Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

11 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I remember stuff like this last year, who the Bills ultimately passed on, but loads of rumors they tried to trade back in to take the RB but failed?

Its hard to tell. Rumors said they were all over Ettiene, there were some Harris rumors out there, but both went earlier. Then there is a rumor they wanted CB Eric Stokes in the first as well. It’s hard to say.

Obviously they pursued McKissic, and while Duke Johnson is very similar, and I like him a lot, the salary says a lot about expectations. I do think they want to upgrade the position, I just can’t fathom why they would do it in the first round. Big no no. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

Just here to confess my sins. I'm vehemently against a 1st rd RB about 360 days a year. Luxury pick at a frivolous position.

Then draft day starts to get close and it feels sexy.... its like payday Friday, and I know putting $$ in my 401k is the smart thing to do.

Yetttttttt its Friday, and drugs are sooooo much more fun right now LOL

I'm quietly in the buy drugs camp, 4 days out LOL thank God Beane runs the draft. Meanwhile I'm kinda hoping Beane goes RB, cause if he does it I'll feel justified. DONT DO DRUGS KIDS! (no matter what @teef tells you)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Just here to confess my sins. I'm vehemently against a 1st rd RB about 360 days a year. Luxury pick at a frivolous position.

Then draft day starts to get close and it feels sexy.... its like payday Friday, and I know putting $$ in my 401k is the smart thing to do.

Yetttttttt its Friday, and drugs are sooooo much more fun right now LOL

I'm quietly in the buy drugs camp, 4 days out LOL thank God Beane runs the draft. Meanwhile I'm kinda hoping Beane goes RB, cause if he does it I'll feel justified. DONT DO DRUGS KIDS! (no matter what @teef tells you)

All the rumors are true. Hall about to go ham. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Its hard to tell. Rumors said they were all over Ettiene, there were some Harris rumors out there, but both went earlier. Then there is a rumor they wanted CB Eric Stokes in the first as well. It’s hard to say.

Obviously they pursued McKissic, and while Duke Johnson is very similar, and I like him a lot, the salary says a lot about expectations. I do think they want to upgrade the position, I just can’t fathom why they would do it in the first round. Big no no. 

So Mr E :)

I got a feeling if Hall falls enough Bills would be okay with trading back from 25 and getting ahead of the next likely Team who desires a RB

Think Beane would take him if a he could add a pick and get the kid for pure value.
Thats what I think Beane thinks about RB in the 1st. Also I get the idea this Kid is going to be a heck of a back !

My question is for the guys who like Breece Hall but only in the 2nd. 

Serious question:

What is the "savings" in trading back up to get Hall in the 2nd versus, just taking him at 25? In a way I feel like taking him in the 2nd would be just as expensive or maybe more in a way?

Can anyone smarter than me weigh in on this? I might be overthinking it @GunnerBill

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Serious question:

What is the "savings" in trading back up to get Hall in the 2nd versus, just taking him at 25? In a way I feel like taking him in the 2nd would be just as expensive or maybe more in a way?

Can anyone smarter than me weigh in on this? I might be overthinking it @GunnerBill

Moving up your other/later picks. or adding some.
 My only point is if no one here including Beane ( who is reading this of course) feels he is BPA at 25 and they are not so hot to stay in the back end the 1st ? He falls safely to them early second ? Beane might do that deal. Luck of the Deck kinda.

• Like (+1) 1

If we truly do want Hall, I don’t know how far back they would be willing to trade seeming how the Texans and likely others want Hall as well. Why risk a team taking him if you want Hall and have a “football love affair” going on. Just pull the trigger and be done with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

He’s such an interesting player to watch.. not at all what I expected when I first checked out a highlight tape. 

Ran a 4.39, but doesn’t look that fast… that being said, he’s routinely running away from people.  

Big dude for a RB, sudden in his cuts and looks to have great hands in the passing game.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

He’s such an interesting player to watch.. not at all what I expected when I first checked out a highlight tape. 

Ran a 4.39, but doesn’t look that fast… that being said, he’s routinely running away from people.  

Big dude for a RB, sudden in his cuts and looks to have great hands in the passing game.  

Just thinking about the short game passing from Allen in busting up the cover 2 high shell gets me excited. Put him in the 12 personnel and you will never know what’s happening. Or 4WRs wide with WanDale Robinson with Hall in the backfield, are we running or going “5 receivers” . Just do it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Serious question:

I would be curious to this answer to.  There would seem to be a pro to be able to get that 5th year on a 1st rounder BUT I think a 1st rounder is significantly more in cost then a 2nd rounder.

