Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

16 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If a player like Thurman Thomas has a 5th year option, no team would hesitate to either pick it up or sign him to a long term extension.  

……if a player like Kijana Carter, Curtis Enis, Blair Thomas, Tommy Vardell, Rashan salaam, Sammie smith, Terry Miller, Dj Dozier, Lawrence Phillips has a 5th year option, every team would hesitate to pick it up or sign them long term.  

two sides to every coin. 

13 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

The only way I see the Bills going w Hall is if all the CBs have been taken and all the 1st round WRs are gone and all the LBs are gone, which COULD happen because I don’t know if a single QB will go in the first this year. 

I think you are completely underselling last year that the bills were reportedly very high on Ettienne, this year when they made a play for McKissic, and all the predraft visits they’ve had with running backs. They want one. Period. It’s not an opinion. Just look at what has been going on.  They will add one. They know how close they are and McD wants a running game. A guy like Hall at 25 would bring this run game instant credibility. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

……if a player like Kijana Carter, Curtis Enis, Blair Thomas, Tommy Vardell, Rashan salaam, Sammie smith, Terry Miller, Dj Dozier, Lawrence Phillips has a 5th year option, every team would hesitate to pick it up or sign them long term.  

two sides to every coin. 

You do realize we can just as easily draft a bust at another position right?

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

two sides to every coin. 

To be fair, the history of the draft is littered with 1st round busts at every position.  We can't just single out RB in that regard, though it certainly has had its fair share. 

Edited by Brandon

5 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I think you are completely underselling last year that the bills were reportedly very high on Ettienne, this year when they made a play for McKissic, and all the predraft visits they’ve had with running backs. They want one. Period. It’s not an opinion. Just look at what has been going on.  They will add one. They know how close they are and McD wants a running game. A guy like Hall at 25 would bring this run game instant credibility. 

You do realize we can just as easily draft a bust at another position right?

I do…..

you used thurman as an example…… while there are hundreds of examples to support the opposite side of your argument.  There are hundreds of examples of both sides of each argument.  

the point is…..a RB 5th year option is less valuable than several other positions.  Ask the titans and niners who are going to have to pay Brown and Deebo 25M a year earlier because they aren’t on a 5th year option.  When you draft a player, you do so believing that that player will succeed and hope that the 5th year option is valuable, rather than a boon

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

To be fair, the history of the draft is littered with 1st round busts at every position.  We can't just single out RB in that regard, though it certainly has had its fair share. 

Yes….I quoted someone that used Thurman as an example…..so I used examples too….. makes sense 

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I do…..

you used thurman as an example…… while there are hundreds of examples to support the opposite side of your argument.  There are hundreds of examples of both sides of each argument.  

the point is…..a RB 5th year option is less valuable than several other positions.  Ask the titans and niners who are going to have to pay Brown and Deebo 25M a year earlier because they aren’t on a 5th year option.  When you draft a player, you do so believing that that player will succeed and hope that the 5th year option is valuable, rather than a boon

Yes….I quoted someone that used Thurman as an example…..so I used examples too….. makes sense 

I would love to have someone like Jameson Williams or Garrett Wilson on a 5th year. I just don’t think they will be there. I also think if the Bills love Hall that he also won’t be there if they wait till 57. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/17/2022 at 4:12 AM, Pete said:

I love Breece too, but I’m certain we are going CB with first selection, unless Jameson is available.  Then Beane has a tough call.
Breece might even slip into first round imo

I also really like Kenneth Walker 

Brian Robinson Jr. in the third - the anti-Singletary back - very physical

9 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I would love to have someone like Jameson Williams or Garrett Wilson on a 5th year. I just don’t think they will be there. I also think if the Bills love Hall that he also won’t be there if they wait till 57. 

Agreed. Plus I dont see Hall making it past the top 5-10 picks of the 2nd round. While nowhere near my top choice, I would be cool with Hall at 25 if the first 24 picks went disastrously for the Bills wish list.

One of my all time favorite players was LaDanian Tomlinson and I saw him GUSHING over Breece Hall's skill set recently.  As far as I'm concerned, if Hall is as good as LT thinks he can be, it would be worth landing him despite our need at Cornerback.  I'm actually thinking that if we don't trade UP for a cornerback, the best option would be to trade BACK for Breece Hall, and get an extra second rounder out of the trade (using one or both second round pics on cornerbacks).

I also read an article where Beane was discussing our CB need and he is in a "don't panic" mindset and feels that there is plenty of time to address CB in the draft, and during the time after the draft, when guys like Joe Haden (and others who are testing the market) could see their prices reduced.

In Beane I trust.....

Edited by Yantha
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

One of my all time favorite players was LaDanian Tomlinson and I saw him GUSHING over Breece Hall's skill set recently.  As far as I'm concerned, if Hall is as good as LT thinks he can be, it would be worth landing him despite our need at Cornerback.  I'm actually thinking that if we don't trade UP for a cornerback, the best option would be to trade BACK for Breece Hall, and get an extra second rounder out of the trade (using one or both on cornerbacks).

I also read an article where Beane was discussing our CB need and he is in a "don't panic" mindset and feels that there is plenty of time to address CB in the draft, and during the time after the draft, when guys like Joe Haden (and others who are testing the market) could see their prices reduced.

In Beane I trust.....

Been what I’ve been saying for a while now. They don’t seem to be nearly as panicked as most of the fans. They seem to like Dane Jackson and I’ll bet Tre is back sooner than most think. They also have an amazing track record of developing DBs. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How about  about we trade our 4th round pick  for Saquan Barkley for 1 year super bowl run and then let him walk. Use our 1st and 2nd round picks on CB and OG.? 

