Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

4 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

You’re 100% correct. The Big 12 has a lot of terrible defenses that turn every RB in the conference into a broken tackle machine.

PFF stats are more reliable. Don’t listen to hack Marino.

Edited by IronMaidenBills

24 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

You can improve on it.   If he is smart enough to know where to go he will be ok.  If he doesnt show the needed effort he wont play.  Thats different than college. Im not overly concerned.  Most top backs are not great at that in college.

I like the back.  I don’t like it @ 25

13 minutes ago, gobills404 said:
You’re 100% correct. The Big 12 has a lot of terrible defenses that turn every RB in the conference into a broken tackle machine.

Who knows though, I think I also watched Allen's highlights when we drafted him and didnt think his throwing mechanics were ever going to work in the NFL and complained that the Bills never draft the consensus top guy like the Jets were (to get Darnold)😃

49 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

PFF stats are more reliable. Don’t listen to hack Marino.

Are we listening to Marino…or looking at stats that Marino showed you to exist because you didn’t know.  It’s not Marino’s opinion….he just stated facts…..facts that oppose your stance….so don’t listen to him…..listen to pff

37 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Who knows though, I think I also watched Allen's highlights when we drafted him and didnt think his throwing mechanics were ever going to work in the NFL and complained that the Bills never draft the consensus top guy like the Jets were (to get Darnold)😃

You were right.  His throwing mechanics weren’t ever going to work in the nfl.  He had to change them completely 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Are we listening to Marino…or looking at stats that Marino showed you to exist because you didn’t know.  It’s not Marino’s opinion….he just stated facts…..facts that oppose your stance….so don’t listen to him…..listen to pff

I like Breece Hall and like that he broke the NCAA record for most consecutive games with a rushing TD (24). If we are investing in a RB like Hall high, it better mean Josh can reduce some of the red zone rushing beating he has taken.

But watching him play, I am not surprised of the stats Marino posted. Hall is not much for breaking tackles. Good at avoiding tacklers but not super strong through contact.

Thankfully their is only 2 more days of this until this speculation is over

7 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I like Breece Hall and like that he broke the NCAA record for most consecutive games with a rushing TD (24). If we are investing in a RB like Hall high, it better mean Josh can reduce some of the red zone rushing beating he has taken.

But watching him play, I am not surprised of the stats Marino posted. Hall is not much for breaking tackles. Good at avoiding tacklers but not super strong through contact.

Thankfully their is only 2 more days of this until this speculation is over

Agreed.  He’s my #2 behind Walker.

and in 2 more days, I think our rb depth chart will be Motor-Duke-Moss+ a 4th-6th rd rb 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

You were right.  His throwing mechanics weren’t ever going to work in the nfl.  He had to change them completely 

Marino’s stats are wrong, PFF stats don’t align with the numbers he’s throwing out there. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  He’s my #2 behind Walker.

and in 2 more days, I think our rb depth chart will be Motor-Duke-Moss+ a 4th-6th rd rb 

Yea Walker is my #1 too, though there were those rumors that he may have an injury concern

Haha yea I think we are in for future Buffalo Bill Rachaad White, Hasan Haskins, Isaiah Pacheco, etc. lol

After watching all those additional highlights, I think it’s clear to say that Bryce is a home run runner who can take it to the house, has phenomenal vision, great balance, awesome 1v1 moves, has a nose for the end zone, is an effortless runner and has great hands.

He definitely would be a clear upgrade over what we currently have.

11 minutes ago, Magox said:

After watching all those additional highlights, I think it’s clear to say that Bryce is a home run runner who can take it to the house, has phenomenal vision, great balance, awesome 1v1 moves, has a nose for the end zone, is an effortless runner and has great hands.

He definitely would be a clear upgrade over what we currently have.

Andrew booth, Dax Hill and Kyler Gordon are clear upgrades over dane and every other boundary cb not name White.

Zion Johnson is a clear upgrade over bates and would take saffolds sport next year.  

Every WR is a clear upgrade over Jameson Crowder.

1st rd picks are usually upgrades over several positions…..which position is most important?  Not RB

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Andrew booth, Dax Hill and Kyler Gordon are clear upgrades over dane and every other boundary cb not name White.

Zion Johnson is a clear upgrade over bates and would take saffolds sport next year.  

Every WR is a clear upgrade over Jameson Crowder.

1st rd picks are usually upgrades over several positions…..which position is most important?  Not RB

I'm not advocating for him to be the first pick, I'm making a comment on his skills and that by adding him to the team, he would be a clear upgrade.

But if he was, I wouldn't be upset.   The delta to what he can provide to this offense would be significant.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

I'm not advocating for him to be the first pick, I'm making a comment on his skills and that by adding him to the team, he would be a clear upgrade.

But if he was, I wouldn't be upset.   The delta to what he can provide to this offense would be significant.

Agreed

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

I love that the past 9 or so pages of this 59 page thread are mostly just @NewEra and @IronMaidenBills going round and round in circles about Breece Hall. As if either of you are going to change the other one's mind at this point.

Thursday night can't get here soon enough. 😅

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

I love that the past 9 or so pages of this 59 page thread are mostly just @NewEra and @IronMaidenBills going round and round in circles about Breece Hall. As if either of you are going to change the other one's mind at this point.

Thursday night can't get here soon enough. 😅

Don’t forget @Solomon Grundy!! 

i really like Breece Hall.  I’d love to see him in a Bills uniform.  I’m just here to block out the sun. 

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Don’t forget @Solomon Grundy!! 

i really like Breece Hall.  I’d love to see him in a Bills uniform.  I’m just here to block out the sun. 

This is where I'm at, too. Love the player, but still care about positional value. Will ultimately be fine either way.

Bruce Nolan's analogies in the Tweets below sum up how I feel pretty nicely. The first pertaining to liking a player but recognizing that the positional value is not great, and the second relating to it probably being okay to occasionally make a choice that's not the most efficient or best use of resources, so long as it doesn't happen often.

and

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Logic said:

This is where I'm at, too. Love the player, but still care about positional value. Will ultimately be fine either way.

Bruce Nolan's analogies about drafting a good player (Hall) at a spot where the positional value is less than ideal (pick 25) sum up how I feel pretty nicely:

and

If its a multi million dollar home you might go with the 10,000 smoker.  I understand the never running back crowd.  I would argue a running back at 25 is not the same as a running at 5. Trading down to 33 and now the pick makes sense?  If the Bills think he is an impact player why not?  In a draft lacking impact player, finding one regardless of position makes sense. 

• Like (+1) 1