If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game

UKBillFan

Joe Marino's "Locked on Bills"....today's podcast included a pretty thorough description of how the refs' bad calls had such huge impact on the game.  Even with all the calls he mentioned, he didn't talk about the one toward the end of the first half when their guy was pulling Diggs' jersey and somehow that escaped the eyes of the officials.  I think Romo mentioned that perhaps the guy's vision was screened by somebody.  

Just now, TC in St. Louis said:

Joe Marino's "Locked on Bills"....today's podcast included a pretty thorough description of how the refs' bad calls had such huge impact on the game.  Even with all the calls he mentioned, he didn't talk about the one toward the end of the first half when their guy was pulling Diggs' jersey and somehow that escaped the eyes of the officials.  I think Romo mentioned that perhaps the guy's vision was screened by somebody.  

Roger Goodell.

• Like (+1) 2

Why was everything merged into the rigged thread?  I'm sure there are a lot of people who commented here that just think the officiating is bad with some biases towards some players and teams.

This is not the same as being rigged with a planned outcome for games and the season.

Just more inconsistent bad officiating without a conspiracy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, without a drought said:

Why was everything merged into the rigged thread?  I'm sure there are a lot of people who commented here that just think the officiating is bad with some biases towards some players and teams.

This is not the same as being rigged with a planned outcome for games and the season.

Just more inconsistent bad officiating without a conspiracy. 

Not the first time & don't like it.....  

46 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I can't get over this game, really have not been hit this hard in years after a game. I hate this feeling so much. Josh deserved that win so much...as did the fans.

Agreed.  The last game I remember feeling like this was bills @ seattle mnf a few years back when rex was the coach.  The refs did a huge number on us that game.  

• Like (+1) 1

And more stats.  Tampa Bay 3 First Downs by Penalty (all Holding and PI), Bills one a 4 yard Roughing the Passer.  

Two more defensive penalties where a flag was thrown, but offsetting (both on 3rd down).  

So 5 penalties on the Bills secondary vs. 0 for the Bucs

11 QB hits on Allen & 4 on Brady.  Add to that hits on Allen after running and only one flag. 

22 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Sometimes conspiracy theories are correct, even if a lot of folks who spout conspiracy theories are unhinged.

Impossible to verify this, but I have a feeling once the Bills have a new stadium in the works, they'll get more calls. It's the NFL way.

I think if anything it’s they want to help the pats and bucs get those 1 seeds and a bills loss last night was a double whammy. Anything questionable was going to go the bucs way and there were a lot of questionable moments unfortunately for the nfl lol I think a lot of even neutral nfl fans watching that game were probably scratching their heads 

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And more stats.  Tampa Bay 3 First Downs by Penalty (all Holding and PI), Bills one a 4 yard Roughing the Passer.  

Two more defensive penalties where a flag was thrown, but offsetting (both on 3rd down).  

So 5 penalties on the Bills secondary vs. 0 for the Bucs

11 QB hits on Allen & 4 on Brady.  Add to that hits on Allen after running and only one flag. 

Absolutely criminal they didn’t have a single PI called on them… like I could get on board with they don’t want a huge PI call in the end zone to completely flip the outcome of the game maybe but they were holding all day long 

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills got plenty of calls against the Patriots.  Guess what?  They still lost because they couldn’t stop the run.  And guess what?  The Pats will run all over the Bills again shortly.  When is the last time that the Bills played a complete game? This fan base is so oppressed that they shriek “Refs Refs Refs!!” after every game, even after wins!  “Well despite playing against this and this team AND THE REFS) we won!!!”  It’s pathetic.  It’s almost as if they say it to makes themselves feel better.  Nevermind that they continue to give a “rigged” league ratings.  Talk about DUMB.  Maybe McDIMWITT should fckn PUNT TO TOM BRADY IN OT!!!  Maybe McDIMWITT should have a feel for a football game in real time?? No, no no… we should just continue to mope and sulk as much or more than any other fan base in pro sports.  “WHOA IS ME!!!”  Worry about executing on every play.  Be obsessed with it and nothing else.  One play at a time leads to winning.  Be disciplined and execute.  The refs have prevented the Bills from winning a Super Bowl since 1960… gotcha.  Some Bills fans actually believe this.  I’ve been a Bills fan since 1990 and to read some of these backwards comments is flat out embarrassing.  

“Oh we won!  We beat both the ______ and the refs!!”  “Damn we got beat by the refs again because it’s Buffalo.”

That’s it.  That summarizes 2/3 of the people on this forum.  YET…. they continue to watch what they feel is a complete crapshoot EVERY SINGLE WEEK.  

15 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

There's no consistency. Something may be a penalty on one drive but not the next. There's definite favoritism, certain teams get benefit of doubt. 

