If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game

UKBillFan

If it had been a stupid play call which cost us, and I suppose you coul argue with the 4 and 3 punt it was to an extent, then that's one thing but the calls were ridiculous. No PI for us but as soon as Evans wrapped up Wallace they couldn't wait to get the flags out.

All we want is fairness and an even-handed approach. Get that and we would have had a great chance of winning today.

• Like (+1) 36
  • Vomit 1
  • Angry 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 24
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

If it had been a stupid play call which cost us, and I suppose you coul argue with the 4 and 3 punt it was to an extent, then that's one thing but the calls were ridiculous. No PI for us but as soon as Evans wrapped up Wallace they couldn't wait to get the flags out.

All we want is fairness and an even-handed approach. Get that and we would have had a great chance of winning today.

It's 100% WWE.  I just can't anymore.

• Like (+1) 18
  • Agree 8

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Its not rigged, but they definitely influence the game the way they want to go.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, May Day 10 said:

I really almost never blame officiating...but that sting of 4-5 calls essentially determined the outcome of the game

It’s crazy that they all go Brady’s teams way…they beat Dallas earlier in the year on a ridiculous OPI that wasn’t called where Godwin shoved the db with both hands. Only questionable call we got was the roughing the passer call but that looked like the right call at least by the rules 

• Like (+1) 4

Ball spots were off all night in favor of the Bucs. Lots of other little things.

But the refs were not why the Bills lost. The Bills playing like crap for more than a half is why they lost.

It was fun to watch them come back, at least. Allen is a warrior.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5

I stopped keeping track of the number of times the refs charged a yardage tax whenever a Bill made a positive play.  There's no other way to look at it except as a tax, like a sales tax.  OK, Diggs makes a catch and is tackled on the 26 yard line, clearly not touched until past the 25.  The ball is spotted at the 24.  This was the most egregious case but this went on and on.

The lack of a PI call when Diggs was held in the end zone, when a Bills TD takes the lead at the end of the 4th quarter.  Can't have that.  But Evans tackles Wallace and Wallace is called for PI. 

Josh gets hit late in the pocket, and late on a run out of bounds.  No calls.  

OMG it was terrible.  

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think I would use the word "influenced".  I've been hearing quite a bit of this lately from people that are Pats fans, Tampa fans, and don't post on message boards.  I think it's pretty apparent by now that there is more going on with the officiating in the games.

With that said, unfortunately, this team is just not coached well enough to win the big games or overcome a few bad calls.  It's not all on the refs, hence my use of "influenced".

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Its not rigged, but they definitely influence the game the way they want to go.

Exactly.  We did enough to win today.  Yet all week will be about how we need to fire McD and how the entire team minus JA sucks. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

The non-DPI call against Diggs in the end zone was egregiously ridiculous.

Enh, he was doing it too. Thought it was a fair no call. The call on Wallace was the one that was the worst. I mean, they called it on the defense when it should clearly have been called on the offense. The end of PI penalty reviews is a bad thing. 

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Most were borderline, but the DPI call on wallace should get an official demoted. What a terrible game-changing call.

I don't agree it was a game changing play,  we had them down at 2 Nd 17 and let up to allow Gronk pick 14 yards on second down.  That was huge and the biggest game changing play was the missed holding on Diggs in the end zone

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Ball spots were off all night in favor of the Bucs. Lots of other little things.

But the refs were not why the Bills lost. The Bills playing like crap for more than a half is why they lost.

It was fun to watch them come back, at least. Allen is a warrior.

The whole team fought in the come back.  Not one dude no matter how awesome JA is.  Defense needs praise too.  No matter how much everyone wants to cut them. 

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I don't agree it was a game changing play,  we had them down at 2 Nd 17 and let up to allow Gronk pick 14 yards on second down.  That was huge and the biggest game changing play was the missed holding on Diggs in the end zone

.? — It was first down and 10 at the 16. If it gets called on evans — as it certainly should have —  it’s first and 18 from the 8. Instead, it’s first and 10 from the 36. I  felt Diggs plowed into the DB in the EZ, which was a signal to allow them to play. I didn’t have an issue with that non-call. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I really almost never blame officiating...but that sting of 4-5 calls essentially determined the outcome of the game

I didn’t want to complain last week but now that pass interference on Knox at the end of the Patriots game where the dB had him completely wrapped up pisses me off even more now. The last two weeks the bills didn’t do enough to overcome the refs and that’s on them but god I am sick of watching this ***** league. The refs can all go ***** themselves. Had a conversation about being down with buying season tickets. The game is so so ***** one sided with the calls each week and has been for a long time. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I stopped keeping track of the number of times the refs charged a yardage tax whenever a Bill made a positive play.  There's no other way to look at it except as a tax, like a sales tax.  OK, Diggs makes a catch and is tackled on the 26 yard line, clearly not touched until past the 25.  The ball is spotted at the 24.  This was the most egregious case but this went on and on.

The lack of a PI call when Diggs was held in the end zone, when a Bills TD takes the lead at the end of the 4th quarter.  Can't have that.  But Evans tackles Wallace and Wallace is called for PI. 

Josh gets hit late in the pocket, and late on a run out of bounds.  No calls.  

OMG it was terrible.  

Agreed so much.

That play on 3rd down, Beasley clearly had the first down but it ended up 4th and 1. Allen still made it but just another example in a long list of head scratching calls and non-calls.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Enh, he was doing it too. Thought it was a fair no call. The call on Wallace was the one that was the worst. I mean, they called it on the defense when it should clearly have been called on the offense. The end of PI penalty reviews is a bad thing. 

Not sure why you're OK with Davis tackling Stef before the ball got there.  We just gonna disagree on this one.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Not sure why you're OK with Davis tackling Stef before the ball got there.  We just gonna disagree on this one.

Fair enough; I thought both players were playing rough and it wasn’t slam dunk pass interference at all given what diggs did at the top of the route. The Evans play was brutal however and cost the bills the game. From first and 18 at the 8 to first and 10 from the 36 is just ridiculous given what actually happened on that play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.