3 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

So many sources saying Hall to the Bills, and where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Except it’s too much smoke, a smokescreen if you will. I don’t buy it, Beane wouldn’t let the cat out of the bag.

It’s no secret we want an elite pass catching RB who is also an elite running RB. We want to be able to run multiple looks with everything being completely disguised. We also want to keep teams honest and out of cover 2 high shell the majority of the games. If they don’t, we will just eat clock the whole game and anaconda squeeze teams to death. We wanted McKissic, and Hall is a better McKissic. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s no secret we want an elite pass catching RB who is also an elite running RB. We want to be able to run multiple looks with everything being completely disguised. We also want to keep teams honest and out of cover 2 high shell the majority of the games. If they don’t, we will just eat clock the whole game and anaconda squeeze teams to death. We wanted McKissic, and Hall is a better McKissic. 

We better chill before the Cardinals trade with the Cowboys and select Breece before us

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

So Mr E :)

I got a feeling if Hall falls enough Bills would be okay with trading back from 25 and getting ahead of the next likely Team who desires a RB

Think Beane would take him if a he could add a pick and get the kid for pure value.
Thats what I think Beane thinks about RB in the 1st. Also I get the idea this Kid is going to be a heck of a back !

That’s where I am at. I am ok with it if you are getting more picks, a mini trade down. I think someone will want to trade in front of the Lions to get QB so maybe that is a trade down spot. Maybe the Lions trade up a bit. They have 32 and 34 so why not get up to 25 to secure a QB? And I don’t have a problem with Hall, I just don’t see the value when you throw the ball as much and can always get value in the later rounds at RB. 

My apprehension also takes the fifth year option into account. If your player makes a pro bowl you are talking approximately 9 million a year for one year, which is a top ten salary. I feel like a trade out of the first may not be super likely, and if they really love him, they should just take him, I wouldn’t love it, but I’d obviously support the braintrust. 

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would be curious to this answer to.  There would seem to be a pro to be able to get that 5th year on a 1st rounder BUT I think a 1st rounder is significantly more in cost then a 2nd rounder.

I think the 5th year on a RB is a detriment imo. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

That’s fine and probably true… but is a better McKissic a RD1 pick? 

I can’t get behind this and I’m a pretty big McBeane guy. 

15 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

That’s fine and probably true… but is a better McKissic a RD1 pick? 

I can’t get behind this and I’m a pretty big McBeane guy. 

Considering he projected to go anywhere from 25-40, yeah, he’s worth a round 1 pick. It’s not like we are talking about pick 16 here, big difference between 16 and 25. 25 might as well be upper 2nd round talent wise, especially this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I dont love Hall at 25, I can get behind Hall at say 33 or 34 though. If we want him I get why they would take him at 25 but there aren't many teams beating down the door for a 1st round RB. Maybe the Jets at 34 take him but beyond that I dont see many teams taking a RB even in round 2 this year. I think a slight move back to even like 30 or 31 and taking him and gaining a pick makes more sense to me. 

Here what you don’t understand…I’m sure the bills didn’t think Jax would be into ettienne last year. They also couldn’t  have predicted McKissic would back out of his deal either. If the Bills want Hall, they will prob just take him at 25 whether you or anyone else agrees or not. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ArtinRtp said:

That’s why I think if a team needs a QB late in the draft to get the 5 th year option Beane would trade down for extra early rind 2 and 3 picks 

The problem with that is, if we truly do like Hall a lot, then there is no guarantees he will be there at 35. Especially considering other teams like the Texans are interested. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Considering he projected to go anywhere from 25-40, yeah, he’s worth a round 1 pick. It’s not like we are talking about pick 16 here, big difference between 16 and 25. 25 might as well be upper 2nd round talent wise, especially this year. 

Running backs aren’t worth RD1 picks. They’re just not worth it. 25 is upper RD2 talent wise just about every year… 

Upper RD2 value is fine, but that 5th year option on a premier position is way more important. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

Running backs aren’t worth RD1 picks. They’re just not worth it. 25 is upper RD2 talent wise just about every year… 

Upper RD2 value is fine, but that 5th year option on a premier position is way more important. 

So I’m falling to understand why drafting Hall at 25 is a bad option? We are talking about a late 1st round pick that isn’t much different than say a pick at 36. I sincerely doubt anyone is going to care about taking Hall at 25 after we will the super bowl next year. 

