Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

9 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

There's a poll going right now for who the Bills should take at 57. Kenneth Walker is still on the board and the vote is 50/50 with an Offensive Lineman. So if you're a bang the table we need a RB, this is your chance to show support 😛

I would feel 10x better getting Walker @ 57 if it meant we landed a quality CB @ 25.  I like Breece alot but not at the expense of getting a CB with Tre out. We're not getting to 12-13 wins without our defense stepping up. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Oh grundles….. lol

You should be embarrassed for posting that video. What a terrrible terribleeee take

OPINIONS!! This^^ is your opinion, the video was his opinion. I’m of the opinion that Breece Hall would make the Bills offense more dynamic and I’m sticking by it!!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I would feel 10x better getting Walker @ 57 if it meant we landed a quality CB @ 25.  I like Breece alot but not at the expense of getting a CB with Tre out. We're not getting to 12-13 wins without our defense stepping up. 

Please no to drafting a CB out of fear.  Please understand there is a whole contingent of people strongly rooting for a WR in round 1.  It would be a like a Will Smith slap to the face if the FO drafts a McDuffie over the likes of J Williams or T Burk.

As for RB the discussion should really be about round 3-4 RBs, that's where they should be drafting Singletary's replacement.  The FO is 1-1 on 3rd round RBs, try it again.  We don't need or want a prima donna.  The RB in this offense is not the star or the showcase. 

Lets hope we get to see how the FO does in their evaluation of the James Cook/ Pierre Strong/Jerome Ford/ Kyrin Williams types.

• Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Please no to drafting a CB out of fear.  Please understand there is a whole contingent of people strongly rooting for a WR in round 1.  It would be a like a Will Smith slap to the face if the FO drafts a McDuffie over the likes of J Williams or T Burk.

As for RB the discussion should really be about round 3-4 RBs, that's where they should be drafting Singletary's replacement.  The FO is 1-1 on 3rd round RBs, try it again.  We don't need or want a prima donna.  The RB in this offense is not the star or the showcase. 

Lets hope we get to see how the FO does in their evaluation of the James Cook/ Pierre Strong/Jerome Ford/ Kyrin Williams types.

I wish people would stop with this "out of fear" crap

The corner crop in this year's draft is good......even if we didnt have a need at corner we should be taking one.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I wish people would stop with this "out of fear" crap

The corner crop in this year's draft is good......even if we didnt have a need at corner we should be taking one.  

Well calling it "out of fear" is a synonym for saying drafting for need.  It will be interesting to see how many peoples draft choice hopes change once we get the FA CB.

Yes, take a corner if it's BPA at a premium position of need.  But hopefully the BPA will be a WR because that would be the best fit for the long term for the Bills.

28 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Well calling it "out of fear" is a synonym for saying drafting for need.  It will be interesting to see how many peoples draft choice hopes change once we get the FA CB.

Yes, take a corner if it's BPA at a premium position of need.  But hopefully the BPA will be a WR because that would be the best fit for the long term for the Bills.

I am not opposed to taking a WR (which....just like corner is a deep crop this year) but unless you want to be rolling out Dane Jackson and Cam Lewis to go against all of the new weapons that have come into our division we better address it.

Meanwhile.....we literally are rolling out Diggs, Davis, and Crowder......all vetted studs on offense.

The two are not comparable at this time.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

OPINIONS!! This^^ is your opinion, the video was his opinion. I’m of the opinion that Breece Hall would make the Bills offense more dynamic and I’m sticking by it!!

The dude said that the other teams in the league have to take Breece Hall just so the Bills don’t get him.  I wonder which GM is going to make the decision to draft a RB in round 1 just so another team doesn’t get him. 

but yeah.  He would make the offense more dynamic.  For sure. Just like any player we add @ 25 will make our team better.  If we want a RB, I hope we trade down from 25 or trade up from 57.  25 👎🏻 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think you are overestimating the WR group (which is very good) and underestimating the top of the CB group.  For example, Jameson Williams looked great last season, but is coming off a serious knee injury which might rob him of some of his speed (not saying it will, but it certainly could) and he really has only 1 year of production.  Of course, none of this means that he won’t be very good, but it adds risk.  Flip side, I’m not sure that Andrew Booth isn’t a comparable talent.  

I think that some are getting too enamored with the very fast 40 times that some WRs and some CBS put up.  Speed is a great asset, but it isn’t true that just because someone can run fast in a straight line that they can therefore become a great WR, CB or RB “with coaching”.

37 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am not opposed to taking a WR (which....just like corner is a deep crop this year) but unless you want to be rolling out Dane Jackson and Cam Lewis to go against all of the new weapons that have come into our division we better address it.

Meanwhile.....we literally are rolling out Diggs, Davis, and Crowder......all vetted studs on offense.

The two are not comparable at this time.

Addressing it is different than drafting it, especially when you're talking about a 1st round pick.

What our lineup looks like at the moment and basing your draft philosophy on it, is "need based" drafting.  You're basing it on the fear of rolling out Dane and Cam.  Short term thinking.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Addressing it is different than drafting it, especially when you're talking about a 1st round pick.

What our lineup looks like at the moment and basing your draft philosophy on it, is "need based" drafting.  You're basing it on the fear of rolling out Dane and Cam.  Short term thinking.

