12/26/21 Week 16 Gameday Bills @ Patriots* Second Half Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, Ross Murdock said:

Make Beasley inactive the rest of the year. No way he starts over Makenzie. Make him watch from his home.  That's where he prefers to be it seems.  

Davis will be missing next week's game.  I am sure the Bills can put both McKenzie and Beasley on the field

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

no it wouldn’t have. The Bills still would have had an 86% chance of the playoffs before today if they beat the Falcons and Jets. 

True, but don't you think that losing today, given the gravity of the situation, and breakdowns over the past couple of months, would've made even an appearance in the playoffs one with a lot of uncertainty and doubt?  I'm not going all AFC-CG again, much less SB, but this was a quality win today, and it came at precisely the right time.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Make Beasley inactive the rest of the year. No way he starts over Makenzie. Make him watch from his home.  That's where he prefers to be it seems.  

After Mortensen’s tweet earlier, I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, TheCockSportif said:

True, but don't you think that losing today, given the gravity of the situation, and breakdowns over the past couple of months, would've made even an appearance in the playoffs one with a lot of uncertainty and doubt?  I'm not going all AFC-CG again, much less SB, but this was a quality win today, and it came at precisely the right time.

The playoffs are always uncertain. So let me ask how big is this win if the Pats beat the Jags next week and the Bills get upset by the Falcons? I mean obviously I hope it doesn’t happen it’s a huge win I’m not denying that but people need to keep things in perspective. If anything it’s huge for conference record in tiebreakers for the wild card in addition to the division obviously 

Just now, Utah John said:

The Bills are in, ABC.  All But Covid.  I think that's the only thing standing between now and the AFCE.

2 more wins against 10 point underdogs and we division champions hosting a playoff game! 

And it could WELL be against New England! 

I'll take that matchup all day long.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

Chowderheads left VERY early. That was nice to watch 

I loved watching the camera pan to that retreat. I live smack dab in enemy territory. Proud of the effort and execution the Bills displayed today.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

I think they’ll pass on this idea. But thanks for your input.I think they’ll pass on this idea. But thanks for your input.

• Dislike 1

Just now, Nitro said:

Bills had a patch work O line.  28 first downs, 428 yards and 33 points against the vaunted NE defense. WOW!

I think this time Josh took what the NE Defense gave him.  He worked the underneath consistently between Diggs,  McKenzie and Singletary.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Belicheck loves Josh 

He was the first to run up to him after the last game too 

He wishes that was his guy

Belichick often praises Josh, and you can tell it's genuine. The guy throws out every cliché in the book & is about as brief as possible on any subject, but he'll go out of his way to talk on & on about Allen. Here's a recent quote:

"He does a good job at everything. He’s continued to grow as a player and I think you see his leadership, his toughness, his physical ability, all that, on a very consistent basis. He’s the guy that makes them go and he’s become one of the top quarterbacks in the league.”

And that's just part of what he said. But as you said, he loves Josh.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The playoffs are always uncertain. So let me ask how big is this win if the Pats beat the Jags next week and the Bills get upset by the Falcons? I mean obviously I hope it doesn’t happen it’s a huge win I’m not denying that but people need to keep things in perspective. If anything it’s huge for conference record in tiebreakers for the wild card in addition to the division obviously 

Anything can happen, but what I don't takeaway from today is that the Bills are a team that's on their heels.

2 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

I think they’ll pass on this idea. But thanks for your input.I think they’ll pass on this idea. But thanks for your input.

I wouldn't be so sure of it. It's one thing to have different beliefs for whatever reason, but to regularly break the rules, risking others missing time, can't tolerate that.

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Bills had a patch work O line.  28 first downs, 428 yards and 33 points against the vaunted NE defense. WOW!

On the road too! And you can tell that was an extremely hostile environment, especially after the non-call, unnecessary roughness flag was picked up 😂

Those fans never quit raging! So yeah, that was a very impressive performance. Josh's best game against NE by far (since this year's squad is actually good), and imo, best of the season.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.