11 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Here what you don’t understand…I’m sure the bills didn’t think Jax would be into ettienne last year. They also couldn’t  have predicted McKissic would back out of his deal either. If the Bills want Hall, they will prob just take him at 25 whether you or anyone else agrees or not. 

I sure do get it, you must have missed the part where I said I get why they would take him at 25 if they really want him but I’d like to trade down and get him. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So I’m falling to understand why drafting Hall at 25 is a bad option? We are talking about a late 1st round pick that isn’t much different than say a pick at 36. I sincerely doubt anyone is going to care about taking Hall at 25 after we will the super bowl next year. 

I prefer we go in a different direction at 25 than RB or trade back a bit and pick up an extra pick or two and then take either Hall or Walker.  Especially given how well Devin played once we gave him a real work load and having bigger needs elsewhere.  

But I wouldn’t be upset by any means if we took at RB at 25, and I 100% support Beane going BPA in his board, whoever that may be.  I mean it would be exciting to add another weapon to our offense.  Plus, Devin is a FA next year, so if they aren’t planning to resign him and want more speed and better hands, then taking a RB this year makes a lot of sense.  

I just think if someone like Booth is there at 25, or if someone like Jameson, Wilson or Olave some how slide to 25 that they would be the better value and pick there.

11 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Because the cost of a player at that point for RB is too high and you waste the 5th year option that is a huge plus of the 1st round.

It is why Beane has repeatedly talked about positional value - Beane came out and said RB is not a position they would pick in the first round if they have someone with a first round grade.

If they do not have a first round grade - the RB must be elite compared be compared positions that are graded higher in value.  RB as a position has very little value because RBs make little difference to teams.

Since the Bills only have about 16 1st round players - If one of them is there - that is your pick.  If they are all gone - the Bills will then have to decide Hall versus positions of value.  Since the Bills were willing to sign McKissic as a low end FA - I can not imagine they value RB very high.

I still expect and would prefer several of the other RBs later and get actual talent in the first.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The value of a RB on a RD1 deal vs a premier position on a RD1 deal. 

The fact that a RD1 pick has a 5th year option that’s extremely valuable and most RB don’t remain effective after 4-5 years. 

The fact that you said he’s a better version of McKissic who was an UDFA that signed for $3.5M/year. That in itself screams not worth the value of a RD1 pick lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

That’s where I am at. I am ok with it if you are getting more picks, a mini trade down. I think someone will want to trade in front of the Lions to get QB so maybe that is a trade down spot. Maybe the Lions trade up a bit. They have 32 and 34 so why not get up to 25 to secure a QB? And I don’t have a problem with Hall, I just don’t see the value when you throw the ball as much and can always get value in the later rounds at RB. 

My apprehension also takes the fifth year option into account. If your player makes a pro bowl you are talking approximately 9 million a year for one year, which is a top ten salary. I feel like a trade out of the first may not be super likely, and if they really love him, they should just take him, I wouldn’t love it, but I’d obviously support the braintrust. 

I think the 5th year on a RB is a detriment imo. 

It’s pretty much the same as the tag. not beneficial 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Appears he is projected as a 2nd rounder. It would certainly be a reach to take him at 25. Maybe some are hoping he falls to late 2nd?

If you like a player and you know he will not be available at your pick in the next round, you go ahead and make the pick

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

If you like a player and you know he will not be available at your pick in the next round, you go ahead and make the pick

Only if you like just 1 player and even then the philosophy above is wrong.

No team should be that tied to a player that they pick him at 25 out of fear he would not be available at 57.  That is how you get huge reaches.  QB is the only spot you might use that philosophy- never for a RB.

The Bills should have a nice group of players to pick from at 25.  Beane has spoken about the draft and having a limited number of first round grades.  They have also stated that based upon positional value - the RB would have to be elite to allow them to match the value of more important positions.

Therefore - the questions are does Beane consider Hall to be Elite enough to by-pass other positions he values much more highly.  Next question is who has dropped and is there any of their 1st round talent left.  Third - in picking at 25 - if all first round talent is gone - who is left in the group and are they premier positions.

Beane will have to figure that on Thursday night.  Based upon how he has treated the RB position since arriving - I would expect the Bills will come to the conclusion that a 3-5th round pick at RB will give nearly the same output on the limited touches as Hall.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1