Talk to me again when we are losing games in our championship window (which is now) because we cant stop other teams from passing all over us.

My fear is our offense is powerful.....but we get outpointed because we cant stop anybody.

Once again....we do not currently have STARTERS at the corner position.....while we def do at the WR position....the two are not comparable at the moment.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Talk to me again when we are losing games in our championship window (which is now) because we cant stop other teams from passing all over us.

My fear is our offense is powerful.....but we get outpointed because we cant stop anybody.

Once again....we do not currently have STARTERS at the corner position.....while we def do at the WR position....the two are not comparable at the moment.

"Comparable at the moment" certainly qualifies as short term reasoning.

Intermediate to long term you want to have a WR.  Take a shot at a difference making offensive skills player Josh/Dorsey will have for 4-5 years.  This conveniently ties in with salary/payments of the WR group - Diggs next year/Davis probably in two years/draftee in 4-5.

As for the CB, don't worry they'll get a FA, and draft one also.  I just hope not round 1.

8 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

"Comparable at the moment" certainly qualifies as short term reasoning.

Intermediate to long term you want to have a WR.  Take a shot at a difference making offensive skills player Josh/Dorsey will have for 4-5 years.  This conveniently ties in with salary/payments of the WR group - Diggs next year/Davis probably in two years/draftee in 4-5.

As for the CB, don't worry they'll get a FA, and draft one also.  I just hope not round 1.

Yes I say this because I would feel differently if they address it with a good vet.

• Like (+1) 1

The problem I have is this:

Given the below list of 1st/2nd round pick RB's,

1) With 20/20 hindsight, which ones would you pick with a 1st round pick?

and

2) without 20/20 hindsight is it worth the cost of getting it wrong? Cause that seems likely and I say no it's not. I am sure you can do this with other positions, but we need help elsewhere.

2021 -

Najee Harris

Travis Etienne

Javonte Williams

2020 -

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

D'Andre Swift

Jonathan Taylor

Cam Akers

J.K. Dobbins

AJ Dillon

Josh Jacobs

Miles Sanders

Saquon Barkley

Rashaad Penny

Sony Michel

Nick Chubb

Ronald Jones

Kerryon Johnson

Derrius Guice

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/2/2022 at 8:22 PM, CapeBreton said:
I honestly worry about the Bills RB evaluation process. Hard to believe they were this high on Moss in the 2020 draft. Can’t wait to see what they do at this year’s draft to upgrade the RB room.  

On 4/2/2022 at 8:24 PM, Magnum Force said:

For sure

On 4/2/2022 at 8:36 PM, JaCrispy said:

In addition to their RB evaluation, I also worry about the Bills’ OG and DL evaluation...they’ve missed hard, so far, with top picks at those positions...

I would argue that Singletary was over drafted...based on his minimum production and lack of athleticism, it’s hard to see why he was drafted higher than the fifth round- and even that is being generous, if I’m being honest...

On 4/2/2022 at 9:17 PM, Magnum Force said:

Agreed 

Last year at this time people were calling Singletary a disappointment. Then he had a bounce back year and now people are singing a different tune.

Last year was Moss' 2nd year. It's way too early to make a pronouncement on his career. I liked Moss before he was drafted and was glad we drafted him. He has a nice physical style which I thought the team needed. He was a good pass blocker and showed good hands as a receiver. 

I think people need to dial down the criticism a bit because stranger things have happened than a 3rd rounder having a bounce back season.

This is not to say that we couldn't use a dynamic playmaker at RB... just that people shouldn't get too high on their own abilities to predict a player's career curve.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

2 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Last year at this time people were calling Singletary a disappointment. Then he had a bounce back year and now people are singing a different tune.

Last year was Moss' 2nd year. It's way too early to make a pronouncement on his career. I liked Moss before he was drafted and was glad we drafted him. He has a nice physical style which I thought the team needed. He was a good pass blocker and showed good hands as a receiver. 

I think people need to dial down the criticism a bit because stranger things have happened than a 3rd rounder having a bounce back season.

Moss was literally a power running back who ran with no power last season. With Duke here for 3rd downs I have a hard time seeing him even being active every week.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Moss was literally a power running back who ran with no power last season.

That's true but isn't it possible that Moss regains his mojo in the same way that Singletary did last year?

In fact if given a fair chance to compete for playing time isn't it at least a 50/50 proposition that he does rebound?

On 4/3/2022 at 10:01 PM, Motor26 said:

Wisconsin plays in the big ten all they do is run the ball, it’s nothing compared to SEC football. No one cares if you run for 200 yards vs. Illinois. And this is the NFL, you think he’d be able to run over NFL defenses like he did at Wisconsin with the Bills run blocking? Absolutely not. 

I still think he'd be a top end back. He might not lead the league but he IS a special talent. He has elite vision to the point he almost never misses a gap. It was always his single biggest trait. Which is even more valuable behind a poor oline. It is something Singletary has struggled here with. Behind weaker lines you have to be able to see the gaps they create and see them quickly.

Now to be clear I am not bemoaning the Bills not drafring him... he was gone before our first pick anyway. I am just glad Kansas City went for Mr Average instead out of LSU. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1