It's Miami Week...Squish The Fish!!!!!

eball

Seems like McDermott and Co are just going to wing it with depth on D tomorrow.  give everyone who needs a week off, the week off and Play some prevent defense.   They are betting on Josh having one of his usual games vs Miami which isn’t a bad thing. If they can get out of Miami with a W, the Bills can regroup and get guys back for Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm sure there's some other thread for this but Poyer's out.  Our offense is going to have to carry the day.

I find this fascinating. I’m both intrigued and terrified. We’ve never seen a McDermott defense play a meaningful game without 1 of Poyer and Hyde.

There’s been 1 meaningful game where Hyde missed and they beat NE. Marlow and Josh Thomas filled in.

New territory.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I don't get it. The team is so good that our starters haven't needed to play a lot of snaps relative to the rest of the league and still we are down half of our starting defense and possibly our #2 WR. It can't get any unluckier than that.

When it rains it pours. Baltimore took a solid beating to start the year last year as well. Feels like San Fran has this happen every year. But you can’t uncover diamonds in the rough without first clearing some playing time for them. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't get it. The team is so good that our starters haven't needed to play a lot of snaps relative to the rest of the league and still we are down half of our starting defense and possibly our #2 WR. It can't get any unluckier than that.

Its just unfortunate bad luck and part of the game.  Look at how many the Ravens lost last year before the season even began.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That’s what it is. Just unlucky. We gotta hope the backups don’t get injured or it’s a complete mess.

We’ve all known at some point the safety tandem would get younger and cheaper. JaQuan Johnson has been waiting years for a chance. Hamlin is very qualified to start in this league. 

I know it was preseason but Hamlin and Johnson showed chemistry starting together. HUGE opportunity. I repeat, huge opportunity. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

the throwback TD to Diggs against the Titans. I mean, on the latter, I figured that was a pick. The cameraman didn't even think it was possible to make that throw and by the time they panned down I saw nothing but white jerseys until 14 popped out of the mess with the ball.

The throw to Diggs just previous to that that got them down into the red zone should be illegal.

That was the definition of arm arrogance. :worthy:

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I know all seems brim with the secondary hurt.

But this is the type of game Josh puts the bills on his shoulders and finds a way to get a W.

Bills 31-28💪

Ephraim Sykes Nbc GIF by Hairspray Live!

15 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

I've watched them this year and they were a wagon for 1 quarter.  They sucked the first 7.  Not sure where this dominance idea is coming from.

I mean, I used to think Trent Edwards was going to be good.

• Haha (+1) 1

All the Bills need to do is be in the right position, pressure Tua and make tackles.  Dont give up the yards after the catch. Eventually mistakes will be made if they do that.  McD is really good at getting his D to keep the ball in front of them.  They just need to tackle.  Our offense scores points too.

10 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

Amen. Need to derail the Tua hype train and put this nonsense to rest.   

I'm not sure what I'm rooting for more here:

- A 42-6 win that exposes Tua as a limited QB that withers under pass rush.

- A 42-30 win that gives Dolphin fans false hope of false deliverance at the QB position, only to have their dreams crushed on their December Iditarod to Buffalo. Granted, it won't be late enough in the season where it'd be the likes of Antonio Williams and Dean Marlowe doing it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Tua is not good under pressure.  We still have that going for us...

TuAnon revelers, unite! When pressured in 2021, Tagovailoa completed 49 of 104 passes for 606 yards, 356 air yards, three touchdowns, eight interceptions, and a passer rating of 43.2. Less than ideal when your offensive line allows 253 pressures — per Pro Football Focus, the most allowed by any front five in the league.”

• Like (+1) 2

A little boozed and trying to find a silver lining on the injuries… two things

1. It’s better injuries happen earlier in the year. For Hyde’s replacement, it gives the Bills more time to determine if Johnson or Hamlin is the better fit with Poyer (when he is healthy).

