Week 14 Gameday Bills at Buccaneers Pregame thread

Chandler#81

7 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The Belichick “genius” crap is what continues to piss me off. A made FG or a converted 4 down kills this myth. I’m sure it pisses McDermott off as well 

Seriously.  I’ve stayed away from anything Bills related in the media this week, assuming it would be flooded with vomit.  I’ve been watching NFLN since 4am pst and it’s been nothing but bills hate.  I think they’ve touched on the Bills run d and 11 times, Brady owning Buffalo 3759 times and having no confidence in Josh Allen 6 times.  

• Agree 4

20 years later were doing the same thing expecting different results. Dont usually schedule customers on Sundays this time of year but  I've got a couple jobs lined up today. Kill time before the game and give me an out if it gets ugly. Hedge those bets baby.

Just now, NewEra said:

Seriously.  I’ve stayed away from anything Bills related in the media this week, assuming it would be flooded with vomit.  I’ve been watching NFLN since 4am pst and it’s been nothing but bills hate.  I think they’ve touched on the Bills run d and 11 times, Brady owning Buffalo 3759 times and having no confidence in Josh Allen 6 times.  

My biggest frustration is the criticism of Josh Allen.  He certainly isn’t without blame, but he’s the least of our issues this year.   QB gets the praise and blame though, so I get it… I just can’t stand the lack of nuance factoring in the teams issues around him as to why he isn’t an Elway/Cam/Favre in their prime hybrid every week. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

20 years later were doing the same thing expecting different results. Dont usually schedule customers on Sundays this time of year but  I've got a couple jobs lined up today. Kill time before the game and give me an out if it gets ugly. Hedge those bets baby.

Nobody cares. 

Nobody.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

Yet they are 1-4 against teams with winning records. 

I’m not the optimistic homer guy here, I figure we are going to get destroyed today but I’m getting tired of seeing this. Everyone understands what this is trying to say but just to be clear because I’m getting tired of seeing it. .500 is a winning record in the nfl. So if you want to use the stat at least be correct. Washington is 6-6 We are 2-4.  There are no style points and obviously I understand the point is “we haven’t beat anyone” That ***** all went out the window with me after last year. There’s nothing left to prove here. It’s not like you go to an afc championship game, bring back all the same guys and then have to prove you are capable of winning games that are high pressure. These same guys won 2 playoff games in 1 year. After not winning a single one in 25 years. Also, if you have wins against teams that are floating tight at 500 but are under by a game because YOU beat them…what’s the difference? But if you want to throw the water on it and act like we haven’t beat anyone, at least be accurate. I’m tired of seeing it. It’s 2-4

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

dude thats mean  he was just sharing his day whut u tense bro?

Because I'm sick of the whining whoa is me BS that has infiltrated these boards. People are acting down right giddy, almost hoping the Bills get smashed today.

Edited by Beast
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

Because I'm sick of the whining whoa is me BS that has infiltrated these boards. People are acting down right giddy, almost hoping the Bills get smashed today.

okay I gotcho yeah Im posting positive until proven otherwise hang in there

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

It’s a coping mechanism for them.   Those that aren’t weirdo trolls, that is. 

I’ll admit, this is the least excited I’ve been for a Bills game in a while.   

Hoping they can prove a lot of us wrong today, but bracing for all the issues we’ve seen all year to be on display yet again. 

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

My biggest frustration is the criticism of Josh Allen.  He certainly isn’t without blame, but he’s the least of our issues this year.   QB gets the praise and blame though, so I get it… I just can’t stand the lack of nuance factoring in the teams issues around him as to why he isn’t an Elway/Cam/Favre in their prime hybrid every week. 

Meanwhile Lamar gets praised every week for carrying the Ravens on his back and having to do everything.

There is no team in the league more reliant on their QB then the Bills. Zero run game, average group of skill position players, garbage play calling, awful o line. 

