Why so many tickets left?

out

1) Fewer Canadians

2) Unvax'd can't go

3) Vax'd people who are still concerned about Covid in a large crowd

4) People who actually have Covid or will be close contacts by Saturday

5) Cold as hell

None of these things help attendance.

#3 and #5 are influencing me not to go....I like my TV where I can yell and scream in peace, in front of the fireplace. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

All I know is thank god for Kathy Hochul telling all us Bills fans how much we love freezing our arses off to watch football and that we want to continue doing this forever...

Even our QB says he hates this ***** but let's keep it open air for all the old farts who say "that's how the game is meant to be played" even though they themselves are entirely to old to tolerate what's coming Saturday Night.

Jesus dude ... Not liking it and being able to play in it are completely different 

Josh is a millionaire getting payed to play a game.. he played at Wyoming where it gets plenty cold  

No player loves it.. but they all absolutely understand it's part of the game of football

You do realize the bills are 11 and 1 at home at the Ralph in the playoffs? Which takes place in not good weather 

It's absolutely an advantage because other quarterbacks coming here are going to struggle a lot worse than Josh.. we have a better chance of winning if Josh could make more plays than the other team's quarterback which he will be able to do

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/12/2022 at 6:44 PM, artmalibu said:

You would think Saturday night would be an easy time to make.  Even if people needed to travel and spend the night there would be no need to take time off of work.  

I heard -3 with the wind chill, but would not figure that would scare Bills fans off...

I have been a dyed in the wool Bills fan for more than half century or so on this orb and I have been to 200 or so games over that time, including a Super Bowl and the coldest Bills home game ever against the Raiders.

...but that was roughly 30 years ago and when I read your "-3 with the wind chill" a little bit of pee came out. 

I shall suffer through my humiliation with the 135" * screen in my  living room, now...please...look away from me. 

(* humble brag, if you like big screens)

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Pats fans mocking us on their message board for not selling out the stadium, and they are right. 

That's sad man. Grow a pair and buy the tickets. Having to deal with cheering Pats fans on Saturday is not going to help. 

I don’t think they’re going either lol the pats sideline is much more empty that has a lot to do with why they’re not selling actually 🤣

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Pats fans mocking us on their message board for not selling out the stadium, and they are right. 

That's sad man. Grow a pair and buy the tickets. Having to deal with cheering Pats fans on Saturday is not going to help. 

The irony is that this board LOVES to make fun at Patriots fans based on the assertion that they are not "real football fans" or let's say, they are casual fans.

Like if Patriots have a 4 win season, the stadium will be half empty in Foxboro as Patriots fans find new interests.

The irony to THAT of course is that when the Bills have been that bad in the past, we've had crowds of 30,000 in what was an 80,000 seat stadium.

Folks forget we were NOT selling out all playoff games in the SB era, like the big comeback game against Houston.

But then we are constantly reminded that we are the best fanbase in the NFL.  

🤔

• Dislike 2

11 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Those are all secondary tickets 

The Buffalo Bills themselves have only not sold like 400 tickets... 

The Bills sold 70,000 Plus... And something tells me a lot of Pats fans are not going to travel

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Folks writing "Get a dome" at this forum is not going to have any impact whatsoever on reality....or us actually getting a dome.

It just comes across as highly annoying whining and complaining, and is wasted energy.

How about coming up with a new battle cry?  

How about calling for a return to the standing bison on our helmets for all games, or something that might actually happen?

Stop whining and complaining 

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The irony is that this board LOVES to make fun at Patriots fans based on the assertion that they are not "real football fans" or let's say, they are casual fans.

Like if Patriots have a 4 win season, the stadium will be half empty in Foxboro as Patriots fans find new interests.

The irony to THAT of course is that when the Bills have been that bad in the past, we've had crowds of 30,000 in what was an 80,000 seat stadium.

Folks forget we were NOT selling out all playoff games in the SB era, like the big comeback game against Houston.

🤔

The only home playoff game in bills history that was technically not sold out

And the only one that was blacked out

Whether Russ Salvatore had to buy a couple thousand tickets here and there is not part of a question... But only one game was blacked out

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

🤔

I mean the Canadian border is more or less closed and they cut off a huge metro area.  Getting back into the country is just too difficult.  Imagine making fans from the city of Boston jump through hoops to attend a pats game and what that would do to their attendance figures lol 

22 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Im flying from Vegas for the game

• Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Being you’re an Adams, I don’t trust you aren’t a Pats fan. I’d think John Adams would go for the Pats, being a Boston guy and all. 😆 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

🤔

The years of 30K crowds seems like a long time ago. Throughout the drought era 2010’s, we had great success selling tickets. I’m not a big homer, I’m willing to see flaws in things. We don’t always need to say we’re the best at everything, but it’s not a lie to say the Red Sox rule Boston. Football is a secondary fanhood for most New England folks. It just took on more meaning when the Pats became winners. Buffalo people live for this team. I’m not holding it against Buffalo folks for not showing up during some bleak years in the 70’s, or a playoff game in the 90’s. This entire region is glued to the television on gameday, Boston is nothing like that. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

The years of 30K crowds seems like a long time ago. Throughout the drought era 2010’s, we had great success selling tickets. I’m not a big homer, I’m willing to see flaws in things. We don’t always need to say we’re the best at everything, but it’s not a lie to say the Red Sox rule Boston. Football is a secondary fanhood for most New England folks. It just took on more meaning when the Pats became winners. Buffalo people live for this team. I’m not holding it against Buffalo folks for not showing up during some bleak years in the 70’s, or a playoff game in the 90’s. This entire region is glued to the television on gameday, Boston is nothing like that. 

