Bills' ticket prices soar as new season fast approaches

HOUSE

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've always figured that by the time the new stadium is built, I'd be priced out.

But it's becoming pretty clear that I'll be priced out way before the new stadium comes to fruition.

I paid $633 for three 300-level seats for the Week 5, second home game of the season, game vs. Pittsburgh.  That's pretty goddamn crazy.

I'm not mad about it.  We all knew it was coming.  But it does make me sad.

Yeah really my only hope of seeing the live is at the meadowlands. Hopefully the jets suck by that point and can pick some up cheap

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

My brother has season tickets in the club section and he just sold his home opener tickets for almost $1100 each! He went to both playoff games the last 2 years but has said this year he plans on selling any playoff game tickets so he’s REALLY hoping for a home AFC championship game 

I'd consider selling the first playoff game but  NO way would I miss the AFC championship game

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Yeah really my only hope of seeing the live is at the meadowlands. Hopefully the jets suck by that point and can pick some up cheap

Hope the Jets suck?  Brother, that's money in the bank!

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

This is what happens, when there is a Monopoly, in charge of ticket distribution.

'Artificial demand'.

The NFL giving ticketmaster a monolopy to control the market and the ability to charge unreasonable % to both buyer and seller in the resale market is driving up prices.   It's not a true supply & demand free market. 

• Agree 1

I can't wait to tell some jagoff in Boston that it's cheaper for me to drive to Gillette from Buffalo, buy 4 tickets, get a room, and watch the Bills beat the Pats here than it is to do it back in Buffalo...

I got tired of hearing it the other way around...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Well, paying $400 a ticket to watch a prime time game for this team doesn't sound like that bad of a deal.

Signed, 

Season ticket holder since before the drought started (and went to every game)....and couldn't give tickets away in November and December.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is ridiculous! I want my 6-10 Bills back led by Holcombe so I can attend. Where’s SaviorEdwards when you need him?

14 minutes ago, BigPerm said:

Well, paying $400 a ticket to watch a prime time game for this team doesn't sound like that bad of a deal.

Signed, 

Season ticket holder since before the drought started (and went to every game)....and couldn't give tickets away in November and December.

No event is worth $400 in real money.

Edited by Governor
  • Agree 1

Tickets rising is a byproduct of winning as many have said.  But what frosts my a$$ is the ridiculous pass through fees on the resale ticket markets.  And fees go up with the price of the ticket which is a double gotcha.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

As a season ticket holder who cant make all the games this is great.  Sold my Packers, Vikings and Titans ticket and have covered the cost of my seasons and made a $350 profit.  Essentially the other 5 games ill be going to for free.

what about the Patriots… oh wait they’ve moved on to other things now that their team kind of sucks ;)

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DJB said:

Are the tickets “On fire” like Flacco is? 🤔

There's a dramatic improvement in the ticket price, you need to have a thick wallet to afford them

20 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

Yeah try living near LA. I could essentially fly to Buffalo and go to a game there for less than what the Rams want for a nosebleed seat.

True, but it looks the demand is far greater in Buffalo on the secondary market. I checked out Rams tickets on stubhub, with the exception of the opener and a few teams with strong LA fanbases, you can get in the door cheaper than Buffalo on average this season. 

Edited by SirAndrew

8 hours ago, Dopey said:

Been a Bills fan since  1977 and made it to quite a few games til I move to Fl in '89. Love my Bills, but love my $ more. I'd rather hang w friends and family with the nice setup at home. Grilling, drinking and being able to pee in a place with no vomit or sticky pee on the floor. Beer is cheaper and our whole spread of food costs less than 2 beers and some food at the stadium. Game over? Don't have to deal with drunk fans leaving the stadium in a hurry, especially the ones behind the wheel. 

Almost the same story.

Moved to Atl in ‘86. Had been to many games before and since. Had seasons in ’92 & ‘93. Even following Super Bowl appearances, that was still affordable. 

I can afford to go to Buffalo and get tickets for my wife and myself, but for the cost of airfare, hotel, tickets, meals, it’s just not a great value at $1000-$1500 (or more) for one weekend. On top of that, there’s no guarantee it would be a good game and/or that it won’t be raining cats and dogs. 
Still, having seen OJ, Kemp, Namath, Unitas, Kelly, Thurman, Marino and so many other greats in person, would love to see Allen just once. 
It’s the same with concerts. I could see the Stones in ‘75 for the cost of 2 or 3 hours labor at my pizza job.  To see a top act or ball game today, it would take that same worker a week’s salary. 
Apparently, there are enough people with deep pockets or disposable income that are willing to spend a grand on a single event.  I’m not one of them. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I checked prices for 3 tickets to today's kids day game thinking they'd be cheap and have some good seats. Cheapest I could find were in the $50 range,  which seems crazy for a bills pre season game, but I think it's all awesome 

there were a lot of folks giving away tickets in the Bills Mafia facebook group (one of the few things that group is good for).

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

there were a lot of folks giving away tickets in the Bills Mafia facebook group (one of the few things that group is good for).

Ya, I'm sure had I dug a little deeper, I could've found them cheaper or free. Still crazy they were selling for that much for a pre season game though 

I feel bad for the woman in the article. It sounds like she has much more important issues than attending a game. With that being said, there were tickets available today at a heavy discount. Supply and demand is never going away and in sports, it’s just beginning. Dynamic pricing will determine what the market will bear. It’s still cheap to attend games in December. You can’t say, “I want to go to a high demand game, against a good opponent, in good weather but I don’t want to pay a lot.” 

