McKenzie playing scout team Tyreek Hill

YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Definitely similarly twitchy.

Our offense is much more versatile with McKenzie regularly involved. 

Agreed.  I was so confused to why they just stopped using him in the playoffs last year and the first 3/4 of this season for the most part.  

Up until the 2nd patriot game he had 11 targets (7 catches) and 6 rushes. That’s a ridiculously low number of touches for someone with his ability.  

I’ve been saying it all year, he needs to be part of the offense as well as a long term part of this franchise. He’s everything you want in a player minus the fumbles.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  I was so confused to why they just stopped using him in the playoffs last year and the first 3/4 of this season for the most part.  

Up until the 2nd patriot game he had 11 targets (7 catches) and 6 rushes. That’s a ridiculously low number of touches for someone with his ability.  

I’ve been saying it all year, he needs to be part of the offense as well as a long term part of this franchise. He’s everything you want in a player minus the fumbles.  

McKenzie is a free agent after this year. New England has a good chunk of cap space next year. After what McKenzie did to them this past year, let's hope Belichick or some other team doesn't try to steal him away with a huge $$ offer. If Beasley is indeed gone next year, we need McKenzie to move in and take over his role on the team.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LittleSammy said:

McKenzie is a free agent after this year. New England has a good chunk of cap space next year. After what McKenzie did to them this past year, let's hope Belichick or some other team doesn't try to steal him away with a huge $$ offer. If Beasley is indeed gone next year, we need McKenzie to move in and take over his role on the team.

the pats have 2.5M in cap space.  

he’s going to get a “huge money offer”?  I think you have a strange definition of huge money offer. 

I don’t see him signing with the pats.  Little to no chance imo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

McKenzie should play Tyreek Hill on the regular Bills offense!

12 minutes ago, LittleSammy said:

Not NE.  If they spend significant money on a WR, it will for a WR1.  McKenzie has untapped potential but I don’t think that’s his ceiling.  

Ironically his hometown team Miami was interested last season and offered him a deal close to what Buffalo did, which is why he re-signed.  I can see them making him a big offer 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree. Isaiah is fast (4.40) but Tyreek (4.29) has an extra gear and twitchiness that McKittrick doesn't have. I'd still give him a ton of touches this Sunday. 

I think the big difference between the two is in their straight line speed, but both players have insanely fast acceleration and twitchiness.

• Like (+1) 4

Again, no idea why McKenzie has not been part of our game plan all season. 

Still only plays 25% - 34% of our snaps even after clearly becoming more productive than Beasley. 

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If he continues playing well he will be back in Buffalo on a 3 year deal next season.

3,4,5 million for the 3 years ($12M total) gets it done IMO.  

I don't see him wanting to leave and I see his best football is still in front of him.

Why would he want to come back to Buffalo? 

This staff doesn't hardly use him. 

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yep, and since he is back on the field he is playing his best at the WR spot.

He started the last 2 games and I'm curious if he starts Sunday night.

I guess we shall see.

10 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Again, no idea why McKenzie has not been part of our game plan all season. 

Still only plays 25% - 34% of our snaps even after clearly becoming more productive than Beasley. 

I think he has started to surpass Beasly in terms of snaps, so hopefully that helps, but I am worried how the whole returner situation has gone down.

9 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Sadly midseason he will still in Sean's doggie house for the shoddy return work - forever and a day THAT will bug me!!!

At the same time, he is healthy and playing the best football of his life right now at the right time. 

Sometimes a reset is needed in order to get someone on the same page as everyone else. Not saying that was 100% the case. But maybe McD thought he needed some coaching to get him prepared for where he is right now, a focal point of our offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Similar for sure but Hill has those after burners that McKenzie doesn't. 

You’re right. Allen would be the more apt Bills comparison. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Just having to account for the jet sweep along is worth it, but he definitely brings more than just that to the table.

I do, however, want a different returner. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Let's make McKenzie the Bills Tyreek Hill instead of the scout team Tyreek Hill!!

