Gabe Davis on covid list

Steptide

5 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Pats beat the Bills for 20 years when the Bills sucked and the Pats never had to say sorry so neither do we.

Agreed, but that overall body of work against them from McD is still disappointing, but much moreso if we lose on Sunday. 

That was mostly my point there. There isn’t some kind of talent disparity this year to be “ok” with going 0-2 against them in games with basically the season on the line. And we have the better QB.

0-2 vs them this year with the stakes and QB situations would say a lot unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yes but in reality they are still missing games.  My understanding is that both Washington & the Browns starting and backup QB's were fully vaccinated yet still missed their games.

And I'm not saying it wouldn't have been better if Beasley & Davis were both vaccinated.  It would have been as the CHANCE they could come back sooner is real.

But the crisis facing the NFL is not caused by the unvaccianted.  Plenty of the vaccinated are missing games and it's only going to get worse if the NFL doesn't change the rules.

I think we're all aware that vaccinated people can get it.

I think we're also aware of how being vaccinated allows you the chance to come back sooner.

Davis is illogically drawing the line with this shot, and to me that is unacceptable.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

His personal choice directly made it more likely he would miss time for his team. How would you classify that decision?

How many games had he missed prior to this one due to being positive ? How many vaxxed players in the NFL have tested positive ? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Maybe instead of ridiculing people for wanting to know why this is going into year 3, you start giving better answers then shut up and listen to Fauci. 

We invest in these teams.  Almost everything we have.  This isn't sustainable.  College basketball - all vaccinated in order to go to school - is about to shut down.   

Universal vaccination isn't fixing this.  

Give better answers.  

There is no universal vaccination.  We’d be a lot better off if there were.   Sounds like you’re looking for a perfect answer so you disregard the best answers we have right now.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I don't know the best solution to the covid issue, but the idea of treating it like a less harmful virus and see what happens seems like a rather careless regard for the health and safety of the players. We are still averaging over 1000 deaths a day from covid and no other virus comes close to that.

If the health and safety of the payers was the primary issue, the NFL would suspend or cancel the season.  It's hard to imagine a more fruitful cocktail for spreading the virus than an NFL game with fans in attendance. 

Since that doesn't seem likely to occur, the league will field criticism regardless of what direction it goes in.  

16 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

How many games had he missed prior to this one due to being positive ? How many vaxxed players in the NFL have tested positive ? 

its simple. Vaxxed players are MUCH less likely to miss a game. Unvaxxed players have a MUCH greater chance of missing one or more games. 

Edited by Max Fischer
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

There is no universal vaccination.  We’d be a lot better off if there were.   Sounds like you’re looking for a perfect answer so you disregard the best answers we have right now.  

Since you can get and transmit Covid if you've already been vaxxed, there are no best answers. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If the health and safety of the payers was the primary issue, the NFL would suspend or cancel the season.  It's hard to imagine a more fruitful cocktail for spreading the virus than an NFL game with fans in attendance. 

an NBA or NHL game with fans in attendance.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Yeah, you deciding not to answer my question is answer enough.

It's very simple - unvaccinated players have been at greater risk of missing time since the offseason. I'm not even discussing the merits of the protocol. I'm just saying it is a plain fact that failing to get the vaccine put him at a disadvantage, and with the newest protocol that is still the case. It is equivalent to him choosing to smoke marijuana to manage his pain and risk getting called for a random drug test. I don't personally agree with the NFL's marijuana policy but if he got caught it would still be his fault because that is the rule.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Not really ... Trump made a personal choice as it should be and what all free thinking patriots should be able to do. When you get your 9th booster, is the 10th free and does Moe's give you a free burrito ? 

Yes.  i will keep getting boosters if that means there is less risk of giving covid to my 80+ year old parents.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Pats are missing guys too. We are a capable squad and can still win. Out D is #1. We have the better QB. Diggs, Sanders, McKenzie and Kumerow and Dawson are still better than what they got. I think we will see an aggressive and creative game plan. If we lose I don't want it to be because we are conservative. If anything, I think this crisis rallies them. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Figster said:

This ^^^^^^^

Safeties back up, run crossing routes with Diggs, Sanders and McKenzie behind the LB’s. If the backers get good depth, screen game the hell out of them with Motor, Breida or Knox.  

They can also run Bootleg action with Allen right.  Line up Stevenson, Diggs and Knox opposite side. Knox runs a crosser right to try to draw the safety up.  Diggs runs a post-corner; Stevenson runs a post.  Puts safety on that side in distress.  The bootleg action will make those LB’s bite because Allen could run.   Someone is open.  Allen just has to hit it.

All types of ways to still win this chess match and the division.   Missing certain players is not optimal, but winning is far from impossible.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SF Bills Fan said:

The Pats are missing guys too. We are a capable squad and can still win. Out D is #1. We have the better QB. Diggs, Sanders, McKenzie and Kumerow and Dawson are still better than what they got. I think we will see an aggressive and creative game plan. If we lose I don't want it to be because we are conservative. If anything, I think this crisis rallies them. 

Plus the defense is basically entirely healthy minus Tre of course. They need to start creating turnovers again. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

Another anti COVID vaxer so he will miss next week too.  Unless he changed his mind.  

Yup, saw this coming before the beginning of the season. Unvaccinated players getting COVID. Just GREAT.

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Plus the defense is basically entirely healthy minus Tre of course. They need to start creating turnovers again. 

100% agree. We get a key fumble, pick, pick six and set up the offense, we can win. I can see us holding Pats to 10 or less. We could win this thing 6-3- whatever it takes. 

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

When you were sick in the past, did you wear a mask in the past to protect the immunocompromised and elderly ? 

Big pharma loves you. Just keep listening to Dr. Fauci ...

You are truly precious.  Merry Christmas.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, gobillsatthebeach said:

Think of the Polio vaccine.  People got vaccinated and it went away.  If everyone got vaccinated, the chances of receiving, spreading, and getting major symptoms ie breathing trouble, and for the vulneralble, death would be greatly diminished.

We vaccinated enough people to drive smallpox into oblivion.  We could do the same for covid.  

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-medical-officer-asymptomatic-not-spreading-covid

"As we’ve gone back and looked throughout the entire season, what we’ve seen consistently is that when people have symptoms, that’s when they seem to be contagious to others," he said. "And that’s why we’re asking people to come forward and acknowledge symptoms because that’s the point at which they’re vulnerable and the point at which they expose themselves to others."

Is it fair to ask that if the vaccinated feel superhuman with their new superhuman powers that sniffles or coughs were downplayed bc they were vaccinated.  Unfortunately, still a spreader.  Because they were told otherwise when they got it in July.  

They weren't tested like the vile unvaccinated.  

Best answers we have right now might not be ones you want to hear.  

• Like (+1) 1