But how do you completely sweep the questionable calls and get every single one in your favor lol it was honestly laughable yesterday…all their spots were good and most of ours were bad…they are ripping guys jerseys off and are flagged 0 times for dpi/holding and we are flagged for something that was very much not pi in OT as well as a few other questionable ones leading to TDs…the refs were dreadful but only in one direction. Only thing that remotely went our way was that roughing the passer that netted us a grand total of 4 yards 

1 minute ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Does anyone have or know where to find how many PI and defensive holding calls we have for and against us? I would be curious to see the difference. We threw the ball 54 times without one call on their secondary. That seems unusual. 

I want to know the same.  I did find this.  

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalty-differential.html?yr=2021&sort=firstdown

The point is our DB's, LB's..... seem to get called a few times a game.

Just now, KeLLy1278 said:

The Bills got plenty of calls against the Patriots.  Guess what?  They still lost because they couldn’t stop the run.  And guess what?  The Pats will run all over the Bills again shortly.  When is the last time that the Bills played a complete game? This fan base is so oppressed that they shriek “Refs Refs Refs!!” after every game, even after wins!  “Well despite playing against this and this team AND THE REFS) we won!!!”  It’s pathetic.  It’s almost as if they say it to makes themselves feel better.  Nevermind that they continue to give a “rigged” league ratings.  Talk about DUMB.  Maybe McDIMWITT should fckn PUNT TO TOM BRADY IN OT!!!  Maybe McDIMWITT should have a feel for a football game in real time?? No, no no… we should just continue to mope and sulk as much or more than any other fan base in pro sports.  “WHOA IS ME!!!”  Worry about executing on every play.  Be obsessed with it and nothing else.  One play at a time leads to winning.  Be disciplined and execute.  The refs have prevented the Bills from winning a Super Bowl since 1960… gotcha.  Some Bills fans actually believe this.  I’ve been a Bills fan since 1990 and to read some of these backwards comments is flat out embarrassing.  

“Oh we won!  We beat both the ______ and the refs!!”  “Damn we got beat by the refs again because it’s Buffalo.”

That’s it.  That summarizes 2/3 of the people on this forum.  YET…. they continue to watch what they feel is a complete crapshoot EVERY SINGLE WEEK.  

kelly with all due respect with so few posts if it were me  I wouldnt presume to think we here at 2bd are whining about oifficiating on the weekly to any HUGE extent as you infer..... SO THAT imo is exaggerated...2/3rds of this forum eh........yeah well that type of rhetoric wouldnt fly here whats your sample size...game day threads?

anyway I consider your post venting okay fine. I think your premise is flawed.

m

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Why are you talking about a different game than us 😂 maybe there’s a bit of a ‘cry wolf’ situation but objectively last night the winner was chosen by the refs. Any other game I’d agree with you. That did not pass the eye test last night…you’ve got ex nfl officials and the cbs commentators saying the bills got screwed live on air that almost never happens.  Pats game id def agree with you we had some terrible calls help us too 

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

1. They touched Brady maybe once all game....

2. Marks were terrible, but yep I'm a homer.

3. Did you see the Bills penalties they called (btw not a single penalty on TB's secondary)

4.Thanks for actually agreeing

5. Bills penalties were significant.  TB jumped the gun twice for piddly 5 yard penalties, one roughing the passer and the 10 yard penalty on a kick return.  Bills penalties I think all accounted for first downs. 

My answers to some of these (especially the first one) were tongue in cheek to some degree, sarcasm does not always come off well in text.  And I kind of changed my response from pure sarcasm to a mix of sarcasm and an actual response.  My bad.... In general, do I think officiating was an issue yesterday, yes.  Do I think we need to make a laundry list and make everything so dramatic against the Bills and in favor of TB, no I don't.  I don't think everything favored TB.  Did I like a couple spots, no but they were close and no clear video to show one way or the other on a couple of them.  I did not see an unreasonable spot.  I wish they were a little stronger and pushed Fornette back more on the initial contact.

For me, its PI and defensive holding I had an issue with.  Those I think all did go one way, called on the Bills and not on the Bucs.  If you "let them play" (against Diggs) then I don't see how you can make the call in OT.  I suspect if the Diggs play in the end zone happens in the third quarter it gets called but because that could have flipped the game, it was not.  Same argument but not as strong on the Evans call in OT but that does not give them the game, it gave them a first down in their territory.   The one where he was pulling Diggs jersey was just not seen, I am assuming.

3 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I’ve seen the play numerous times already. This looked bad but it actually did not impede the route.  The play could have been made if the Bills executed.  But…. Let the meltdown continue…..  refs refs refs.

