Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

11 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I remember stuff like this last year, who the Bills ultimately passed on, but loads of rumors they tried to trade back in to take the RB but failed?

Its hard to tell. Rumors said they were all over Ettiene, there were some Harris rumors out there, but both went earlier. Then there is a rumor they wanted CB Eric Stokes in the first as well. It’s hard to say.

Obviously they pursued McKissic, and while Duke Johnson is very similar, and I like him a lot, the salary says a lot about expectations. I do think they want to upgrade the position, I just can’t fathom why they would do it in the first round. Big no no. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

Just here to confess my sins. I'm vehemently against a 1st rd RB about 360 days a year. Luxury pick at a frivolous position.

Then draft day starts to get close and it feels sexy.... its like payday Friday, and I know putting $$ in my 401k is the smart thing to do.

Yetttttttt its Friday, and drugs are sooooo much more fun right now LOL

I'm quietly in the buy drugs camp, 4 days out LOL thank God Beane runs the draft. Meanwhile I'm kinda hoping Beane goes RB, cause if he does it I'll feel justified. DONT DO DRUGS KIDS! (no matter what @teef tells you)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Just here to confess my sins. I'm vehemently against a 1st rd RB about 360 days a year. Luxury pick at a frivolous position.

Then draft day starts to get close and it feels sexy.... its like payday Friday, and I know putting $$ in my 401k is the smart thing to do.

Yetttttttt its Friday, and drugs are sooooo much more fun right now LOL

I'm quietly in the buy drugs camp, 4 days out LOL thank God Beane runs the draft. Meanwhile I'm kinda hoping Beane goes RB, cause if he does it I'll feel justified. DONT DO DRUGS KIDS! (no matter what @teef tells you)

All the rumors are true. Hall about to go ham. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Its hard to tell. Rumors said they were all over Ettiene, there were some Harris rumors out there, but both went earlier. Then there is a rumor they wanted CB Eric Stokes in the first as well. It’s hard to say.

Obviously they pursued McKissic, and while Duke Johnson is very similar, and I like him a lot, the salary says a lot about expectations. I do think they want to upgrade the position, I just can’t fathom why they would do it in the first round. Big no no. 

So Mr E :)

I got a feeling if Hall falls enough Bills would be okay with trading back from 25 and getting ahead of the next likely Team who desires a RB

Think Beane would take him if a he could add a pick and get the kid for pure value.
Thats what I think Beane thinks about RB in the 1st. Also I get the idea this Kid is going to be a heck of a back !

My question is for the guys who like Breece Hall but only in the 2nd. 

Serious question:

What is the "savings" in trading back up to get Hall in the 2nd versus, just taking him at 25? In a way I feel like taking him in the 2nd would be just as expensive or maybe more in a way?

Can anyone smarter than me weigh in on this? I might be overthinking it @GunnerBill

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Serious question:

What is the "savings" in trading back up to get Hall in the 2nd versus, just taking him at 25? In a way I feel like taking him in the 2nd would be just as expensive or maybe more in a way?

Can anyone smarter than me weigh in on this? I might be overthinking it @GunnerBill

Moving up your other/later picks. or adding some.
 My only point is if no one here including Beane ( who is reading this of course) feels he is BPA at 25 and they are not so hot to stay in the back end the 1st ? He falls safely to them early second ? Beane might do that deal. Luck of the Deck kinda.

• Like (+1) 1

If we truly do want Hall, I don’t know how far back they would be willing to trade seeming how the Texans and likely others want Hall as well. Why risk a team taking him if you want Hall and have a “football love affair” going on. Just pull the trigger and be done with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

He’s such an interesting player to watch.. not at all what I expected when I first checked out a highlight tape. 

Ran a 4.39, but doesn’t look that fast… that being said, he’s routinely running away from people.  

Big dude for a RB, sudden in his cuts and looks to have great hands in the passing game.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

He’s such an interesting player to watch.. not at all what I expected when I first checked out a highlight tape. 

Ran a 4.39, but doesn’t look that fast… that being said, he’s routinely running away from people.  

Big dude for a RB, sudden in his cuts and looks to have great hands in the passing game.  

Just thinking about the short game passing from Allen in busting up the cover 2 high shell gets me excited. Put him in the 12 personnel and you will never know what’s happening. Or 4WRs wide with WanDale Robinson with Hall in the backfield, are we running or going “5 receivers” . Just do it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Serious question:

I would be curious to this answer to.  There would seem to be a pro to be able to get that 5th year on a 1st rounder BUT I think a 1st rounder is significantly more in cost then a 2nd rounder.

3 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

So many sources saying Hall to the Bills, and where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Except it’s too much smoke, a smokescreen if you will. I don’t buy it, Beane wouldn’t let the cat out of the bag.

It’s no secret we want an elite pass catching RB who is also an elite running RB. We want to be able to run multiple looks with everything being completely disguised. We also want to keep teams honest and out of cover 2 high shell the majority of the games. If they don’t, we will just eat clock the whole game and anaconda squeeze teams to death. We wanted McKissic, and Hall is a better McKissic. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s no secret we want an elite pass catching RB who is also an elite running RB. We want to be able to run multiple looks with everything being completely disguised. We also want to keep teams honest and out of cover 2 high shell the majority of the games. If they don’t, we will just eat clock the whole game and anaconda squeeze teams to death. We wanted McKissic, and Hall is a better McKissic. 

We better chill before the Cardinals trade with the Cowboys and select Breece before us

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1