Josh McDaniels to Raiders

YoloinOhio

They should have just kept their interim coach he did a really good job considering the circumstances. The Raiders are stuck in no mans land, solid QB and solid roster but not elite in any respect. And in a division with an elite QB and an up and coming QB with elite potential. 

• Agree 1

Nice...looks like Bill O'Brien will probably be coming back to NE

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My favorite thing on Twitter right now is all the pats fans saying McDaniels has been the one holding back McCorkle, and now that he’s gone he will be “unleashed” 💀

Lmao! McDaniels has been holding him back because he knows that's the only way they can win with him.

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

What is this...the 10th or 11th attempt by and NFL team at raiding the Patriots for a GM and HC and attempting to build what is in NE? Those that don't study history are doomed to repeat it. 

If you win a lot you will lose staff to other teams. Not any different than what’s happening to the Bills now. McDaniels has had a couple long stints in NE. I’ve always thought his offensive schemes were pretty impressive. 

6 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I wish we’d get him if that’s the case. Our ST this year left a lot to be desired. 

I believe our STs were ranked in the top five again by the Dallas Morning News this season. Pretty much the last word on NFL STs rankings fwiw

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

If you win a lot you will lose staff to other teams. Not any different than what’s happening to the Bills now. McDaniels has had a couple long stints in NE. I’ve always thought his offensive schemes were pretty impressive. 

Right. 

Has nothing to do with the fact that team after team keeps chasing a model to build that has failed time and time again. 

On 1/27/2022 at 8:16 PM, Chicken Boo said:

Why is McDaniels still a hot candidate?  The ***** has he done recently?

And after that sh*t he pulled on the Colts, why would any team want any part of him? He also failed in Denver. Just like every other Bill Belichick disciple

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Right. 

Has nothing to do with the fact that team after team keeps chasing a model to build that has failed time and time again. 

The model is you bring in staff from successful teams in the league. The results of that model have more to do with the individual than anything else. Some do well and some don’t. It’s not as if a potential HC is destined to fail because of who they worked under previously. 

2 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

well - most recently, helped coach a rookie QB to the playoffs. 

Yep. I’d pass on him after the fiasco with Indy, but I think his work has been impressive. More so than any of the previous NE staff hires. I also thought Flores did a good job, but clearly had some issues with ownership. He shouldn’t have been fired imo. 

41 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

They should have just kept their interim coach he did a really good job considering the circumstances. The Raiders are stuck in no mans land, solid QB and solid roster but not elite in any respect. And in a division with an elite QB and an up and coming QB with elite potential. 

Not to mention a conference that’s stacked full of them. They might sneak into the playoffs like they did this year, but it’s certainly a long shot. 

23 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

So much for a few people here telling me McDaniel's name is mud and he wouldn't get offered another HC gig. If people think you can help them win games they don't give a damn what your reputation is or how much of a dick you've been

Jon Gruden would beg to differ. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Jon Gruden would beg to differ. 

if Gruden was one of the hottest coaches in the league who had won a SB in the past couple of years I guarantee he'd get forgiven and would be re-hired in a year or 2. A quick trip into therapy, a well hyped interview where he talks about his demons and that would be it

On 1/27/2022 at 8:16 PM, Chicken Boo said:

Why is McDaniels still a hot candidate?  The ***** has he done recently?

Turned a rookie Alabama QB led, Brady-less 7-9  team into a 10 win playoff team that challenged the Bills for the division to the end of the season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.