Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

7 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Buscaglia did mock Rousseau to the Bills last year so that is interesting. If the Bills want Breece Hall at 25 then they're probably not sweating one bit, nobody else is going to take him before us. Could realistically trade down a few spots and still get him, just need to stay ahead of the Jets and Falcons.

Oh yeah, it’s happening! Just embrace it everyone, don’t fight it. Just let it happen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I cant believe this thread is 52 pages long. 

We do not need an elite RB. The potency of the offense is due to Allen's arm and those of the ones he is throwing to. We need to have a competent running game to take the pressure off of Allen and reduce his designed runs. Better blocking will help the running and passing games. 

If Dorsey really wants another RB, get one in round 3 or later. 

Rd 1 is for elite, expensive positions - QB, WR, CB and OTs. If it came down to it, I would rather select an OT or OG before even considering a RB. No first round RBs, not for the Bills and the way their offense is structured. 

Well said. You took the words right out of my mouth. 👍

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Just let it happen bro, it will be easier if you just accept that Breece Hall will be our pick. 

If he is our pick it likely won't be with their 1st pick. Never can tell for sure so I guess anything can happen. But I highly doubt

45 minutes ago, CookieG said:

I like Motor.  He gets the results of a power back in a 5'7" body.  Meaning, he's very good at getting the 3-5 yard gain and doesn't often get caught in the backfield. He's usually leaning forward and stretching for an extra yard or two.

I'd also like a RB that runs under a 4.6 40, at the very least for a change of pace.

I like Hall.

I like Walker. 

But I like the idea of adding to the secondary more, especially with the influx of new QB's in the AFC and what is sure to be an influx of WR talent during the draft. 

Give me Pierre Strong in the 3rd or the 4th.  Or Ty Chandler from North Carolina a little later in the draft. 

You just so happen to have one in Duke Johnson- 4.47.   Another solid RB that played very well at the end of the season.  He was much better than the other Miami Rbs last season.  4.6 ypc behind a bad OL and average over 10 yards per reception

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Buscaglia did mock Rousseau to the Bills last year so that is interesting. If the Bills want Breece Hall at 25 then they're probably not sweating one bit, nobody else is going to take him before us. Could realistically trade down a few spots and still get him, just need to stay ahead of the Jets and Falcons.

None of those guys know who the Bills are going to draft. They're just guessing like everyone else

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CookieG said:

And?  

Going by your figures, nearly 1/2 of his total rushing yards came after contact.  That's ...bad?

When you play in the garbage defense big 12 it’s definitely not good. As the tweet I posted (that you replied to) said, he was 17th out of 18 big 12 RBs in yards after contact per attempt.

For comparison, Kenneth walker ( 263 carries) averaged 4.44 yards per attempt after contact in a wayyyy tougher conference.

• Thank you (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

When you play in the garbage defense big 12 it’s definitely not good. As the tweet I posted (that you replied to) said, he was 17th out of 18 big 12 RBs in yards after contact per attempt.

For comparison, Kenneth walker ( 263 carries) averaged 4.44 yards per attempt after contact in a wayyyy tougher conference.

Yeah I think Walker is better. His game against Michigan seals it for me. I mean all those Michigan dudes who are going to get drafted this weekend and Walker just ate them up. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I think Walker is better. His game against Michigan seals it for me. I mean all those Michigan dudes who are going to get drafted this weekend and Walker just ate them up. 

Agree but wonder if they want a RB from a zone scheme 

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They do, which is why Breece Hall makes a ton of sense. I’m not saying Walker is a bad RB, he’s not, but Breece  fits this team a lot better. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

It is hard to tell with what they have done this year so far, but Kromer, with athletic linemen seems to lean that way. Brady was a zone guy as well, and Dorsey seems to have experience in both. At his roots, Dorsey is a Dennis Erickson one back spread zone guy. Coaching wise Dorsey has learned under Mike Shula, Rob Chudzinski, Daboll.

I think Walker is good in any scheme, I don't think he is just a zone back. And I think Walker and Hall will be successful, but Walker is better. Neither should be their pick in the first.  

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/16/2022 at 11:55 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

4.39   40.   6’ 1” 217lbs.  A faster and bigger Marshawn Lynch.  Breece can run, catch, and block. He has 2 seasons with over 1,400 yards rushing. Out of all the running backs this year, he is the one I want the most. I really hope we can finally get a star RB to compliment Allen. I would roll with Breece and Singletary. 

Yea, nah. 

I've watched Hall play up close against my Oklahoma State Cowboys and while he's good, he's not someone I'm taken back by. Players like Thurman, Barry, AD, Ricky Williams... I was astounded watching. Not so much with Hall. He's good, but Chuba Hubbard (OSU's 2,000+ yard RB from 2019) was better in college IMO and I wouldn't have drafted Hubbard (like Carolina ended up doing). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Just let it happen bro, it will be easier if you just accept that Breece Hall will be our pick. 

I don't mind a scenario where the Bills trade back, get an extra pick(s), and select Hall in the 40s range. I don't think it's a smart pick at 25. 

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Yea, nah. 

I've watched Hall play up close against my Oklahoma State Cowboys and while he's good, he's not someone I'm taken back by. Players like Thurman, Barry, AD, Ricky Williams... I was astounded watching. Not so much with Hall. He's good, but Chuba Hubbard (OSU's 2,000+ yard RB from 2019) was better in college IMO and I wouldn't have drafted Hubbard (like Carolina ended up doing). 

Hall has the same body type, nearly same production as Jonathan Taylor and similar playing styles. He fits what the Bills want to do. I can’t wait until Thursday. I can’t wait for people to see Hall drafted by us. It will be glorious. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1