

He was off, which is odd, but that's fine.  They probably needed to talk about something about the Steelers, and sometimes you open your mouth, hoping that you make that critical catch of a piece of popcorn, only to realize that it's an edible of some sort.

Edited by TheCockSportif
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

What a Chatty Cathy, this man didn’t stop talking the whole time. 

Lmao when he talked about not keeping Reggie Ragland (after Beane got rid of Marcel and Sammy Watkins) 

I can’t believe how badly they blew the commentary on that Steelers receiver who got a foot and a hand in bounds and was ruled out. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Lmao when he talked about not keeping Reggie Ragland (after Beane got rid of Marcel and Sammy Watkins) 

It seemed to me from the start Romo had a strong feeling that the game was going to be one-sided - which is usually on brand for him.  He makes jokes in these games, when the outcome is decided but there’s still a long portion to go.  

After the Morris fumble he joked “well, these are how big comebacks start… 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

Games become tough to call in an interesting way that keeps fans engaged when they’re as one-sided as today’s contest was.

There are only so many talking points in the “things to talk about during a blowout” bag of tricks.

That said, I do agree that today was not Romo’s best day.

Also, for all the crap we give Collinsworth, it was Romo who won the “how many times can I mention Mahomes during a non-Chiefs game” contest.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JMM said:

Wait until next week when he makes love to Mahomes for 3+ hours.....

Today Romo compared Josh Allen to Michael Jordan and said he is one of those rare athletes that you just want to watch every time they play. Is that good enough for you? 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I dunno but my wife commented on how nasty it was when they showed him in the booth with his arms up and he had sweaty pits.

My wife said the same thing! I get home from the game and that is the first thing she said when I said did you see me on TV?!? She said nawp but I spme dude with sweaty armpits talking about the game.

Edited by aceman_16

What was he supposed to talk about? Blowouts are really hard on announcers. He covered a lot of material.. And how many announcers actually know the history of who is playing well, draft picks they hit on and how a rebuild was done? Maybe the guy in his ear is feeding him info but he generally seemed knowledgeable about how they built this team up. 
Half the announcers don’t even know most of the players names 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

Games become tough to call in an interesting way that keeps fans engaged when they’re as one-sided as today’s contest was.

There are only so many talking points in the “things to talk about during a blowout” bag of tricks.

That said, I do agree that today was not Romo’s best day.

Also, for all the crap we give Collinsworth, it was Romo who won the “how many times can I mention Mahomes during a non-Chiefs game” contest.

i like him.   Just seemed like he was amped up and was rambling a lot like me after a j or two 😂😂

22 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Baked?

What are we implying exactly... he was smoking a J before the games or hopped up on pills?

Just a joke, he was extra chatty today. 

I’d take him over 90% of the alternatives.  

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

What was he supposed to talk about? Blowouts are really hard on announcers. He covered a lot of material.. And how many announcers actually know the history of who is playing well, draft picks they hit on and how a rebuild was done? Maybe the guy in his ear is feeding him info but he generally seemed knowledgeable about how they built this team up. 
Half the announcers don’t even know most of the players names 

when he dropped the Reggie Ragland trade I was like Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

I forgot Reggie Ragland was a real person.

just another shooting star in the Whaley constellation.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Another example proving my theory about producers and analysts. Everyone loved Romo for a year and two, then per usual the producers got ahold of him. They then send in for alterations and need to refine him soon the refreshing part is gone- shame he was pretty decent when he started.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

What was Romo's comment about the Ragland trade? I did hear him talking about how Beane built the team, but my buddy's wife was telling a story at the same time, and I didn't hear it all apparently.

9 minutes ago, The Dean said:

What was Romo's comment about the Ragland trade? I did hear him talking about how Beane built the team, but my buddy's wife was telling a story at the same time, and I didn't hear it all apparently.

Nice little piece about Beane coming in and handling the tough task of getting rid of Dareus, Watkins, Ragland then packaging Cordy Glenn and picks to get Josh Allen 

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Nice little piece about Beane coming in and handling the tough task of getting rid of Dareus, Watkins, Ragland then packaging Cordy Glenn and picks to get Josh Allen 

I was actually shocked Romo knew all of that. 

im guessing he did a little research knowing the game may be a blowout 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Thanks I completely missed the Ragland reference in real time. But that makes it even more impressive to me.  Isn't that part of his job?

39 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Another example proving my theory about producers and analysts. Everyone loved Romo for a year and two, then per usual the producers got ahold of him. They then send in for alterations and need to refine him soon the refreshing part is gone- shame he was pretty decent when he started.

Not even just the producers..alot of voices in his ear im sure had an impact . Brent musberger kept telling him to stop the play prediction thing . And other broadcasters kept saying he kept interrupting nantz. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.