Bills sign 12 players to futures deals

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Bills sign 10 players to futures deals
2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmm, I thought Beach Boy was gone, good to see him hanging around.  We so badly need Hodgins and Gentry to push to make this roster.

Just now, maddenboy said:

Good.

I'm ready to move on.  Thanks for posting something forward-looking. 

(and i think i speak for all of us when I say "thank you for bringing back the Yellow Dog")

Hear Hear on the "Yellow Dog" 😉

• Like (+1) 1

Any of these guys an elite pass-rusher?

No, seriously. I think all three young defensive ends, Epenesa, Groot and Boogie have untapped potential.

We have to give them a month off and then meet the coaches, trainers, etc. to learn and get way stronger.

Truth is we didn't draft Groot and Basham for this year. We drafted them for next season and on into the future.

I hope all three are ready to commit to becoming great. Maybe even convert Basham to more of a another small DT that can really penetrate up the middle. This should be an offseason priority for everyone involved.

Gotta really nail that draft as well, make every pick count.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’m surprised they didn’t sign that Punter they had on the squad to a FC as Hawk is a FA.  

…and Shaq Lawson

I think anything with Shaq might be announced separately. These seem like all the guys who were already on the PS. Does this mean hands off for Joe Schoen? 

Interesting no Antonio Williams 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like some of those guys.  Esp. Hodgins was highly regarded, I think more so than Davis as a rookie, then kept getting hurt?  

Quintin Morris was a stud at Bowling Green I think.  That of course means nothing, but he could turn into a capable TE.  Perhaps he can attend TE Univ.  Seemed to help Knox a lot.  

31 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Maybe even convert Basham to more of a another small DT that can really penetrate up the middle.

We need a big body next to Oliver. Moving Basham around for situational rushes is fine but we need someone bigger and better than Star.  Although Harry started to come into his own the last third of the season.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK so guys on the PS who were not signed:

DT Eli Ankou

P Jamie Gillian

OL Evin Ksiezarczyk

QB Davis Webb

RB Antonio Williams

Olaijah Griffin is not reported as one of those 10 but signing was reported by Garafolo

Davis Webb that's a bit of a surprise.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Can we PLEASE give Hodgins an actual chance this next year?

Why?

What has he shown to deserve a shot? Not that I trust this team to evaluate talent, but what have you seen in practice or pre-season to warrant him getting a look?  People made the same wishes for Sweeney and he is terrible.  

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why?

What has he shown to deserve a shot? Not that I trust this team to evaluate talent, but what have you seen in practice or pre-season to warrant him getting a look?  People made the same wishes for Sweeney and he is terrible.  

You don’t trust the team to evaluate talent really mean I know people are upset right now but think about what you’re saying

On 1/24/2022 at 6:47 PM, Sweats said:

I don't care who we signed.......i don't really want to talk about any of this today..........maybe tomorrow.

I finally sat in the same chair again today where i had watched the end of the game Sunday night with my damn sweet potato.      It was like re-entering a crime scene…

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.