If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game

UKBillFan

It's pretty awful. Call it what you want but at best it's terribly inconsistent and/or unprofessional because they're too dumb to get it right. Most likely though there's some push from somewhere. The widespread gambling surge probably doesn't help either.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

The playoff game two years ago, Cody Ford was called for a penalty at a key part of a drive that likely gets Buffalo in field goal range to win.   The refs admitted in the off-season that it was the wrong call.

You're right.  Good call.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The last game I can think of that the refs definitely cost us the game was '98 in Foxborough.  Am I missing one between now and then?

Im not talking just against the Bills.  Hell we sucked for a lot of years,, be the first to admit it, Im a Bills fan, I can take it.   Im talking watching 20 years of Brady from the tuck rule to today against many teams.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

We would have won if there was the correct PI call in the end-zone.  So the difference between giving credit and not is a bad call from a ref.  We didnt come back from 21 down thanks to the refs.  The players digged in and didn't quit. 

If the defense didn't give up two long scores, it wouldn't have come down to that.

32 minutes ago, 727Bills said:

We needed 6" (that's what she said) at the goal line in the Tenn game and couldn't get it for the win....

Even if we got the call for PI at the goal line today I have zero faith we punch it in for a TD..... Know why? Cause we have been inconsistent all year and haven't shown we can make those plays when needed.  

If we had shown any ability leading up to this game to actually make certain plays in close games to seal a win then I would be on board with arguing the refs cost us.

You can preach all you want it's the refs fault but based on this year's O playcalling and execution, even if we had first and goal from the 1 I don't think we get it in. We have sucked in those situations all year long and now you actally think it's gonna change this game and we just all of a sudden figure out how to win close games, laughable at best

Nobody cares if you don’t believe if they could have punched it in, it’s not up to your feelings. They deserved the chance and were denied it. Past performance does not have anything to do with what may or may not have happened tonight 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Nobody cares if you don’t believe if they could have punched it in, it’s not up to your feelings. They deserved the chance and were denied it. Past performance does not have anything to do with what may or may not have happened tonight 

You made some solid points in your post 🙄

Yeah you should be able to just steamroll the defending champs in their stadium because that happens all of the time. I don't get these takes, as if there's even a history of some hard nosed juggernaut team just destroying everybody so bad that the refs have no impact. It was a close game so heck yeah I blame the refs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You have made zero points all night except in your own mind. You certainly couldn’t post where I am wrong. Better to stay quiet than show one’s ignorance.

The Tenn game (can easily come with many more this year) was the illustration used for my point but according to you past performance can't be used to judge future outcome.. which is the most asinine thing I have ever heard, it's the entire premise of analytics and statistics

People like you that whine about the refs are prolly the same people that are always complaining and blaming someone else for why things didn't go your way... Never your fault, always someone else's, typical for society these days.

Edited by 727Bills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 727Bills said:

The Tenn game was the illustration used for my point but according to you past performance can't be used to judge future outcome.. which is the most asinine thing I have ever heard.

People like you that whine about the refs are prolly the same people that are always complaining and blaming someone else for why things didn't go your way... Never your fault, always someone else's, typical for society these days.

I could go on and on but your at such an intellectual disadvantage it’s not even fair.  When you don’t have the ability to understand simple concepts it’s not worth arguing with you. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

It keeps getting worse. Smh. 

0D06A935-4ADE-427F-9832-896351756D2D.jpeg

Who ya gonna believe the NFL and Tommy or your lying eyes?

Here let me reverse it.   Say Tampa was down 21, and a furious comeback by Brady gets them down inside the 10.   Same throw by Brady.  He gets the call, they score and win in regulation.   The talking heads on ESPN, FOX and CBS spend the week saying how great Brady was to spot the single coverage and it was a good call, by calling PI, clearly holding past 5 yards and the Bills DB is the goat, not in a good way.  Heads I win, tails you lose.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

The NFL is working for a Tampa Bay - New England Super Bowl.

I will not be watching.

As much as I normally defend the refs by saying they suck for both teams it really seems like you are correct lol I think NE is a good fundamental football team and they haven’t needed the help yet but they certainly seemed to be leaning hard TBs way today perhaps to keep them in the drivers seat for the 1 seed…1 seed will be huge in the nfc 

its 2021. the stadium has dozens of cameras in place that can zoom in at 4k and slow motion. look how many pics in this thread show obvious penalties. there are headsets that call down for review as long as it is "within 2 minutes" but lets not hold up the game 😅. other then that risk a important timeout if you dare question a bunch of guys that aren't even full time employees. where week after week, game altering calls are shown. even as the announcers, and in studio ref have no clue what the hell the zebras on field are looking at and confirming what the public is screaming at their tvs about. even as teams are threatened with fines if they even mention a word in public about the officiating. even as the nfl accepts no responsibility or issues no response other then a very occasional apology letter weeks after a team gets screwed, as they continue to add more subjective  rules such as "taunting" or overly complicating the rulebook to confuse people and players. 

but theres always the teams should "play through bad calls" guys lol. yeah thats a great solution. we play a great first half refs don't matter in OT. i agree. i also agree  that if tampa plays a great second half they dont need thier help either 🤔

i watch for the entertainment but don't find myself invested as if it was true competition anymore. the simple answer is the NFL wants these problems. they are easily fixed or heavily mitigated if they wanted to fix them, but like many pointed out there is money in outcomes and this is the only way to influence them indirectly.

the real question is how a person bets money, especially large sums on this sport.