Edited by wppete
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Agreed. Plus I dont see Hall making it past the top 5-10 picks of the 2nd round. While nowhere near my top choice, I would be cool with Hall at 25 if the first 24 picks went disastrously for the Bills wish list.

100% agree. Hall will be long gone by the time 57 rolls around and it might cost a lot to trade up to get him in 2. If they want him I think they should take him at 25 or trade just outside the first and hope to land him there. 

Just now, wppete said:

How about  about we trade our 4th round pick  for Saquan Barkley for 1 year super bowl run and then let him walk. Use our 1st and 2nd round picks on CB and OG.? 

How many weapons on one year deals do you want?  Good grief…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

Been what I’ve been saying for a while now. They don’t seem to be nearly as panicked as most of the fans. They seem to like Dane Jackson and I’ll bet Tre is back sooner than most think. They also have an amazing track record of developing DBs. 

Yes, and actually although I'm SURE they tried to shore up the position, the silver lining is that they will have more time to assess Tre's injury.

14 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Agreed on both points.  We just don’t know how much the Bills love Breece Hall or the other prospects that will be considered @ 25.  If they like Hall and a corner, wr, DE, OT close to equally, drafting the rb would be foolish imo…..based on the 5th year option being much more valuable for the other positions. 

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

You know, this draft is deep at WR and I'd rather see who's available as a potential long term player for the Bills with 4th round WR options.  Interesting idea though.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed on both points.  We just don’t know how much the Bills love Breece Hall or the other prospects that will be considered @ 25.  If they like Hall and a corner, wr, DE, OT close to equally, drafting the rb would be foolish imo…..based on the 5th year option being much more valuable for the other positions. 

I think that the FO thinks more about whether a player will help the team win superbowls moreso than thinking about 5th year options.  If a bon afide PLAYMAKER can be added, I think they just go get 'em.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m honestly beginning to think the Bills draft Hall. There are a lot of tells pointing in that direction. 

Eteniene rumors last year

Bills going hard at McKissic (wanting a pass catching RB) settled for Duke

McD comments on Thurman 

McDs frustrations with Daboll and wanting to establish a run game. 
Singletary contract ending 

Hall has the talent to be our Thurman and the pass catcher that McKissic is. I was originally thinking the Bills wouldn’t draft Hall, but I think there is a very good chance now. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m honestly beginning to think the Bills draft Hall. There are a lot of tells pointing in that direction. 

Eteniene rumors last year

Bills going hard at McKissic (wanting a pass catching RB) settled for Duke

McD comments on Thurman 

McDs frustrations with Daboll and wanting to establish a run game. 
Singletary contract ending 

Hall has the talent to be our Thurman and the pass catcher that McKissic is. I was originally thinking the Bills wouldn’t draft Hall, but I think there is a very good chance now. 

I totally agree. This seems to have been brewing since last year with all the rumors. A dynamic RB would put this offense over the top. Hall has it all…he’s fast, big, durable, and has good hands in the passing game. 

Najee Harris was selected last year with the 24th pick. We are in a way better situation this year than the Steelers were last year. We have our long term qb and our oline is set this year. They had uncertainty at qb and with their oline and took Harris anyways. He worked out. No reason to think hall wouldn’t have a similar effect for this offense. 

Edited by whorlnut
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I totally agree. This seems to have been brewing since last year with all the rumors. A dynamic RB would put this offense over the top. Hall has it all…he’s fast, big, durable, and has good hands in the passing game. 

The fact that this thread keeps going gives me hope. I haven’t beaten the RB drum since Jonathan Taylor and I believe Hall is nearly as good. We haven’t had a dynamic RB in years. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Yantha said:

One of my all time favorite players was LaDanian Tomlinson and I saw him GUSHING over Breece Hall's skill set recently.  As far as I'm concerned, if Hall is as good as LT thinks he can be, it would be worth landing him despite our need at Cornerback.  I'm actually thinking that if we don't trade UP for a cornerback, the best option would be to trade BACK for Breece Hall, and get an extra second rounder out of the trade (using one or both second round pics on cornerbacks).

In Beane I trust.....

Martin Emerson or Alontae Taylor if you're getting an extra 2nd round pick for a Corner

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Yantha said:

You know, this draft is deep at WR and I'd rather see who's available as a potential long term player for the Bills with 4th round WR options.  Interesting idea though.

I think that the FO thinks more about whether a player will help the team win superbowls moreso than thinking about 5th year options.  If a bon afide PLAYMAKER can be added, I think they just go get 'em.

You say that as if there aren’t any WRs capable of being bonafide playmakers that can help us win Super Bowls…..while making better usage of the 5th year option.  Being a bonafide playmaker that can help us win a super bowl and being a player that makes better use of a 5th year option aren’t mutually exclusive.  You can have both and most teams prefer to have both…..hence lack of RBs drafted in the first round when compared to other positions.  It’s part of the equation.

9 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The fact that this thread keeps going gives me hope. I haven’t beaten the RB drum since Jonathan Taylor and I believe Hall is nearly as good. We haven’t had a dynamic RB in years. 

If you and soloman were to disappear, so would the thread.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s interesting you bring up Taylor. Hall has been compared to him on more than one occasion. His production in college, his usage, and his amazing combine reeks Jonathan Taylor. 

One of the same knocks on Taylor is also a knock on Hall…many fear the wear and tear in college will catch up with him. How has that worked for Taylor?

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Martin Emerson or Alontae Taylor if you're getting an extra 2nd round pick for a Corner

Or Tariq Woolen or Cam Taylor-Britt. The point is…we do not “need” to take a corner in round 1 to get an immediate upgrade. I think most people are so used to defense in round 1 no matter what that they can’t even wrap their minds around possibly picking an offensive player. 

Edited by whorlnut
  • Agree 1