Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

9 minutes ago, delirious said:

All things equal, Breece had a lot of open field runs that I don't think will translate to the NFL.  Just my eyes I don't think he's good between the tackles, and busting big runs isn't a thing in the NFL anymore. 

Besides, are you ponying up a second contract for a RB? I sure wouldn't.  So why would I spend a 1st round pick on a position that is easily replaceable?

that’s basically what the draft network guys say as well - he certainly has a good top gear and homerun potential, but they claim he needs a tremendous amount of daylight to bust one.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, delirious said:

Just because the Bills haven't be successful at easily replacing them in the past recent years doesn't mean that's a global truth. In fact, the Bills have been the outliers compared to other teams getting great running backs outside of the 1st round. 

If Breece turns out good, then ok. I'm gonna be skeptical in the mean time and I certainly will not be pounding the table. 

And that's fine.

Up until the current regime, the Bills were great at finding RBs.  That's the trade off, I guess.  Can't have it all.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

that’s basically what the draft network guys say as well - he certainly has a good top gear and homerun potential, but they claim he needs a tremendous amount of daylight to bust one.

I personally prefer Kenneth Walker. You could probably get him at 57. 

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No, but…….

Sliming Jonathan Taylor GIF by Nickelodeon

But Joe Marino didn’t like Josh Allen in 2018.  

i heard that on the podcast yesterday and just started rolling…..thinking that Jonathan Taylor would never average only 2.83 yards after contact….while playing in the BIG12 no less.  But Hall has great contact balance because so and so says so…..while the stats say otherwise. 

Paging doctors @Solomon Grundy @Iron Maiden@SoCal Deek

Devin Singletary had some of the best contact balance coming out of college 😎

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

It’s Joe Marino. The same guy that said Allen sucked. Breece Hall is just fine, and if we allow ourselves to listen to a guy that said what he said about a top 3 QB in the league, then have fun I guess. 

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Singletary proved to be pretty good the latter part of last season.  Singletary will do well if the Oline continues to run block well. Plus, the Bills added Duke for some pass catching and Moss has room for improvement. Is the Bills RB situation elite? Obviously no. However, there is no need to pick at RB at pick 25. I'd be more in favor of a dynamic WR vs Breece. Then perhaps get a RB in the latter rounds for depth and competition.  My hope is Booth is still on the board at 25. 

32 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Watch some All-22 film on Breece, he finds his own daylight the majority of the time. Runs are designed to go one way, but because of his vision and cut ability he’s able to find holes 

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Singletary proved to be pretty good the latter part of last season.  Singletary will do well if the Oline continues to run block well. Plus, the Bills added Duke for some pass catching and Moss has room for improvement. Is the Bills RB situation elite? Obviously no. However, there is no need to pick at RB at pick 25. I'd be more in favor of a dynamic WR vs Breece. Then perhaps get a RB in the latter rounds for depth and competition.  My hope is Booth is still on the board at 25. 

Was Duke cut from the lowly Texans?

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

But Jonathan Taylor!

20 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Motor is better than you think. He was a beast down the stretch…..once the OL got their **** together.  Big shock huh?  The OL being the difference…..not the RB.  

7 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Watch some All-22 film on Breece, he finds his own daylight the majority of the time. Runs are designed to go one way, but because of his vision and cut ability he’s able to find holes 

Playing against those stud BIG12 Defense.  Talk about defensive powerhouses!!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Beast said:

I'd rather go into the season with what we have currently. 

Agree. I think with the addition of Duke we will be fine, especially as long as the OL continues where they left off toward end of last season. Also I feel confident the OL will be better than they were those last games too.

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Motor is better than you think. He was a beast down the stretch…..once the OL got their **** together.  Big shock huh?  The OL being the difference…..not the RB.

Exactly.....I don't understand why some aren't taking this into consideration...

• Like (+1) 2

I cant believe this thread is 52 pages long. 

We do not need an elite RB. The potency of the offense is due to Allen's arm and those of the ones he is throwing to. We need to have a competent running game to take the pressure off of Allen and reduce his designed runs. Better blocking will help the running and passing games. 

If Dorsey really wants another RB, get one in round 3 or later. 

Rd 1 is for elite, expensive positions - QB, WR, CB and OTs. If it came down to it, I would rather select an OT or OG before even considering a RB. No first round RBs, not for the Bills and the way their offense is structured. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, CookieG said:

Maybe, maybe not.

He has 532 carries since 2020, so according to PFF he has 3.10 yards after contact per attempt. I don’t think a 0.27 yard per attempt difference from the tweet I posted is gonna move him up the leaderboards much.

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

I'd rather go into the season with what we have currently. 

I like Motor.  He gets the results of a power back in a 5'7" body.  Meaning, he's very good at getting the 3-5 yard gain and doesn't often get caught in the backfield. He's usually leaning forward and stretching for an extra yard or two.

I'd also like a RB that runs under a 4.6 40, at the very least for a change of pace.

I like Hall.

I like Walker. 

But I like the idea of adding to the secondary more, especially with the influx of new QB's in the AFC and what is sure to be an influx of WR talent during the draft. 

Give me Pierre Strong in the 3rd or the 4th.  Or Ty Chandler from North Carolina a little later in the draft. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

He has 532 carries since 2020, so according to PFF he has 3.10 yards after contact per attempt. I don’t think a 0.27 yard per attempt difference from the tweet I posted is gonna move him up the leaderboards much.

And?  

Going by your figures, nearly 1/2 of his total rushing yards came after contact.  That's ...bad?

Buscaglia did mock Rousseau to the Bills last year so that is interesting. If the Bills want Breece Hall at 25 then they're probably not sweating one bit, nobody else is going to take him before us. Could realistically trade down a few spots and still get him, just need to stay ahead of the Jets and Falcons.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Agree. I think with the addition of Duke we will be fine, especially as long as the OL continues where they left off toward end of last season. Also I feel confident the OL will be better than they were those last games too.

Exactly.....I don't understand why some aren't taking this into consideration...

I do.

Jonathan Taylor Finger Guns GIF by Indianapolis Colts

35 minutes ago, NewEra said:

But Jonathan Taylor!

Playing against those stud BIG12 Defense.  Talk about defensive powerhouses!!  

@IronMaidenBills
what do you disagree with?  

jonathan Taylor?

devin is better than you think?

the big12 defenses are powerhouse’s?