If the Bills re-sign Edmunds, they're stupid.

damj

2ND TO LAST PLAY IN OT AND HE IS RUNNING THE WRONG WAY AWAY FROM THE RECEIVER!!!

2 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

This topic is about to get real ugly, real fast.  And it should.

Yes, and it will not stop. I am done with him. They need to get better at LB.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Imagine replacing him next year with a maniac play maker.

We'd be substantially better on D with that move alone.

The Chiefs draft Bolton in the 2nd round and he's making impact plays.

After 4 years ... Edmunds is always a yard behind every play.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

He didn't make a single play that mattered.  If he's our starting LB next year then I'll know for sure McDermott is not the coach to bring us a SB.

Just our luck ... we're stuck with him another year ... watch him make some plays next year and we re-sign his suckwad a$$

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

This loss wasn’t squarely on Edmunds, but I’m not re-signing him to anything above what Milano makes. Let some other team overpay him, he’s NOT a game changer despite what some of you would like to believe.

I'm not laying the whole thing on him ... but we're consistently playing with 10 men on the field because he is always out of position or a yard away from the play. If we had 11 men on the field contributing ... maybe SOMEONE would've made a play when they had to

• Like (+1) 1

Edmunds is worse than useless. He gets in the way. Ultimately it's McD's fault for continuing to play him though. Over and over this season teams kept exploiting him and McD refused to bench him or change the defense to shield him more from being exploited.

Edited by pigpen65

5 minutes ago, damj said:

Just our luck ... we're stuck with him another year ... watch him make some plays next year and we re-sign his suckwad a$$

Unless I'm reading the rules wrong, the Bills can cut Edmunds and not be on the hook for his option salary, if he's cut before next season starts. 

Edmunds will command too much money to be worth resigning.    Try to trade him, he would have some value.   Let a team like Detroit or Jacksonville take a chance on him as the guy to rebuild their defenses and be happy with him until they play the big teams in the playoffs.  

Edited by dgrochester55

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Unless I'm reading the rules wrong, the Bills can cut Edmunds and not be on the hook for his option salary, if he's cut before next season starts. 

Let's make it so Mafia ... until we improve at LB, we're always going to be playing with 10 men on the field

6 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Edmunds is worse than useless. He gets in the way. Ultimately it's McD's fault for continuing to play him though. Over and over this season teams kept exploiting him and McD refused to bench him or change the defense to shield him more from being exploited.

We're figuratively playing with 10 men on the field

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Edmunds’ head was on a swivel for most of the night but he made a couple good stops in the 4th.  But team speed remains a problem on both sides of the ball.  They need a fast playmaker somewhere in that front seven.

His play was standing there while Basham drove Mahomes into him. The 2nd to last play, he ran the wrong way away from the receiver

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

That is not correct.  Fifth year options are fully guaranteed at the time of execution now.  That was a rule change that was already in effect when they picked up his option.  So he’s on the books for $12.7M next season.  The only other possibility is to trade him, but I don’t see that as realistic.  We’d definitely have to eat some of his salary to get a trade done. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Nope. Once you pick up the option it now becomes fully guaranteed. That is new in this CBA.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I said before the season started that Edmunds would either be the reason we win a SB (next step or development) or be a liability.  

Unfortunately the later happened. If some people don't see it I don't know what to say anymore.  I've been patient and it isn't working out at MLB for him.

nobody in this league is scared of Edmunds in the run game,  or as a pass rusher.   hes a big semi fast dude with a huge wingspan thats good at zone coverage.   thats about it.   hes not an impact player.   hes a guy.   u dont pay,  a guy,  top $$$$.  u cant or it messes up your cap.   hes pretty good at what they ask him to do,  but hes only got 1 tool out of 3.    also,  his leverage on tackles is attrocious.   consistently gets blown up or blocked out of plays.   he has a terrible time getting low or shedding blockers.  i dont see how u can give him big $$$ playing like this.   #1 defense or not.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Edmunds played a solid game today. He was hitting and tackling. I don’t think anyone objectively can watch that game and come away with saying the Bills lost because of Edmunds play. It’s dog whistle scapegoating to blame this loss on one guy. 

Bullsh!t. He was always just standing around at the end of the play. 2nd to last play, he's running the wrong way away from the receiver. Name one impact play he made. One!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Edmunds’ head was on a swivel for most of the night but he made a couple good stops in the 4th.  But team speed remains a problem on both sides of the ball.  They need a fast playmaker somewhere in that front seven.

He’s not a bad player. He’s just not a playmaker. 

His name is not called often enough for a player of his size and speed and talent. He’s disappointing, and has been. And now his up for extension. And while he may do his 1/11th, he will not be getting a contract that is 1/11th of the defense.

Boo this man.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I totally came to find this thread.

We need to move on from this guy soooo bad. Go MLB round 1..make speed a priority in selection.

I'm so tired of our "QB of the defense" not being a difference maker on this team.

Or even a playmaker..

OK, so who is that guy? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Edmunds played a solid game today. He was hitting and tackling. I don’t think anyone objectively can watch that game and come away with saying the Bills lost because of Edmunds play. It’s dog whistle scapegoating to blame this loss on one guy. 

Did you even WATCH this game??  

5 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

How many pass plays has he broken up in the past 2 years?  How many sacks?  He makes a lot of tackles because he's always out of position and has to chase people down, but he doesn't even do that very well most of the time.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Lost said:

How many pass plays has he broken up in the past 2 years?  How many sacks?  He makes a lot of tackles because he's always out of position and has to chase people down, but he doesn't even do that very well most of the time.

hes this decades version of Donte Whitner for this team,  just as a LB instead of a safety.   racking up dem tackles 10 yards down the field.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.