There is a Simpsons episode where Agnes Skinner yells at the kid bagging her groceries, “I want them all in one bag!! And I don’t want that bag to be heavy!!” 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Almost the same story.

Moved to Atl in ‘86. Had been to many games before and since. Had seasons in ’92 & ‘93. Even following Super Bowl appearances, that was still affordable. 

I can afford to go to Buffalo and get tickets for my wife and myself, but for the cost of airfare, hotel, tickets, meals, it’s just not a great value at $1000-$1500 (or more) for one weekend. On top of that, there’s no guarantee it would be a good game and/or that it won’t be raining cats and dogs. 
Still, having seen OJ, Kemp, Namath, Unitas, Kelly, Thurman, Marino and so many other greats in person, would love to see Allen just once. 
It’s the same with concerts. I could see the Stones in ‘75 for the cost of 2 or 3 hours labor at my pizza job.  To see a top act or ball game today, it would take that same worker a week’s salary. 
Apparently, there are enough people with deep pockets or disposable income that are willing to spend a grand on a single event.  I’m not one of them. 

If You haven’t seen Allen play live, it’s worth it to find a game you can attend.   

i haven’t lived in WNY in decades either.  For me splurging to see this team a couple times / year (both home & away) is worth it. But the ticketmaster up charge still pisses me off 

This is the first year in a long time that I've essentially don't have any of my season tickets left that haven't been claimed/bought by family/friends before the season started.  Usually it's going into late November/early December, and I still have to find people that may want to see a game. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've always figured that by the time the new stadium is built, I'd be priced out.

But it's becoming pretty clear that I'll be priced out way before the new stadium comes to fruition.

I paid $633 for three 300-level seats for the Week 5, second home game of the season, game vs. Pittsburgh.  That's pretty goddamn crazy.

I'm not mad about it.  We all knew it was coming.  But it does make me sad.

dont worry Gungy...the spike is do the "die hards" who only go to games when the Bills are expected to win the super bowl, and its a novelty. Remember Bills did not sell out playoff games in the 90s, and that will happen again if we have another game like last year Pats playoff game..the novelty will wear off soon and year 7 of JA17 prices will be back to normal..hell they are normal now for games after the Packer game. Only 3 games before Halloween, all marque games...makking those 3 games crazy expensive.

15 hours ago, BigPerm said:

Signed, 

and you will not get face for them this year as well...december games be lucky to get 50% of face.

12 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

'Ticketmaster' prices, are not 'NFL' prices. It's a rigged market..

uhmm, Bills use dynamic pricing now. My ST is $135 per game in section 135. Single in my row for Titans and Steelers game directly from Bills is north of $325 right now.

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I feel bad for the woman in the article. It sounds like she has much more important issues than attending a game. With that being said, there were tickets available today at a heavy discount. Supply and demand is never going away and in sports, it’s just beginning. Dynamic pricing will determine what the market will bear. It’s still cheap to attend games in December. You can’t say, “I want to go to a high demand game, against a good opponent, in good weather but I don’t want to pay a lot.” 

There is a Simpsons episode where Agnes Skinner yells at the kid bagging her groceries, “I want them all in one bag!! And I don’t want that bag to be heavy!!” 

you nailed it right here. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 2

I'm pretty much glued to my computer on the day the schedule comes out.

We pick a game, get a group together, buy tickets and books hotels within 72 hours of the schedule coming out.

If you're very quick in the draw, you can get your rooms locked in in the half hour or so it takes for the hotels to change their prices. 

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I'm pretty much glued to my computer on the day the schedule comes out.

We pick a game, get a group together, buy tickets and books hotels within 72 hours of the schedule coming out.

If you're very quick in the draw, you can get your rooms locked in in the half hour or so it takes for the hotels to change their prices. 

I used to reserve a room for the first four to five weekends of the season, since I know which game I'm going to (which is usually their second home game) - then cancel the rooms that no longer apply after the schedule comes out.

The last couple years, I've gambled and just got the room as soon as the schedule came out and ended up saving money getting the non-refundable rate.

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

There is nothing wrong with making a profit -even a very good profit. The system is being gamed, for the benefit of a handful of people.

Bills used to sell blocks of tickets to Bills Backers groups and they no longer are doing that.  Buyers are paying more than cover. They are selling them to ticket/travel agencies which bundle them with other services as packages.  Have been approached by several such agencies since I am president of a Bills Backers group.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

I used to reserve a room for the first four to five weekends of the season, since I know which game I'm going to (which is usually their second home game) - then cancel the rooms that no longer apply after the schedule comes out.

The last couple years, I've gambled and just got the room as soon as the schedule came out and ended up saving money getting the non-refundable rate.

I have a buddy who books giant blocks of rooms for every week of the college season, in every SEC host city (outside of the big cities). He doesn’t bother for Baton Rouge, Nashville and one or two others. There are enough rooms in those cities. He then sells “the right to book those rooms” to visiting fans. He’s an Auburn grad. As an example he may have, 100 rooms booked in Auburn for Friday and Saturday of a home game. It’s a small place with limited hotel options.  He used to use Craigslist (not sure how he does it now) and charge $100 per room. He was making thousands of dollars a week. I don’t know if he’s still doing it but he did for years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.