If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game

UKBillFan

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

First one: yes, should have been called. But if diggs doesn’t turn around to chastise the defender, he catches that and scores. 

Final one: that screen sheet literally shows nothing because it doesn’t show what diggs did at at the top of the route (play rough and commit borderline OPI). 

The one that’ll stick is the Evans/Wallace play. Just horrific officiating.

The grab spun him a little bit it looked like and he lost the ball in the air 

9 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Borderline...

Even if they’re all borderline and they all go one teams way…that is an issue. Not that these were borderline 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Couldn't find the whole play.  You're the one making the claim that Diggs "plowed into" the defender.  You find the whole clip.

Diggs initiated contact with his right arm at the beginning of the route and both guys remained actively engaged in a positioning battle for the remainder of the play.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

People have to realize that unless the db is beaten — and the DB most definitely wasn’t beaten on that play — they are going to let them play in that situation. They are gonna let the go at it one on one with the best man winning. Christ, save your tears for the much worse call that cost the Bills the game — the DPI on on Wallace, which absolutely cost them the game.

I don't disagree on the Wallace call.

And I'm also not crying,we lose, whatever still alive and just need to make the show.

But that's just a poor take. It's defensive holding. It's called in far less clear situations, and the sole reason it wasn't called is because it could've decided the game. But it's still a penalty. Don't tell me that if a CB hangs on a defenders jersey and pulls it half way down his chest on 1st and 10 at the 25 with 14:55 left in the 1Q, that they aren't going to call holding. We both know they do, 100% of the time, even if there was "aggressive hand fighting" and foreplay.

Edit: I think I'm being an idiot and you said it should've been called but then qualified it and we're debating over nothing but semantics at this point. Or maybe I can't read. Too many posts at once. Haha.

Edited by Vertig0
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

The whole team fought in the come back.  Not one dude no matter how awesome JA is.  Defense needs praise too.  No matter how much everyone wants to cut them. 

Sorry, can't give the defense credit. They gave up 33 points, including two long TD's, one to end the game. They gave up over 100 yards and a score to their RB. Also over 360 yards and 2 TD's to Brady.

So no, I am going to give credit to Allen and nobody else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

Diggs initiated contact with his right arm at the beginning of the route and both guys remained actively engaged in a positioning battle for the remainder of the play.

Looks like the handfighting was ok to me but then the db lunges and takes diggs out and he kind of knows he just committed the game losing PI so he threw his hands up as he’s falling to the ground like he didn’t do anything lol

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Sorry, can't give the defense credit. They gave up 33 points, including two long TD's, one to end the game. They gave up over 100 yards and a score to their RB. Also over 360 yards and 2 TD's to Brady.

So no, I am going to give credit to Allen and nobody else.

Yeah 3 points by TB in the second half had nothing to do with the come back.  I get your point but it is a team game and we have more than one "warrior". 

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Yeah 3 points by TB in the second half had nothing to do with the come back.  I get your point but it is a team game and we have more than one "warrior". 

How much credit are we throwing around for a loss? Maybe if we had won, but we didn't.

7 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

I’ll trust what my eyes see and what Mcaulie (a former official) says about the three calls/non calls. 

If I’m thinking of the right play, if Diggs had focused on playing the game and not shouting at the defender he would have probably caught the ball anyway. Josh gets some criticism for thinking he’ll get a free play when he didn’t but this time it was down to Diggs taking a similar approach.

Just now, MJS said:

How much credit are we throwing around for a loss? Maybe if we had won, but we didn't.

We would have won if there was the correct PI call in the end-zone.  So the difference between giving credit and not is a bad call from a ref.  We didnt come back from 21 down thanks to the refs.  The players digged in and didn't quit. 

53 minutes ago, Pitch left said:

He played his heart out -- it took forever for them to check the pressure from the right side - is that JA's fault ? Last year they chipped for Williams all the time - JA is a gamer - he gets over jacked at times but who else fits for a team like this ? There's plenty of ops to improve but he's the least of their worries

54 minutes ago, Pitch left said:

He played his heart out -- it took forever for them to check the pressure from the right side - is that JA's fault ? Last year they chipped for Williams all the time - JA is a gamer - he gets over jacked at times but who else fits for a team like this ? There's plenty of ops to improve but he's the least of their worries

I agree with everything you said. 

I also believe Allen had the ball with the ability to go up and potentially win the game 

38 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I actually think that it was a pretty well-officiated game, up until those two non-calls.

Thats how the refs do it. They give the illusion of a fairly called game and then when it matters most they throw the flag (or don't throw it.) 

Tired of hearing crap like "the Bills don't didnt deserve it" or whatever. They literally did JUST ENOUGH to win this very, very important game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, MJS said:

Keep crying about the refs if you want. That might help you sleep at night?

So you truly believe that the game if we'll officiated would have still been a Buc win? I can state the officials are likely +8 points for the Bucs and -7 for Bills in regulation. 

4 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Thats how the refs do it. They give the illusion of a fairly called game and then when it matters most they throw the flag (or don't throw it.) 

Tired of hearing crap like "the Bills don't didnt deserve it" or whatever. They literally did JUST ENOUGH to win this very, very important game.

The amount of energy expanded on every critical play during an NFL game is absolutely enormous. For penalties to eliminate good plays and/or non-calls on obvious penalties is incredibly difficult to overcome. 

The Bills overcame it anyway but the refs and NY made sure their hero Brady won in the end.  Those fans that act tough by saying the Bills didn't do enough are unfathomably foolish. It was a Herculean effort that was taken away from them. 

• Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.