Hahaha I guess Tom Brady has an account on these boards 😂 a grown man tearing your shirt off while you are trying to run full speed is absolutely going to impede your route 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

If it had been a stupid play call which cost us, and I suppose you coul argue with the 4 and 3 punt it was to an extent, then that's one thing but the calls were ridiculous. No PI for us but as soon as Evans wrapped up Wallace they couldn't wait to get the flags out.

All we want is fairness and an even-handed approach. Get that and we would have had a great chance of winning today.

Get the hell over it.  Quit blaming the refs and look at the team.  You can always find calls that didn't go your way, but in the end it goes both ways.

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

kelly with all due respect with so few posts if it were me  I wouldnt presume to think we here at 2bd are whining about oifficiating on the weekly to any HUGE extent as you infer..... SO THAT imo is exaggerated...2/3rds of this forum eh........yeah well that type of rhetoric wouldnt fly here whats your sample size...game day threads?

m

I hear you.. trust me, I hear you and the rest.  But for the love of God some of these fans are out of control.  Dude.. EVERY SINGLE GAME is absolutely littered with post after post with “rigged”,  “we need to beat both the refs and the ……”. I mean really???

The Bills had absolutely no business losing to the Patriots at home last week.  They GOT CALLS IN THEIR FAVOR IN CRUCIAL MOMENTS.  Did they win the game? NO!  But a portion of the fan base still has to find a way to say that they got the short end of the stick from the officiating.  And on, and on and on..  good Lord.  

2 minutes ago, OP Blue said:

Get the hell over it.  Quit blaming the refs and look at the team.  You can always find calls that didn't go your way, but in the end it goes both ways.

THANK YOU!

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

After last nights game I realized I am watching a lighter version of WWF and I need to not care as much about this ***** anymore.  So you all can tantrum over whining about rigged calls.  Then get all upset over some MLB not playing up to his contract.  It is all a bunch of BS.  Enjoy the spectacle that is the NFL. 

Edited by nedboy7

7 minutes ago, muppy said:

m

If he’s talking about the pats game I’m kind of with him…we got a few gifts in that one and got screwed a few times in that one. It’s also impossible to say pi/holding was being called inconsistently when the pats only have to pass the ball 3 times haha last night though went way past ‘well the refs are human’ type explanations like there’s no way you’re missing guys jerseys getting stretched all day .  And it wasn’t a ‘let them play’ type game because we were getting flagged for some questionable holds…so what was it?

13 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Hahaha I guess Tom Brady has an account on these boards 😂 a grown man tearing your shirt off while you are trying to run full speed is absolutely going to impede your route 

Gen.. I’ve forgotten more about the Sabres and Bills than you will ever know.  But congratulations on that pat on the back comment that you gave yourself.  He tore his shirt clean off?  Yes.. that play is exactly why we lost the game.  There was one play that decided the outcome and that was it right there. 🙄

Edited by KeLLy1278
  • Vomit 1

16 minutes ago, OP Blue said:

In what way did it go both ways in that game? Lol I think that’s kind of the point people are making…I mean we got a net gain of 4 yards on a roughing the passer call?  We throw 50+ times and not a single hold or dpi on them?…that’s pretty questionable before you even get into the handful of absurdly obvious holds. The rule of thumb is if the commentators are openly trashing the refs it’s gotta be pretty bad and romo was calling all of that out haha the nfl does not at all like when they do that 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Gen.. I’ve forgotten more about the Sabres and Bills than you will ever know.  But congratulations on that pat on the back comment that you gave yourself.  He tore his shirt clean off?  Yes.. that play is exactly why we lost the game.  There was one play that decided the outcome and that was it right there. 🙄

Lol I was just having a little fun I apologize… that did sound like something he would say though didn’t it? Haha I’ll rephrase it to dragging someone hanging onto your jersey is going to 100% impede your route and jersey pulls even half as bad as that are called every single time.  That was an absolute freak occurrence of a no call 

15 hours ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

Anyone got the still shot of diggs jersey growing 3 sizes being yanked from behind? I can't remember such inconsistent calling of PI in a long time.. and that says alot

And conveniently forgetting Diggs hold on the defenders jersey collar as well. It was a correct no-call IMO.

Look, the Bills lost another heartbreaker (if they didn't break your heart, they wouldn't be the Bills after all).  And people here LOVE to blame the zebras every time they lose.  But the fact of the matter is, there is no anti-Bills bias in the officiating.  That happening every single game of every single season for the past 50 years as people here suggest week in and week out is completely asinine.  The Bills lose primarily for two reasons:

1. Lack of execution. 
  2. In game coaching (clock management, play calling, halftime adjustments).  Though as Bills games go, this game was better than most in this regard.

