Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

On 4/10/2022 at 10:48 AM, Solomon Grundy said:

Wouldn’t that be gambling with the draft pick? With the current roster, wouldn’t you want an immediate contributor than an unknown prospect? In rounds 4-7, it’s okay. I think rounds 1-3 should be immediate contributors to the team. That’s my opinion 

Any first rd'er isnt exactly an unknown prospect. First rd is your most known sure fire prospect. We need to take best value for our future.

We have only 2 legit outside WR's-- so no depth there. Crowder is on a 1 yr deal, and McK has never had a 300yd season. Saffold is on a 1yr deal, Bates is still kinda unknown, as well as Brown (to a lesser degree). OJ Howard is on 1 yr deal, we could lose Knox to FA market.

We absolutely need a #2CB. Likely need a new starting MLB. Poyer and /or Hydes days are limited. 

Every single one of those is harder to replace than RB. I'd love to have a Breece Hall, sseriously I would, but its a bad value pick.  Its buying rims for your car when you dont have a 401k. Look at all those needs we could need to fill in the next year. Also, the track record on top RB selections hasnt exactly been can't miss either.  It sucks, and he'd be really fun to watch, I just dont see it is all.

• Like (+1) 1

Read a mock today on ESPN, all 7 rounds, they had Hall going to the Bills in round 2.  Also had the Bills getting the punter Arizza (sp) in round 5, round 1 was a CB, think it was the kid from Clemson.  All told, kind of liked this mock is they could get Hall in the 2nd and the punter in the 5th.  Couple of WR's thrown in there too, one from UCLA I recall, plus interior lineman.

Thinking some more I'm not as opposed anymore even to Hall in the 1st.  I hear it about not taking a RB in the 1st, not good value and normally makes sense.  But he's a bit of a different type of RB, so not sure he'd get the same wear and tear by the end of his 1st contract than a RB normally sees.  So there may be more value with him than normal.

3 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Other than the 5th year option.  Better to franchise tag a 2nd round RB and use the 5th year option on a high value position like CB, OT or Edge.

Yup.  Or WR

On 3/17/2022 at 12:55 AM, IronMaidenBills said:

4.39   40.   6’ 1” 217lbs.  A faster and bigger Marshawn Lynch.  Breece can run, catch, and block. He has 2 seasons with over 1,400 yards rushing. Out of all the running backs this year, he is the one I want the most. I really hope we can finally get a star RB to compliment Allen. I would roll with Breece and Singletary. 

He runs nothing like Lynch.  I would say more Levon Bell a patient runner.  Lynch had better feet, vision, and ran with a violence few can replicate. 

• Agree 3

21 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm standing by my "he's my f... it pick at 25 if my top 4 WRs and Top 4 CBs are off the board."

If the top 4 WRs and Top 4 CBs are off the board, I think I'd prefer a Trade Down to pick up another 2nd or 3rd. Or a move up from 25 to guarantee one of them if Beane really likes one of them within reach.

38 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

That was for you “value” folks😎

We already know that RBs don’t have the nearly the value of several other positions.  It’s not up for debate….

Do you really think a Lance Zierlein mock draft changes that notion in the least?

On 4/11/2022 at 1:08 AM, Buffalo716 said:

Breece definitely has a chance to become a stud... Here's the most likely scenario tho given he does 

The bills have the most dynamic player in the NFL, Josh Allen.. realistically you want the ball in his hand as much as possible...  Now that doesn't mean you don't want a stud running back .. you need balance

But Josh gets 11 yards a completion... A top back will get 5 yards per carry... It's just more efficient with Josh

So realistically our star running back is not going to be getting Adrian Peterson type carries..  and if he really has the goods... He probably would like to sign to a team that would use him like that

I can't see an elite running back who's being underused in our offense , because Josh touches the rock so much, want to re sign after his rookie deal 

It's probably rookie deal and moving on honestly

Because if he's that good a team will pay him to be a feature back ..  and I honestly don't see 250 or 270 carries in this offense

In the 2nd half of the season, Singletary with his play showed that the Bills will be a lot better with a good running back.   Coach has also clearly said that Allen running the ball will reduce significantly.   Allen cannot continue to take those brutal hits from those LBs and DL. 

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

In the 2nd half of the season, Singletary with his play showed that the Bills will be a lot better with a good running back.   Coach has also clearly said that Allen running the ball will reduce significantly.   Allen cannot continue to take those brutal hits from those LBs and DL. 

I don't think I ever said once the bills wouldn't be better with a better RB... 

Again it's about value ... And Josh is going to be throwing a lot more than the team will be running... So the value isn't there in round 1 RB.. it has been super strong round 2-3 in the last decade

As per the bolded, he actually takes on way more Defensive backs than Dlineman.. when he gets on the edge he is going against LBrs and dbacks... No defensive lineman are catching him ... He gets hit by the big boys IN the pocket not outside it 

Not saying you don't want to limit hits cus you do... But he is the hammer way more than the nail when he runs ... He punishes players in the secondary and smaller LBrs

• Like (+1) 1

I love RBs, my favorite position group growing up. Thurman is my favorite all time Bill (Smith is a close 2nd). I see the same types of highlight reels most non scouts watch.

I know he has a fast 40 (4.39), but his game speed looks slow. I know that is probably unpopular, but I see more James Conner in him than J Taylor.

I'm catching up on Walker and a few other RBs to see what they look like.

Just my impression.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

We already know that RBs don’t have the nearly the value of several other positions.  It’s not up for debate….

Do you really think a Lance Zierlein mock draft changes that notion in the least?

I don't think Breece Hall is the prospect that Najee Harris or Travis Etienne were. They went 24 and 25 respectively. I do not expect him to go in the top 32 picks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't think Breece Hall is the prospect that Najee Harris or Travis Etienne were. They went 24 and 25 respectively. I do not expect him to go in the top 32 picks.

Same here.  Would love either Walker or Hall at  @ 57 though 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Same here.  Would love either Walker or Hall at  @ 57 though 

Tbh I think I like Walker more than Hall. To me they're 1 and 1a. I don't get the absolute obsession people have with Hall but not Walker. Walker won all the awards and even ran 1/100th of a second faster than Hall. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Tbh I think I like Walker more than Hall. To me they're 1 and 1a. I don't get the absolute obsession people have with Hall but not Walker. Walker won all the awards and even ran 1/100th of a second faster than Hall. 

Walker is my rb1 too.  Kid is electric. If he were our pick @ 25, I wouldn’t be mad. I don’t think it would be a smart move, but I’d be happy about rooting for him every week.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Walker III is my top RB too.  Doubt Buffalo is talking him as he's had very little contact with them, a brief conversation at the combine.  Either BUF is putting up a smoke screen or they aren't very interested in him.  He only had one big year in college and has only limited experience in catching the ball out of the backfield. I see that a a positive - a lot of tread left on the tires

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1