Exactly 

We do have some downsides as a fan base... 

But the fandom in Buffalo goes well beyond the 70,000 at the ralph on a Sunday ... Every dick Harry and Jane on the west side east side cheektowaga West Seneca Lancaster Amherst are glued to the bills 

I've been all over the country.. Buffalo is the only football city in America where the term go (insert team name)  can be used as a term of greeting or goodbye

Patriots fans don't say go pats to say hi and bye lol

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3

I wouldn’t expect the dummies in Boston to understand this but a lot of this is economics too 😂 I’m not sure how they determine what’s a ‘sellout’ but if the bills are selling official tickets for more money than they’re going for on the resale sites…who’s gonna buy them before all the resold tickets are scooped up.  And seeing as the resold tickets are dropping 10-20 dollars in price per day why wouldn’t people wait til gameday to buy them.

I’ve only seen official resale tickets on Ticketmaster so I can’t imagine how many original straight from the bills tickets are left 

And as I mentioned earlier a majority of the unsold resale tickets on the third party sites are right behind the pats bench 

34 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Those are all secondary tickets 

The Buffalo Bills themselves have only not sold like 400 tickets... 

The Bills sold 70,000 Plus... And something tells me a lot of Pats fans are not going to travel

Ah so the Boston media is just a bunch of fools and looking at the resale market haha there’s always a bunch of unsold resale tickets up until gameday a lot of people wait til then to scoop them up 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I wouldn’t expect the dummies in Boston to understand this but a lot of this is economics too 😂 I’m not sure how they determine what’s a ‘sellout’ but if the bills are selling official tickets for more money than they’re going for on the resale sites…who’s gonna buy them before all the resold tickets are scooped up.  And seeing as the resold tickets are dropping 10-20 dollars in price per day why wouldn’t people wait til gameday to buy them.

I’ve only seen official resale tickets on Ticketmaster so I can’t imagine how many original straight from the bills tickets are left 

And as I mentioned earlier a majority of the unsold resale tickets on the third party sites are right behind the pats bench 

Ah so the Boston media is just a bunch of fools and looking at the resale market 😂

Yes they are 

47 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Pats fans aren't buying tickets in droves. The price would be going up, not down, if they were.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Pats fans aren't buying tickets in droves. The price would be going up, not down, if they were.

I’ll keep an eye out on the thruway…usually I ran into some pats fans at rest stops 😂 I suspect almost none of them are traveling though and that’s one of the main issues 

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The only home playoff game in bills history that was technically not sold out

And the only one that was blacked out

Whether Russ Salvatore had to buy a couple thousand tickets here and there is not part of a question... But only one game was blacked out

Crazy circumstances too........the Bills were in line to be the #1 seed with a bye, they just needed to beat Houston in the finale..........but were blown out 27-3 Sunday December 27th by that Oilers team that knocked the Bills into an unexpected January 3rd WC game.........add in that Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas were both injured in that game and knocked out of the WC round and Cornelius Bennett was also sidelined.

So a crazy let down and turn of events and they had just 4 days to manually sell about 40K tickets for an unexpected game for a seemingly terrible matchup.........which meant people getting in crazy lines around the stadium in the cold.    

Only a cluster of epic proportions like that lead to that not being sold out in time to not be blacked out.

Bills gave up 62 points to the Oilers without scoring a TD over those 6 quarters of football.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

All I know is thank god for Kathy Hochul telling all us Bills fans how much we love freezing our arses off to watch football and that we want to continue doing this forever...

Even our QB says he hates this ***** but let's keep it open air for all the old farts who say "that's how the game is meant to be played" even though they themselves are entirely to old to tolerate what's coming Saturday Night.

Hochul is taking her cues from Pegula(s).  Don’t believe otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

They aren't coming either.

https://nesn.com/2022/01/why-are-so-many-cheap-patriots-bills-playoff-tickets-still-available/

😝 . Just because the Cheating Putz charge $150 for nose bleed seats doesn’t mean OBD will!!!!

Arizona Cardinals at Los Angeles Rams: $70.00
Pittsburgh Steelers at Kansas City Chiefs: $98.01
Philadelphia Eagles at Tampa Bay Buccaneers: $151.00
San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys: $158.00
Las Vegas Raiders at Cincinnati Bengals: $180.00

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The one point that's missing, is we're talking about reselling tickets

Not tickets bought from the bills...  

These are secondary tickets that have already been bought... And there's only one people that could buy them vaccinated people

If unvaccinated people could buy them more would be sold guaranteed.. because there are unvaccinated people that want to go 

There weren't a lot of tickets on resale in October because the majority of the 50,000 season ticket holders were going to the games.. now that there's thousands selling them somebody has to buy them

And only vaccinated people can

But they had to be vaxxed in October too.  This is no different.  

1.  Season ticket holders had to be vaxxed then just like they do now.  No change

2. Season ticket holders bought playoff tickets knowing they had to be vaxxed

The difference is the weather and not much else.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

But they had to be vaxxed in October too.  This is no different.  

1.  Season ticket holders had to be vaxxed then just like they do now.  No change

2. Season ticket holders bought playoff tickets knowing they had to be vaxxed

The difference is the weather and not much else.

The bills sold 71k tickets for this game 

That's all they care about

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, tenderland said:

It seems like there are an awful lot of tickets available for the game. What seems to be the issue, weather, cost. Objectively one could  scoff at the idea

That Bills fans are the greatest in the NFL.

Because who wants to deal with that heat and humidity at this time of the year ???

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.