• Like (+1) 2

The PI calls were bad but i think the difference can be chalked up to Evans aggressively going after the ball and Diggs barely even going after the ball.  Refs are human, not corrupt.  I really hope Diggs is nursing some kind of injury because his effort going after balls the past couple games has been weak.  

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, BillMafia716ix said:

With all that Bills still had a chance in overtime. They went 3 and out. Then couldn’t get off the field on 3rd and 3. Fans wanna blame the refs..but we didn’t do what we needed to do to win. 

And Stef got grabbed on the third down play, with the same left arm on the shoulder pads that Dane Jackson got called for against Gronk.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

The PI calls were bad but i think the difference can be chalked up to Evans aggressively going after the ball and Diggs barely even going after the ball.  Refs are human, not corrupt.  I really hope Diggs is nursing some kind of injury because his effort going after balls the past couple games has been weak.  

I mean a guy was dragging him to the ground by his jersey on that final play in regulation lol 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The no call on Diggs as the end is as egregious as the no call on Nickel Robey-Coleman in the NFCCG a few years back. 

I have no idea how you don't call that.

The more I watch it the more I feel the same way lol the handfighting was fine but then Davis falls and tries to take diggs with him by the jersey

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t want to believe in conspiracy theories I do think that the referees swallow their whistles at certain times that affect games because they don’t want to decide a game but in effect they are deciding the game that no pass interference call on the diggs play in the end zone that would’ve given us the ball at the 1 yard line with no time for Brady to be able to make one of his magic comebacks and we win that game

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Sheesh 

73DC15DF-2A0D-4F9B-8CE5-C37BD555CFD6.jpeg

This one really angered me more than that one:

Godwin took a Bradys pass for 18 yards while our DT was getting his face washed. We have been called for that every time this year. World Wrestling Football League at its best

hands to the face.PNG

• Like (+1) 1

The NFL could easily fix this entire problem if they wanted to. Have a central officiating office that watches replays from each game and decides if penalties are warranted. It would take all of 10 seconds to watch one of these plays and call the PI/don't call it when not a penalty.

But of course the NFL doesn't want to fix the problem. The most crooked thing they ever did was institute PI challenges for a season. With every single challenge the PI stood as called even when a reversal was clear and obvious. The league shrugged their shoulders and said "oh well, we tried" and promptly took the reviews away the following season. It's the kind of boldfaced corruption that would warrant investigations in any other industry.

30 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don't blame the on-field officials. Their job is impossible. I blame the central authority that allows games to be left in those officials' hands when an obvious solution is available.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Who ya gonna believe the NFL and Tommy or your lying eyes?

Here let me reverse it.   Say Tampa was down 21, and a furious comeback by Brady gets them down inside the 10.   Same throw by Brady.  He gets the call, they score and win in regulation.   The talking heads on ESPN, FOX and CBS spend the week saying how great Brady was to spot the single coverage and it was a good call, by calling PI, clearly holding past 5 yards and the Bills DB is the goat, not in a good way.  Heads I win, tails you lose.

You’re absolutely correct. 

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t want to believe in conspiracy theories I do think that the referees swallow their whistles at certain times that affect games because they don’t want to decide a game but in effect they are deciding the game that no pass interference call on the diggs play in the end zone that would’ve given us the ball at the 1 yard line with no time for Brady to be able to make one of his magic comebacks and we win that game

Id agree but it was all game long this time…I’m thinking if something is questionable it’s always gonna go the bucs way. Watch that game again if you want your blood to boil 😂 all their offensive holding penalties were supposedly offset by us holding in the secondary so we really got like 6 or 7 holds/dpis called on us mostly questionable at best..did they even get one?

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

What pisses me off about this is Davis rolls over and slaps the ground in frustration knowing he committed PI and they still didn’t call it. 

Right…the second he threw his hands up he knew he blew the game…but thankfully the refs must be blind so it worked out for him 😂

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

How is he gonna catch the ball if he doesn't put his arms up! 

That’s a bad angle too…not sure where the official assigned to that receiver was standing…Davis almost rips diggs’ jersey off and it’s not as pronounced from that angle…big thing to me is the defender clearly fell on his own it wasn’t like they tangled feet or anything 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

I think the players and coaches got speak up more about these penalties before anything will change. Take the fine. They are all loaded anyway. The NFL don’t give a ***** about what the media or the fans say. McDermott takes the high road every week. I heard him say before they file their complaints after the game, that’s what the NFL wants because it doesn’t make them look bad. It’s just getting way out of hand, games can’t be won or lost by ***** up calls so often. Jmo

Edited by BananaB

Seems that NFL refs get off scott-free each week for calls that are either incompetent, or unethical. 

Yet when it’s all said and done, refs go home to their normal lives with no repercussions.  The NFL doesn’t care because they are a multi billion dollar business.  Refs don’t care cuz they get away with it with zero repercussions.

If the NFL doesn’t care that their refs are unethical or incompetent, then the names of the refs who are making/ not making these calls should be exposed to the Public.  It would be interesting to see if the exposing the names of these refs making bad calls for their own personal agenda would help their competence level and make them be more efficient? 

Anyone have the names of the ref(s) who made the call against Wallace and didn’t call the Diggs PI vs Bucs that we can post on the board?  

Edited by dezertbill
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.