Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

Well I better say something here... The other day I posted about doing a mock draft on a different forum and trading down, picking up more picks.. So far my two players I got were... 

RB Breece Hall pick 35

CB Kyler Gordon pick 57

Okay with that? Lol I saw Gordon went top ten in your guys mock, so I feel like I made a solid move so far...

• Like (+1) 4

I’m beginning to think that all the teams in front of the Bills will be loading up on all the top talent at WR and CB.

I’m warming to the fact that the Bills 1st round pick will be either Hall or Walker.

I wouldn’t be shocked.

Remember, the Bills were all in on Etienne at 30.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A RB like Hall is more likely for Bills early in the draft than a WR. Bills top 4 WRs are set and Singletary is a UFA in 2023. They've proven to be looking for a more dynamic RB. The question is value - could be a selection at #25 and then trade-up from #57 to secure RB/CB in some order.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On 4/6/2022 at 9:20 AM, njbuff said:

I’m beginning to think that all the teams in front of the Bills will be loading up on all the top talent at WR and CB.

I’m warming to the fact that the Bills 1st round pick will be either Hall or Walker.

I wouldn’t be shocked.

Were they though? It’s all hearsay. There were Bills writers who liked the idea of picking Etienne at 30 (Marcel Louis-Jacques) but I don’t think it was based on the Bills office actually liking Etienne. 

5 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Were they though? It’s all hearsay. There were Bills writers who liked the idea of picking Etienne at 30 (Marcel Louis-Jacques) but I don’t think it was based on the Bills office actually liking Etienne. 

I agree

I'm almost certain ETN wasn't the guy.. and I don't think he's a game changing NFL back

On 4/6/2022 at 10:40 AM, Airseven said:

A RB like Hall is more likely for Bills early in the draft than a WR. Bills top 4 WRs are set and Singletary is a UFA in 2023. They've proven to be looking for a more dynamic RB. The question is value - could be a selection at #25 and then trade-up from #57 to secure RB/CB in some order.  

Wide receiver is one of the most injury prone positions in the NFL.. and we're lacking on outside wide receivers outside of diggs and Davis 

I absolutely think they would draft a wide receiver over running back round 1 .. I really think round two is The Sweet spot for rb

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/6/2022 at 5:20 AM, njbuff said:

I wouldn’t be shocked.

This is pretty much my thinking.

• Like (+1) 1

I've somewhat come around on the idea of drafting a running back either in the late 1st or early 2nd. I'd prefer it be in the 2nd, and I still don't think the value is particularly good compared to other positions.

That said, it can be reasonably argued that a dynamic running back helps the offense overall -- including the passing game -- more than a 1st round WR. Adding a dynamic, legitimate threat to the backfield for five seasons likely takes this offense up a notch because the Bills would truly be able to punish defenses for selling out to stop the pass. Singletary finished 2021 on a high note, but make no mistake, defensive coordinators aren't staying up at night trying to figure out how to stop him.

The thing that has me thinking this may be a reasonable pick is that, as others have pointed out, there may be a run on WRs and CBs in round 1. If it gets to pick 25, and you're choosing between the 6th best WR, 5th best CB, or a dynamic RB1...again, it can be reasonably argued that that dynamic RB helps your offense more than WR6 would, and maybe helps your team overall more than CB5 would.

Still not my top choice, but I'm not gonna throw my TV out the window if it happens.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I've somewhat come around on the idea of drafting a running back either in the late 1st or early 2nd. I'd prefer it be in the 2nd, and I still don't think the value is particularly good compared to other positions.

That said, it can be reasonably argued that a dynamic running back helps the offense overall -- including the passing game -- more than a 1st round WR. Adding a dynamic, legitimate threat to the backfield for five seasons likely takes this offense up a notch because the Bills would truly be able to punish defenses for selling out to stop the pass. Singletary finished 2021 on a high note, but make no mistake, defensive coordinators aren't staying up at night trying to figure out how to stop him.

The thing that has me thinking this may be a reasonable pick is that, as others have pointed out, there may be a run on WRs and CBs in round 1. If it gets to pick 25, and you're choosing between the 6th best WR, 5th best CB, or a dynamic RB1...again, it can be reasonably argued that that dynamic RB helps your offense more than WR6 would, and maybe helps your team overall more than CB5 would.

Still not my top choice, but I'm not gonna throw my TV out the window if it happens.