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw this post!  McKenzie is a weapon that we need to use more often.  When used extensively, such as in the 2nd Miami game last year, and the 2nd New England game this year, he's come up very large.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Well that was the problem

Fumbled in Denver.. fumbled when he got here.. fumbled in practice.. muffed punts, fumbled kick return

No matter how talented a guy is you just can't trust him eventually and he has to earn it

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

You’re right. Allen would be the more apt Bills comparison. 

Just having to account for the jet sweep along is worth it, but he definitely brings more than just that to the table.

I do, however, want a different returner. 

def more than just a jet sweep threat.  That kind of speed just needs an OC to make something happen for him.  

agreed about needing a new returner.  He can’t be trusted on returns anymore.  I hope it’s Micah for the rest of the postseason 

36 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well that was the problem

Fumbled in Denver.. fumbled when he got here.. fumbled in practice.. muffed punts, fumbled kick return

No matter how talented a guy is you just can't trust him eventually and he has to earn it

any idea how many fumbles he has on offense?  Not including ST?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

def more than just a jet sweep threat.  That kind of speed just needs an OC to make something happen for him.  

agreed about needing a new returner.  He can’t be trusted on returns anymore.  I hope it’s Micah for the rest of the postseason 

any idea how many fumbles he has on offense?  Not including ST?

I don't think it's that many since he got here ... Maybe 1 or 2 

But he also took 40 plus returns.. and only had 20 catches this season

So he has a lot more chance to put it on the carpet while returning  .

McDermott did say it was an issue in practice... And it's hard to give somebody a full load when they are fumbling in practice

Excellent using whole roster to prepare for the Chiefs.

For next year, letting Beasley go saves $6 million on the cap. Cordarrelle Patterson made $3 million this year for Atlanta. Sanders was about $4.6 million on cap this year. 

Allen will attract WRs to Buffalo. If Beasley and Sanders do not return, Davis is #2, sign both McKenzie and Patterson who probably cost no more than $7 million combined and you have 2 WR slots filled and Patterson can return kicks. Stevenson returns punts. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think it's that many since he got here ... Maybe 1 or 2 

But he also took 40 plus returns.. and only had 20 catches this season

So he has a lot more chance to put it on the carpet while returning  .

McDermott did say it was an issue in practice... And it's hard to give somebody a full load when they are fumbling in practice

I don’t think he has any on offense.  He had 6 his rookie year and 2 the following year.  None the next 2 years and 2 this season.  Like you said though, he hasn’t had many touches on O.  

i don’t think he should have a full load, but I think he should’ve been getting a minimum of 3-4 plays a game where he’s the #1 option, running or receiving and another  5-10 where he’s in motion as a decoy. The opposing D has to account for his speed. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

If he continues playing well he will be back in Buffalo on a 3 year deal next season.

3,4,5 million for the 3 years ($12M total) gets it done IMO.  

I don't see him wanting to leave and I see his best football is still in front of him.

He had Christmas dinner with a random Polish family. I think he likes it here. Make him a good offer and keep the fella. We need that burner speed in this offense.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

Excellent using whole roster to prepare for the Chiefs.

For next year, letting Beasley go saves $6 million on the cap. Cordarrelle Patterson made $3 million this year for Atlanta. Sanders was about $4.6 million on cap this year. 

Allen will attract WRs to Buffalo. If Beasley and Sanders do not return, Davis is #2, sign both McKenzie and Patterson who probably cost no more than $7 million combined and you have 2 WR slots filled and Patterson can return kicks. Stevenson returns punts. 

Spotrac sets Pattersons market value @ 9.1M.  

i agree.  I’d LOVE for our backfield to be motor and Patterson next year with Patterson returning kicks and Isaiah being used as WR and on jet sweeps. 

i wouldn’t pencil Stevenson in anywhere but the PS

Edited by NewEra

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If Daboll leaves as expected, he may re-sign 

I think he loves Buffalo and will re-sign.  I think all he needs to hear from McDermott is that he will be a regular rotational player at least.  

There seemed to be some tension from McKenzie's end after the benching but things seem good now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.