Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

The main reason RB is a low cost position is because young players can make an immediate impact.  But you have to good young players to follow that strategy. Its not crazy to spend even a first on the RB, if that person can be a top 5 to 10 RB immediately. 

It doesn’t matter - you should almost never draft a RB in the first round.  The cost of a 5th year option and a second contract make it not worth it.  

You overpay even if he is good - the cost versus return on 1st round backs is terrible.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

It doesn’t matter - you should almost never draft a RB in the first round.  The cost of a 5th year option and a second contract make it not worth it.  

You overpay even if he is good - the cost versus return on 1st round backs is terrible.

You could say that about every position except QB and pass rusher 

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

I agree second round on his fair game though

24 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

You could say that about every position except QB and pass rusher 

Nope - if you look at second contracts for starting level players there are a few positions that first round picks do not work out for.  

Many starting level guards make 3-4 million - a 5th year option on a guard is 10+ million.  Unless he is an All Pro you are overpaying.

RB falls into the same category - you can get mid to high end starters for 4-5 million, but the 5th year option pushes 8+ million again elite level RB.

Very rarely - especially late are you picking up the option.

QB, CB, WR, DE, OLB, OT - the mid range starter and 5th year option are close enough that you can pick it up and have a year to negotiate if needed.  The pay rate is not so far out of line that you put yourself in a pickle.

It is easy if they are an All Pro or they bust out, but the majority of players are starter level, but not elite and in those cases that extra year can be helpful, but you can’t use it for every position.  The price point should be a huge consideration in what you are drafting.  It is part of the reason Linderbaum is dropping - with his size and position.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Jeremy White had a nice discussion about Breece Hall and Next Gen Stats on his show this morning. Breece is #1 rated. The past 2 years, names on that list included Jamarr Chase, Joe Burrow 

Just further confirmation that my excitement is warranted. He has elite talent. I honestly hope we find a way to make him a Bill. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Jeremy White had a nice discussion about Breece Hall and Next Gen Stats on his show this morning. Breece is #1 rated. The past 2 years, names on that list included Jamarr Chase, Joe Burrow 

What as the #1 RB? Hasn't that been out there for a while?

49 minutes ago, wppete said:

If the top corners are gone I’d be very happy with Breece Hall at #25. The offense would be scary with him and Devin. 

Give me the top RB in the draft over the fifth or sixth CB any day of the week. Hall would take us to another level. We can get a corner later. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Just further confirmation that my excitement is warranted. He has elite talent. I honestly hope we find a way to make him a Bill. 

Package picks including 2023 1st to move up for Jameson Williams.   Then move up from 57 into the late 30's early 40's for Hall. 

in this scenario you only make maybe 4 selections in the draft....but 2 of them would be elite 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/16/2022 at 7:17 PM, Rochesterfan said:

We're not drafting in the top 10 anymore.  People need to realize that when your team is drafting near the end of the 1st round you will not get to draft again until the late 2nd round and if the sweet spot for RBs is early 2nd round if you want one you either use a 1st rounder or lose the player.  You can't count on a trade up or trade down.  It's not the same mentality as drafting in the top 10. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

We're not drafting in the top 10 anymore.  People need to realize that when your team is drafting near the end of the 1st round you will not get to draft again until the late 2nd round and if the sweet spot for RBs is early 2nd round if you want one you either use a 1st rounder or lose the player.  You can't count on a trade up or trade down.  It's not the same mentality as drafting in the top 10. 

It’s not…..but the 5th year option remains the same.  The value of the running back position with regards to building a team remains the same.  

i get your point but while the one variable (draft slot) changes, the other variables remain the same 

Sean McDermott asked if he could add any former Bill to current team said Thurman Thomas.  Could be a "tell" that they are focused on landing an elite RB.

It makes sense.   Really puts a lot of stress on defenses when your team has a strong counter punch to anything they do....

Personally I want 2 of the first 3 picks to be Offensive playmakers. Give Allen as much Ammo as possible. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

It’s not…..but the 5th year option remains the same.  The value of the running back position with regards to building a team remains the same.  

i get your point but while the one variable (draft slot) changes, the other variables remain the same 

If a player like Thurman Thomas has a 5th year option, no team would hesitate to either pick it up or sign him to a long term extension.  

The only way I see the Bills going w Hall is if all the CBs have been taken and all the 1st round WRs are gone and all the LBs are gone, which COULD happen because I don’t know if a single QB will go in the first this year. 

A few things factor with Breece is that we only have 1 back under contract after this season and that’s Mr Moss who may be released.

The other is a true 3 down back to compliment motor and can break the long one is something bills haven’t had since the days of Willis Mcgahee.

And finally everyone’s favorite tool Pete Schraeger is now mocking Breece to the Bills and he’s actually been pretty good in the past with his mocks. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sean McDermott asked if he could add any former Bill to current team said Thurman Thomas.  Could be a "tell" that they are focused on landing an elite RB.

It makes sense.   Really puts a lot of stress on defenses when your team has a strong counter punch to anything they do....

Personally I want 2 of the first 3 picks to be Offensive playmakers. Give Allen as much Ammo as possible. 

I mean, if the Legends, only Thurman is at a position where you don’t have a current star, so that’s the right answer.

16 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

This is a great point. You are correct. The sweet spot for the top RBs has been early 2nd. Our 1st rounder is a late 1st anyways, so if you want Hall you will need to take him at 25, trade back to the top of 2, or trade up into the early 40s. 

• Agree 1