Only throw the TV if it’s Drake London.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/30/2022 at 2:36 PM, NewEra said:

Would love to sneak a peek @ Beanes current CB prospect rankings.  WR too while we’re peeking. 

I’m starting to wane at the thought of WR @ 25.  Not because I don’t want one, i do….. rather I think the guys that we covet will be gone (Olave, williams, Wilson).  Maybe we go Burks or Dotson, but they might be gone too.  I don’t think we’d draft London even if he’s there.  I think we take one of the top 3 if they’re there…. If not…. I think it’’ll be corner.

While people seem to be souring on Gordon after the combine, I currently think that he’ll be our pick if he’s there.  How does Beane have Elam, Gordon, McDuffie, booth ranked.  I think one will be there.  Likely Gordon.  Maybe Elam.  McDuffie and Booth likely gone.  One of those guys will be the pick of the WRs are gone.  If the corners are gone too….

I could see Breece Hall or Kennth Walker….and I’d be happy about it.  Maybe not the smartest move….but I’d enjoy the ef outta either one

DITTO!~!~!!! As Im reading this thread allll the discussion may end up being moot if the Bills covet someone else in that spot. I am thinking they May trade up for their guy (whichever position) due the roster being so stacked as it is they would be willing to do it. I also think if they draft a corner/DB high that person may well get a great many snaps in his rookie season.

SO carry on I will be happy whomever they draft because he will then be OUR player and hope springs eternal he will be GREAT.

Cody Ford was a Miss ....Pout* I respect McBeane so I'll just leave that to noone is 1000% perfect every single time. *shrugs*

m

Idk if he is worth 25 maybe Walker and something substantial would need to happen at Cb before I would like Buffalo to pass on a db even if its a perceived reach for a player like McCreary.  

• Vomit 1

Running Backs drafted in the first round the last 14 years:

Najee Harris #24

Travis Etienne #25

Clyde Edwards-Helaire #32

Josh Jacobs #24

Saquon Barkley #2

Rashaad Penny #27

Leonard Fournette #4

Christian McCaffrey #8

Ezekiel Elliott #4

Trent Richardson #3

Doug Martin #31

David Wilson #32

Mark Ingram #28

CJ Spiller #9

Ryan Matthews #12

Jahvid Best #30

Knowshon Moreno #12

Donald Brown #27

Beanie Wells #31

14 years and I see maybe 3 players worth the pick.

It's horrible value to go after running backs in the first round and that has been proven time and again. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

It's horrible value to go after running backs in the first round and that has been proven time and again. 

That is a rough list. I'm not even sure I see 3, even if you think they've listed up to a first round slot production wise, how many of them ended up shipped up for low draft picks after being overpaid on a second contract? To me that's the deciding factor.

8 minutes ago, 716er said:

Beane has already wasted two mid-round draft picks on running backs. Hope he does not do it again.

The problem is not where he drafts them, but who he drafts...Beane wouldn’t know a good RB if it hit him in the face...

24 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I will add Treylon Burks to that...👍

I like Burks. what makes you hate him? I saw him just  out run SEC defenses. Drake London there is no separation in his highlight tapes I have no idea what people see in him. The other player that would make me throw the TV is Quay Walker I saw a mock (NFL.com) that had him coming to us. I like about five linebackers before him.

Edited by Vickveto

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Running Backs drafted in the first round the last 14 years:

Najee Harris #24

Travis Etienne #25

Clyde Edwards-Helaire #32

Josh Jacobs #24

Saquon Barkley #2

Rashaad Penny #27

Leonard Fournette #4

Christian McCaffrey #8

Ezekiel Elliott #4

Trent Richardson #3

Doug Martin #31

David Wilson #32

Mark Ingram #28

CJ Spiller #9

Ryan Matthews #12

Jahvid Best #30

Knowshon Moreno #12

Donald Brown #27

Beanie Wells #31

Interestingly the average draft position of the 19 players on this list is 17.11 but none of them were drafted between picks 12 and 24.

Of the 8 that were chosen at/before pick 12, the average draft position was 6.75.  Those teams were shooting for an "elite" running back

Of the 11 that were chosen at/after pick 24. the average draft position was 28.3. Those teams were trying to nail the right value.

25 minutes ago, 716er said:

Beane has already wasted two mid-round draft picks on running backs. Hope he does not do it again.

But this discussion is about high-round draft picks... 1st or 2nd round.