The rules in the NFL are so anal that so long as humans are involved in making calls, there will be mistakes.  Die hard fans of any team will tend to see/remember only the ones against "their team", it's human nature.  But the every week whining and crying about officiating here is tiresome.  The answer is simple, the Bills need to play better, players and coaches. And not rely on Josh to be 90% of their offense when playing competent opponents.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2

10 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

After last nights game I realized I am watching a lighter version of WWF and I need to not care as much about this ***** anymore.  So you all can defend not whining about rigged calls.  Then get all upset over some MLB not playing up to his contract.  It is all a bunch of BS.  Enjoy the spectacle that is the NFL. 

I've long thought of the type of "special" you have to be to like "wrestling", and every year I am continuing to question my viewership in this league and what others around me think of actually liking this "sport".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

And conveniently forgetting Diggs hold on the defenders jersey collar as well. It was a correct no-call IMO.

Look, the Bills lost another heartbreaker (if they didn't break your heart, they wouldn't be the Bills after all).  And people here LOVE to blame the zebras every time they lose.  But the fact of the matter is, there is no anti-Bills bias in the officiating.  That happening every single game of every single season for the past 50 years as people here suggest week in and week out is completely asinine.  The Bills lose primarily for two reasons:

1. Lack of execution. 
  2. In game coaching (clock management, play calling, halftime adjustments).  Though as Bills games go, this game was better than most in this regard.

The rules in the NFL are so anal that so long as humans are involved in making calls, there will be mistakes.  Die hard fans of any team will tend to see/remember only the ones against "their team", it's human nature.  But the every week whining and crying about officiating here is tiresome.  The answer is simple, the Bills need to play better, players and coaches. And not rely on Josh to be 90% of their offense when playing competent opponents.

I wouldn’t say anti bills I’d say pro Tom Brady…I can’t recall ever seeing an nfl game not involving Tom Brady officiated in such a one sided manner…they’ve been gifted a few wins this year on dubious no calls that other teams just don’t get.  Godwin got away with a brutal OPI in week 1 to beat the cowboys that one immediately comes to mind.  Shoved the defender with both hands at the top of his route. Last night was a perfect example of not calling it fair…like yea you can mess up as a ref we get it it’s a fast paced game.  But the bucs despite all their obvious holding aren’t flagged once for it? And the game winning bucs drive in OT is extended on a bad holding call? Come on. Diggs was handfighting with the guy sure but the db fell and tried to take diggs with him because he knew he was beat…if you watch the replay the defender knew it was pi and slammed the ground in disgust after the play it’s pretty comical.  Terrible terrible no call

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lol I was just having a little fun I apologize… that did sound like something he would say though didn’t it? Haha I’ll rephrase it to dragging someone hanging onto your jersey is going to 100% impede your route and jersey pulls even half as bad as that are called every single time.  That was an absolute freak occurrence of a no call 

Bad call.  I agree. Happens in every game.  Mental toughness is underrated.

14 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

We got screwed on some calls yesterday, you can't deny it.  The no call, in the end zone throw to Diggs was ridiculous, the no call in OT where the guy grabbed Diggs by the shoulder on 3rd down, BS.  But the biggest issue I think we all have is they called BS against us and let TB play.  Some are saying that it was because it's the end of the game they didn't call the Diggs end zone throw PI, that argument is trash.... why does Evans get the call in OT?  Is that not the end of the game?  That being said, we played like garbage in the first half and that was also why we lost the game.  We couldn't get to Brady consistently even when we sent our blitz.  The penalties were A reason we lost but not the only reason, we did our fare share to earn an L

Bucs played like garbage in second half.  They only scored 3 points in 3rd and 4th.

If Bills played like garbage, Bucs played equally as bad in second half.  

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Yeah seems to me the tantrums over people calling out bad officiating would fall under that mental toughness thing. 

Yeah... But why do some have to be more mentally tough?  Why are the victims shamed over this?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Yeah seems to me the tantrums over people calling out bad officiating would fall under that mental toughness thing. 

I was referring more to the players in that comment.  What can the fan base do about it? Absolutely nothing save for some loud boos.

Not trying to offend anyone here.  If I have, I apologize. We’re all frustrated after losses.  Our reasoning may differ slightly but we all want the same thing: JUST WIN BABY!

I have mentioned this already but I have a feeling that the Bills will wind up with a 11-6 record.  

Go Bills & Go Sabres!

Edited by KeLLy1278
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Did you see the tantrum, hissy Brady threw when his sideline called a TimeOut?  He looked like a 5 year old child

I have no problem with players arguing against bad or questionable calls.  As a matter of fact, I wish that the Bills did more of it.. and that includes Sean. It’s virtually always in vain so this is where the mental toughness comes in. If they can use the frustration as a precursor to focus in on the next play then great.  If it takes them out of their element then it’s useless.

Edited by KeLLy1278
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.