If Lamar sucks the media will find a million excuses, and even spin it into a case for him to be MVP. Allen has a bad day and he can't be trusted, he's inconsistent, not elite yada yada.

It's comical really.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Add to this: Kurt Warner predicting Gronk would have 10+ catches for 148+ yards lol

• Vomit 1

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not sure why but I have a calm, peaceful feeling about the game today...and that is usually a very good sign.

and maybe the players feel this way also, the worse has happened expectations have been greatly diminished, not many think they gonna win this so maybe they come out calm, have  good game and play well

• Haha (+1) 1

I wonder what happened to those many posters who kept predicting 30 and 40 point blow-outs just one month ago.  

Are they the ones pouting and bowing to defeat before kick-off, calling for regime change, etc..

This will be tough without Tre, I would guess, but a bounce or two our way and we have a fighter's chance.   

Go Bills

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not sure why but I have a calm, peaceful feeling about the game today...and that is usually a very good sign.

I have the same calm. I think though because I am resigned to the wheels coming off our season like in the past. I hope I’m wrong. But after last weeks loss I don’t have much emotion for this week to expend. I’m really worried our players feel the same 

• Like (+1) 1

I think you can sometimes can overthink a matchup to go round and round about what is best. There is a really obvious narrative that NOBODY can run against the Bucs and that it’s just best to just punt on the idea. Then  you throw in how putrid our own running game has been and you just figure, load the guns and throw it 60x. Go with our strength and try and out score them. That’s the thing looking you square in the face. That’s the plan that writes itself, set it and forget it and load up.

Im here to say…..If we play that way, we are going to get killed. I understand that the easiest thing to do is say, “we can’t run so don’t bother” IMO, the way we can actually win today is to figure out how we CAN run it against them. Tampa is fully expecting us to come out firing and showing them something else will get that defense on skates. If Tampa is just assuming they have the run stopped before the game, you can really mess them up by showing them it’s not the case. You might have to get creative.

Someone can let Daboll know, Run plays don’t have to be vanilla handoffs up the middle in a pile. Run to the ***** OUTSIDE! Use the QB. Run jet sweeps. Use some speed, hand it to Stevenson or McKenzie. Use multiple TEs and 6 linemen. Call a run game with interest. Show Tampa they don’t have 1/2 the game already taken care of by showing up. Make them devote assets to the other dimension and then put them away with the play action pass. You ARE NOT going to beat this team in a shootout. If you let them have a ton of possessions, they are going to beat you 99 times out of 100. The Bucs WANT us to throw it all day. Regardless of what the common thought is. The thing the Bucs don’t want, is a 17-13 game where every possession they have is ultra important because they might not get the ball back for 10 minutes. I know the thought is we can’t run it so don’t bother. Well we can’t run it right up the middle at Vita and these LBs..but there are ways we can. Get guys to the edge and use some of the speed we have. Use miss direction and creativity. Use extra lineman and for the love of god, use Josh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

4 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I have the same calm. I think though because I am resigned to the wheels coming off our season like in the past. I hope I’m wrong. But after last weeks loss I don’t have much emotion for this week to expend. I’m really worried our players feel the same 

Same here.  Emotionally I am tapped out

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Which RB will do the best today?  I'm thinking Brieda might be able to get some nice runs on the outside and get some catches out of the backfield.

I hope it's whoever is running in the 4th b.c we didn't run all game long and let Allen pass the ball.

3 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

i think the calm i am feeling stems from the worse that could have happened to me as a fan happened last Monday, an excruciating loss to the team i dislike the most and said team also took the division lead from us. Could not have drawn it up any more nightmarish than that for me, whatever happens now is just gravy or a pleasant surprise 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Honestly, that’s fine by me. The Bills seem to play better with that underdog mentality/chip on their shoulder.

They really shouldn’t need any external motivation for today’s game anyway, but if the media doubting them all week gives them a bit extra motivation, I’ll take it.

• Like (+1) 1