If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game

UKBillFan

I don’t want to believe in conspiracy theories I do think that the referees swallow their whistles at certain times that affect games because they don’t want to decide a game but in effect they are deciding the game that no pass interference call on the diggs play in the end zone that would’ve given us the ball at the 1 yard line with no time for Brady to be able to make one of his magic comebacks and we win that game

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Sheesh 

73DC15DF-2A0D-4F9B-8CE5-C37BD555CFD6.jpeg

This one really angered me more than that one:

Godwin took a Bradys pass for 18 yards while our DT was getting his face washed. We have been called for that every time this year. World Wrestling Football League at its best

hands to the face.PNG

• Like (+1) 1

The NFL could easily fix this entire problem if they wanted to. Have a central officiating office that watches replays from each game and decides if penalties are warranted. It would take all of 10 seconds to watch one of these plays and call the PI/don't call it when not a penalty.

But of course the NFL doesn't want to fix the problem. The most crooked thing they ever did was institute PI challenges for a season. With every single challenge the PI stood as called even when a reversal was clear and obvious. The league shrugged their shoulders and said "oh well, we tried" and promptly took the reviews away the following season. It's the kind of boldfaced corruption that would warrant investigations in any other industry.

30 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

The PI calls were bad but i think the difference can be chalked up to Evans aggressively going after the ball and Diggs barely even going after the ball.  Refs are human, not corrupt.  I really hope Diggs is nursing some kind of injury because his effort going after balls the past couple games has been weak.  

I don't blame the on-field officials. Their job is impossible. I blame the central authority that allows games to be left in those officials' hands when an obvious solution is available.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Who ya gonna believe the NFL and Tommy or your lying eyes?

Here let me reverse it.   Say Tampa was down 21, and a furious comeback by Brady gets them down inside the 10.   Same throw by Brady.  He gets the call, they score and win in regulation.   The talking heads on ESPN, FOX and CBS spend the week saying how great Brady was to spot the single coverage and it was a good call, by calling PI, clearly holding past 5 yards and the Bills DB is the goat, not in a good way.  Heads I win, tails you lose.

You’re absolutely correct. 

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t want to believe in conspiracy theories I do think that the referees swallow their whistles at certain times that affect games because they don’t want to decide a game but in effect they are deciding the game that no pass interference call on the diggs play in the end zone that would’ve given us the ball at the 1 yard line with no time for Brady to be able to make one of his magic comebacks and we win that game

Id agree but it was all game long this time…I’m thinking if something is questionable it’s always gonna go the bucs way. Watch that game again if you want your blood to boil 😂 all their offensive holding penalties were supposedly offset by us holding in the secondary so we really got like 6 or 7 holds/dpis called on us mostly questionable at best..did they even get one?

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

What pisses me off about this is Davis rolls over and slaps the ground in frustration knowing he committed PI and they still didn’t call it. 

Right…the second he threw his hands up he knew he blew the game…but thankfully the refs must be blind so it worked out for him 😂

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

How is he gonna catch the ball if he doesn't put his arms up! 

That’s a bad angle too…not sure where the official assigned to that receiver was standing…Davis almost rips diggs’ jersey off and it’s not as pronounced from that angle…big thing to me is the defender clearly fell on his own it wasn’t like they tangled feet or anything 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

I think the players and coaches got speak up more about these penalties before anything will change. Take the fine. They are all loaded anyway. The NFL don’t give a ***** about what the media or the fans say. McDermott takes the high road every week. I heard him say before they file their complaints after the game, that’s what the NFL wants because it doesn’t make them look bad. It’s just getting way out of hand, games can’t be won or lost by ***** up calls so often. Jmo

Edited by BananaB

Seems that NFL refs get off scott-free each week for calls that are either incompetent, or unethical. 

Yet when it’s all said and done, refs go home to their normal lives with no repercussions.  The NFL doesn’t care because they are a multi billion dollar business.  Refs don’t care cuz they get away with it with zero repercussions.

If the NFL doesn’t care that their refs are unethical or incompetent, then the names of the refs who are making/ not making these calls should be exposed to the Public.  It would be interesting to see if the exposing the names of these refs making bad calls for their own personal agenda would help their competence level and make them be more efficient? 

Anyone have the names of the ref(s) who made the call against Wallace and didn’t call the Diggs PI vs Bucs that we can post on the board?  

Edited by dezertbill
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.