2. Maybe a stretch but Hamlin and Johnson are faster than Poyer and Hyde. That’s probably the only trait in which they have an upper hand on the vets. Against a team with Waddle and Hill the faster guys might be the difference.

• Like (+1) 4

I was pretty bullish that Poyer would play this week. And I was pretty confident that Davis would go last week. 

Tuesday AM I took Buffalo to win and hammered the over. 

Based on my track record, I’m going to switch my bet to Miami -12.5

You’re welcome guys. 

8 minutes ago, 716er said:

A little boozed and trying to find a silver lining on the injuries… two things

1. It’s better injuries happen earlier in the year. For Hyde’s replacement, it gives the Bills more time to determine if Johnson or Hamlin is the better fit with Poyer (when he is healthy).

2. Maybe a stretch but Hamlin and Johnson are faster than Poyer and Hyde. That’s probably the only trait in which they have an upper hand on the vets. Against a team with Waddle and Hill the faster guys might be the difference.

Keep drinking because the Hyde news is very bad for the Bills. When one of your productive veteran leaders go down there's no replacing that. All the spin or booze won't help. 

47 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I know all seems brim with the secondary hurt.

But this is the type of game Josh puts the bills on his shoulders and finds a way to get a W.

Bills 31-28💪

I agree Allen will step it up. If the Bills rush is very good then they should win the game. 

45 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

It will shut them all up for a while.  They act like the Bills being down starters means they are only going to field 6 guys.

Well it is good news to them. I know is be happy if Hill and or Waddle were out. 

45 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’ve all known at some point the safety tandem would get younger and cheaper. JaQuan Johnson has been waiting years for a chance. Hamlin is very qualified to start in this league. 

I know it was preseason but Hamlin and Johnson showed chemistry starting together. HUGE opportunity. I repeat, huge opportunity. 

I get it but the Bills are in win now mode. Hyde and Poyer were the absolute best chance for the Bills to hoist the Lombardi Trophy. Their chances are still good but they decreased some. 

46 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So we’re looking at a back end of Hamlin-Johnson and Elam-Benford-Johnson. 

Somebody lock Taron Johnson in his hotel room right now. 

That's really crazy to see how young and inexperienced and thin we are in the back end. Hill and Waddle will feast if Tua can get them the ball. I have to think Coach McDaniel will have a solid game plan to exploit the Bills secondary. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

That's really crazy to see how young and inexperienced and thin we are in the back end. Hill and Waddle will feast if Tua can get them the ball. I have to think Coach McDaniel will have a solid game plan to exploit the Bills secondary. 

Im sure he will, but he’s got a mediocre-at-best OL with its best player gutting it out off an injury.  

I have yet to see a McDermott coached secondary struggle.  Maybe that ends tomorrow.  Or maybe the coaches and scheme are a bigger component than we realize. 

Hyde and Poyer weren’t “Hyde and Poyer” until they came to Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, 716er said:

I was thinking about this yesterday and the last time we saw cheetah, he was giving Poyer and Hyde the “peace out” sign running by them. So while we are not as good without them, i am hoping the new guys bring a little more speed too (knowing we are sacrificing experience and ability to pre-diagnose plays).

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Im sure he will, but he’s got a mediocre-at-best OL with its best player gutting it out off an injury.  

I have yet to see a McDermott coached secondary struggle.  Maybe that ends tomorrow.  Or maybe the coaches and scheme are a bigger component than we realize. 

Hyde and Poyer weren’t “Hyde and Poyer” until they came to Buffalo. 

We will see tomorrow. Just seems like a huge ask for the Bills secondary. I don't think a McDermott scheme can make up for the CB inexperience and the monsters they face in Hill and Waddle. The two big hopes for a Bills win is a relentless pass rush and Allen dominating the Dolphins defense. It's really the formula from the Bills going forward until Tre comes back and the rookies CBs gain experience. The path to the Super Bowl got a little more difficult as of today. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Eyeroll 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.