Number 1 ranked 2021 Buffalo Bills Defense. Yards and points!

Matt_In_NH

27 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Sullivan should ask Hyde and Poyer right now if they're embarrassed.  They're on the mic now.

I think Hyde and Poyer should ask Sullivan if he is embarrassed for being the most negative media guy of all time

1 minute ago, hemma said:

53 yards is the least our D has allowed since the 2004, 6-3 Cleveland game.

They amassed 26 total yards in that game.

And we lost, LOL

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, AlfaBill said:

I’m not sold on the D. I think they played a crappy jets team who had a lot of starters out. I believe this D is a over average. They do play better with a lead, no matter how small. Hopefully they continue to stop the run and get after the QB. 

This isn't a week 18 ranking this is the sum of the entire regular season. I mean WTF were they supposed to do against the Jets?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I’m not sold on the D. I think they played a crappy jets team who had a lot of starters out. I believe this D is a over average. They do play better with a lead, no matter how small. Hopefully they continue to stop the run and get after the QB. 

When it comes to NFL defenses in today's game, all teams can have their moments opponents can put up numbers on them at times but this thread is about the year not today only.   Every other team gave up more points and yards this year.

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This isn't a week 18 ranking this is the sum of the entire regular season. I mean WTF were they supposed to do against the Jets?

I’m talking about the year not just today. I don’t think they’re as good as the stats show. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I'm kind of glad they didn't make any of them probowlers it's pissed them off.

And a good portion of this without a very expensive db, white!  Jackson has been really solid.  Would never rethink the white deal as he has so many intangibles.  But maybe it affects further signings ,esp Wallace as Jackson is still on his rookie deal. 
Levi could be expendable next year.  

2 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

I’m talking about the year not just today. I don’t think they’re as good as the stats show. 

It isn't the 70's. This is what elite defense looks like in the 2020's. Defenders are not allowed to defend anymore.

Ask Zach Wilson how good he thinks they are after the Jets put up almost 400 yards of offense last week against the Bucs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

It isn't the 70's. This is what elite defense looks like in the 2020's. Defenders are not allowed to defend anymore.

That’s probably true ( I wasn’t old enough to watch football in the 70s ;)). That said if we are playing a team like KC, and we’re down late in the game, do you trust this D to get a stop? 
I don’t. 

Just now, Big Turk said:

Ask Zach Wilson how good he thinks they are after the Jets put up almost 400 yards of offense last week against the Bucs.

Lol. I know it’s been a crazy season. It’s so hard to get a read on a team. Of all the AFC teams left, who will the Bills not have a chance against? Or to rephrase, of the playoff bound AFC teams who can beat the Bills?

6 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

That’s probably true ( I wasn’t old enough to watch football in the 70s ;)). That said if we are playing a team like KC, and we’re down late in the game, do you trust this D to get a stop? 
I don’t.

Because this is an offensive league. The Bills need to keep up on offense to beat the Chiefs, although we played them earlier in the season and the defense handled them pretty well.

3 hours ago, Bruce Smith said:

The run D is still a problem against good teams.  

I posted in another thread, but these are the numbers for the Patriots RB Harris the three times the Bills defense has faced him:

11/01/20

16/102 TD

12/06/21

10/111 TD

12/26/21

18/103 3TD

TOTALS: 44/316 (7.18 YPC) 5TD

Time for redemption

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I posted in another thread, but these are the numbers for the Patriots RB Harris the three times the Bills defense has faced him:

11/01/20

16/102 TD

12/06/21

10/111 TD

12/26/21

18/103 3TD

TOTALS: 44/316 (7.18 YPC) 5TD

Time for redemption

Let Harris get his yards. Mac Jones can't beat us.

I don’t. 

Lol. I know it’s been a crazy season. It’s so hard to get a read on a team. Of all the AFC teams left, who will the Bills not have a chance against? Or to rephrase, of the playoff bound AFC teams who can beat the Bills?

It’s KC so I don’t feel great with any defense. If I had to choose any defense to get a stop against KC bills would be my top choice. Name 5 defenses you would rather have than the bills in the situation you described. 

Edited by YattaOkasan

6 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

That is probably because your perception of what is possible on defense in the NFL of 2021 is out of whack. Dominant defense is impossible to play. There hasn't been one since the LOB broke up in Seattle in about 2015. The best you can do in the league now is play restriction defense. And the Bills play that exceptionally.

3 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

I don’t. 

No, probably not. But there isn't a defense in the NFL I would trust in that situation because the NFL doesn't want a stop there. It wants a score. Watch the end of that Raiders and Chargers game. The game is heavily slanted in favour of offense now. If you are one score up against a top 10 Quarterback with 2 minutes to play and they have the ball you lose about 90% of the time. That is the league. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.