Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I would argue a running back at 25 is not the same as a running at 5. Trading down to 33 and now the pick makes sense?

It makes more sense because in trading down you acquired another asset.  But if you love the player at 25 you shouldn't be afraid to take him there if you don't think he'll last until 33.

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Logic said:

This is where I'm at, too. Love the player, but still care about positional value. Will ultimately be fine either way.

Bruce Nolan's analogies in the Tweets below sum up how I feel pretty nicely. The first pertaining to liking a player but recognizing that the positional value is not great, and the second relating to it probably being okay to occasionally make a choice that's not the most efficient or best use of resources, so long as it doesn't happen often.

and

Hahaha….yeah I read those this morning.  Perfect analogies.  

I’ll be excited if Hall is the pick.  Watching great RBs is a treat for my eyes.  Prior to the 2007 draft, I watched Peterson and Lynch highlights any free chance I had.  I was way worse than @IronMaidenBillsand @Solomon Grundy.  I wanted to trade up for Peterson in the worst way, as I thought Peterson was the best rb I had ever seen.  I still feel that way.  Peterson, at his best, was better than anyone. Jmo.  Lynch was a treat as well.  The way he worked his inside out juke was out of control.  The contact he made on almost every would be tackler was satisfying.  Then watching Fred Jackson highlights became my favorite past time.  The way he maximized every run was a work of art.  Nothing more exciting to me in football than a Rb making a few guys miss then taking it to the house.  Which is why I prefer Walker to hall.  Hall is pretty good at making the first guy miss.  Walker is excellent at making everyone miss.  He’s always thinking two moves ahead.  His hips are much looser than Halls are which allows him more lateral movement when he puts his foot in the ground.  I’d rather watch Walker than Hall.  But I feel Hall will be a great back if selected to the right team.

Ps- Breece hall is no Adrian Peterson.  Different realms of greatness. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

I feel like these reporters are just getting lazy and everyone is predicting Breece Hall to the Bills at this point, there's too much smoke.

Smart people understand. All the big NFL guys are saying Breece Hall to Buffalo. It makes sense and it’s the last missing piece to this team and will make Allen more dangerous. Glad to see the people in the know on the Breece Hall train. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillMafia716ix said:

There’s going to be a lot of disappointed fans Thursday night. I just don’t see them blowing a 1st rd pick on a RB. Especially not knowing how Tre White is going to respond coming off his ACL and losing Levi Wallace.

The Bills are smitten with Breece Hall. McDermott wants a Thurman Thomas. McDermott wants Allen to run less. The only disappointed fans on Thursday night are going to be those that don’t want Breece Hall. 

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The Bills are smitten with Breece Hall. McDermott wants a Thurman Thomas. McDermott wants Allen to run less. The only disappointed fans on Thursday night are going to be those that don’t want Breece Hall. 

Beane told the media that he’s smitten with Breece Hall.  Lol.  I have an reaaaaalllly gooooooood investment opportunity for you.  Wanna sign on the dotted line yet?

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Beane told the media that he’s smitten with Breece Hall.  Lol.  I have an reaaaaalllly gooooooood investment opportunity for you.  Wanna sign on the dotted line yet?

People in the know said the Bills were smitten with Breece Hall. They must have connections in high places. The vast majority of the time, they are correct. 

I’m not mad at all at you NewEra, these last few weeks have been incredibly entertaining. If we get him great, if not, great. 

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

People in the know said the Bills were smitten with Breece Hall. They must have connections in high places. The vast majority of the time, they are correct. 

I’m not mad at all at you NewEra, these last few weeks have been incredibly entertaining. If we get him great, if not, great. 

Yeah, people in the know said the bill were smitten with Breece hall.  I 💯 totally believe it.  

14 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

There’s going to be a lot of disappointed fans Thursday night. I just don’t see them blowing a 1st rd pick on a RB. Especially not knowing how Tre White is going to respond coming off his ACL and losing Levi Wallace.

I understand what you are saying -- and if a really good CB that fits the scheme is still on the board when they pick at 25, then I suspect that is the direction they would go. However, there is a very good chance that 5-6 CBs will be gone before they pick.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Love ya bud!  It’s been fun for sure.  Light hearted smack talking is good for the soul.  The best part….I love Breece Hall….. ♥️ 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Yeah, people in the know said the bill were smitten with Breece hall.  I 💯 totally believe it.  

If it were 1 or 2 people saying it, I would shrug it off. But literally every NFL guru and their mother are saying it or mock drafting him to us it seems like lately. Even Buscagalia has the Bills taking Hall. 

Just now, 2003Contenders said:

I understand what you are saying -- and if a really good CB that fits the scheme is still on the board when they pick at 25, then I suspect that is the direction they would go. However, there is a very good chance that 5-6 CBs will be gone before they pick.

Yeah.., I think this is what it’ll boil down to.  Will the corners that Beane has first rd grades on fall to 25.  If one does…. I think they’ll be the pick.  If not….Scream Post Apocalyptic GIF by Arrow Video

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Love ya bud!  It’s been fun for sure.  Light hearted smack talking is good for the soul.  The best part….I love Breece Hall….. ♥️ 

We are likely winning a super bowl regardless of who we draft. The football sicko in me just wants to see pure carnage. I want to see other teams decide between putting 8 in the box or getting the Allen Thor hammer on them. I just want an elite RB, I don’t care who, and no I don’t want to switch team identities. I just want to make it harder for teams to play cover 2 shell all the time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If it were 1 or 2 people saying it, I would shrug it off. But literally every NFL guru and their mother are saying it or mock drafting him to us it seems like lately. Even Buscagalia has the Bills taking Hall. 

No….literally not every guru is saying it.  Some are.  

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

We are likely winning a super bowl regardless of who we draft. The football sicko in me just wants to see pure carnage. I want to see other teams decide between putting 8 in the box or getting the Allen Thor hammer on them. I just want an elite RB, I don’t care who, and no I don’t want to switch team identities. I just want to make it harder for teams to play cover 2 shell all the time. 

I hear ya.  I’d love an elite rb too.  I’ve just been much more enamored with other RBs in the past as well as in this draft.  Walker all day

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Hey @NewErahere's an analogy you'd love. You saw a pair of Levi jeans at TJ Maxx that you liked but you wanted to buy the same pair at Marshall's miles away because they were $5 less

Good one.  I bet you thought that one up on your own huh?  It shows.  Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  I’d love an elite rb too.  I’ve just been much more enamored with other RBs in the past as well as in this draft.  Walker all day

If Beane and co see walker as the elite RB, so be it. I wouldn’t even mind trading for an elite RB. I’m just tired of watching teams play 2 high safeties all the time with no teams afraid of Singletary. Singletary is a good RB (good ypa), but teams still aren’t afraid of him. Teams are afraid of Henry, teams are afraid of Taylor, etc. When you have teams playing 8 in the box most of the game, that shows you where their fear lies. I want to punish teams from keeping the house back on Allen.