If anyone wants to say the NFL isn't rigged, please re-watch that game

UKBillFan

There’s no doubt in my mind that the NFL will attempt to “steer” games when they’re close… to keep them close, and ratings up.The Vegas/NFL relationship is something I wonder about, but who knows? But, when it comes down to the brass tax (in this case, OT, which shouldn’t have happened) they will give the “Jordan effect” to the players that lift the ratings, revenue, etc. Tom Brady will ALWAYS get a few calls to help him over the hump, if they can help it. They’d prefer a NE/TB championship, so they’ll “steer” that or other considerations, assuming no one comes in and just annihilates either team without question. Rigged? No.. Manipulated to a degree whenever very close and possible? Sure…

Edited by Búfalo Blanco
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Its not rigged, but they definitely influence the game the way they want to go.

😂Thats the actual definition of "rigged"

To manage or conduct (something) fraudulently so as to produce a result or situation that is advantageous to a particular person.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Fair enough; I thought both players were playing rough and it wasn’t slam dunk pass interference at all given what diggs did at the top of the route. The Evans play was brutal however and cost the bills the game. From first and 18 at the 8 to first and 10 from the 36 is just ridiculous given what actually happened on that play.

I'm in violent agreement with you on the Evans call.  He tackles the DB, but it's DPI, not OPI.  Joke.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If it had been a stupid play call which cost us, and I suppose you coul argue with the 4 and 3 punt it was to an extent, then that's one thing but the calls were ridiculous. No PI for us but as soon as Evans wrapped up Wallace they couldn't wait to get the flags out.

All we want is fairness and an even-handed approach. Get that and we would have had a great chance of winning today.

Absolutely. It was atrocious the PI's

Edited by MarkyMannn
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

Ball spots were off all night in favor of the Bucs. Lots of other little things.

But the refs were not why the Bills lost. The Bills playing like crap for more than a half is why they lost.

It was fun to watch them come back, at least. Allen is a warrior.

im never a blame the refs guy, but 

0 DPI and 0 Defensive holding on 55+ passing attempts is legitimately impossible. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Fair enough; I thought both players were playing rough and it wasn’t slam dunk pass interference at all given what diggs did at the top of the route. The Evans play was brutal however and cost the bills the game. From first and 18 at the 8 to first and 10 from the 36 is just ridiculous given what actually happened on that play.

Diggs didn’t initiate though…and there was a play where they were both hand fighting then the db went down and grabbed the sh*t out of diggs’ Jersey afterwards…that has to be called.  The way I saw that final play before OT was the db pretty much tackled diggs…it wasn’t a feet getting tangled type scenario. I think that terrible ref got fooled when he threw his hands up like ‘I didn’t touch him’ lol both players involved in that play knew it was no doubt PI

12 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

We had the ball with it tied to win the gm

That's why we paid 17 200+million! He couldn't get it done 

He played his heart out -- it took forever for them to check the pressure from the right side - is that JA's fault ? Last year they chipped for Williams all the time - JA is a gamer - he gets over jacked at times but who else fits for a team like this ? There's plenty of ops to improve but he's the least of their worries

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.