December 6, 2021 Gameday Bills vs. Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Make no mistake about it the Pats are a run first team. If the Bills can't stop their run game they won't win. "Noodle arm" Jones has looked pretty good. He bares some credit for their 6 game winning streak. They don't ask him to anything he's not capable of doing. He's been nothing short of great dinking and dunking the ball. His offensive jas been good. 

The great Josh Allen's has been limited in his greatness due to the poor offensive line performance and lack of run threat.  The Pats defense is number one in the league. Their pass rush is fantastic.

Make no mistake its impossible to forget how great Patriots are with you constantly reminding it everyone on this board for the last two weeks.

• Thank you (+1) 4

I think this team knows how important this game is. 

I think McDermott's been in their ear all week long about beating "the 1st place Patriots".

I think they'll want to play really hard for Tre.

I think the crowd is gonna be absolutely bonkers.

I think the Bills defense will give Mac Jones fits.

I think the Pats defense will give Josh Allen fits.

I think the weather will impact the game.

I think whoever commits more turnovers loses the game.

I think the Bills and Pats split their series this year, the Bills ultimately go 4-2 in their remaining six games and make the playoffs.

I have no idea who wins the division or gets the one seed. The AFC playoff race is as tight as I can ever remember it being.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

And if the Bills win tonight?

Bills will have answered the critics, while silencing the doubters, and moving forward on a question for a second AFC East title.  This game is what determines the future of the Bills franchise completely for the years to come in McDermott's tenure with the team.  If he wins it I won't second guess him anymore but if he doesn't think since the drought everybody always prepares first for the worst and then when the best happens it's an are you ***** kidding me thing.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

These games are what make being a fan fun.  I would have loved to pull out the TN or Jags game (or both) & not be in this position - but you've gotta love the stakes, and the situation.

Our greatest nemesis, crazy weather, the division on the line - let's just bask in it.  These are the kinds of December games we wanted for 2 decades.  

I have faith in our Bills.  The weather makes a lot of this unpredictable, but I know they're going to fight w/ everything they have.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Closer we get the more excited and confident I am.  Buffalo wins hands down.  I dont think it will be particular close.  Bills offense is able to move the ball vs NE d.  The Ne offense is the elementary Brady offense.  Mcdermott and Frazier have went against it for years.  Jones plays like a rookie Buffalo wins by 3 scores. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think McDermott's been in their ear all week long about beating "the 1st place Patriots".

I think the Bills and Pats split their series this year, the Bills ultimately go 4-2 in their remaining six games and make the playoffs.

I have no idea who wins the division or gets the one seed. The AFC playoff race is as tight as I can ever remember it being.

No seriously...  what do you really think??  😉

4 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

The to start drinking! AWOOOOOO!

Pace yourself my friend.  Still a bunch of hours before kickoff!  👍

8 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Bills will have answered the critics, while silencing the doubters, and moving forward on a question for a second AFC East title.  This game is what determines the future of the Bills franchise completely for the years to come in McDermott's tenure with the team.  If he wins it I won't second guess him anymore but if he doesn't think since the drought everybody always prepares first for the worst and then when the best happens it's an are you ***** kidding me thing.

This is so ridiculously over the top and dramatic. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

you may want to slow your roll here.  it's an important game sure, but this kind of thinking will give you cancer.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

you may want to slow your roll here.  it's an important game sure, but this kind of thinking will give you cancer.

They lose than beat Tampa who knows.  Lot of season left and no one has pulled away from anything.  

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

Imo, the 1 seed is going to be a team sitting at 12-5. Everyone has 4 L's, and there's so much cannibalization that's going to happen. 

The 1 seed might even be 11-6. 

Edited by Motorin'

17 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Dude, you don't just have a Drama Llama, you have a whole freakin' herd of them. 

I know it. I know you do.

• Haha (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

No, it doesn't

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

from wunderground, current forecast (click to embiggen)

image.thumb.png.38879475c9495bd0d85d1009e36a5ac4.png

Game time 36 degrees falling to 33 degrees, 20% chance of precip and falling, winds 25 mph falling to 21 mph.  Gusts of 35-40 mph possible.

Coming from a Weather Nerd, wunderground & most are untrue on hourly forecast!

Noaa / National Weather Service, are near accurate day of.

Read this for best:

Area Forecast Discussion
Issued by NWS Buffalo, NY

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

from wunderground, current forecast (click to embiggen)

image.thumb.png.38879475c9495bd0d85d1009e36a5ac4.png

Game time 36 degrees falling to 33 degrees, 20% chance of precip and falling, winds 25 mph falling to 21 mph.  Gusts of 35-40 mph possible.

I realize a lot depends on what’s actually happening in the stadium which we won’t know until closer to then (e.g., swirling, going one direction is better than another), but what do you do if you win the coin toss knowing the 4th qtr could be a touch better?

Our local show just opened up saying how they were so excited to have new blood in the nfl and cfb but it now looks like NE and Bama again, we were all fooled and #1 has returned for both, everyone else just watching from the sidelines. 

This has gone too far. And it’s not even as a Bills fan I say this. Chiefs anyone? 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Our local show just opened up saying how they were so excited to have new blood in the nfl and cfb but it now looks like NE and Bama again, we were all fooled and #1 has returned for both, everyone else just watching from the sidelines. 

This has gone too far. And it’s not even as a Bills fan I say this. Chiefs anyone? 

Oh bro, its absurd right now. Earlier on first take Stephen A. spouts off with "if the bills dont take the division this year, then they wont take it for the next decade". Earlier in the week on GMFB, schrager says "it looks like another 20 years of the dynasty".

Its gotten completely out of control. I dont care how good Jones is, HE AINT THE GOAT. And if they aint got the GOAT then every year we will compete with them for a division title. 

Dude.... its gotten so bad this week that i found myself actually tuning in to "first things first" more often because Nick Wright is the only person in the media that hasnt become completely unhinged when talking about the Pats.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why even care what these people have to say?  Will it change the outcome of tonight’s game, or any game for that matter?  All these people get paid for us to add some color and to create some hate between fan bases.. which helps with ratings.  I don’t even watch the Super Bowl pregame.  I can’t remember the last time I put that game on before kickoff.  It’s completely worthless.  Save yourself the time and the aggravation.  

11 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Why even care what these people have to say?  Will it change the outcome of tonight’s game, or any game for that matter?  All these people get paid for us to add some color and to create some hate between fan bases.. which helps with ratings.  I don’t even watch the Super Bowl pregame.  I can’t remember the last time I put that game on before kickoff.  It’s completely worthless.  Save yourself the time and the aggravation.  

Well this is a Columbus radio show has nothing invested in either side. Neutral observation. That’s my point. 

6 hours ago, TBBills said:

This is the type of game supposedly tailored for Josh Allen and his super arm.

Noodle arm Mac Jones  might not even be able to hold onto the ball.

I don’t think any QB is tailored for 50 mph winds 

This season has been weird, but I’m glad it’s ended up like this. The Bills bought a little bit too much of their own hype early on. If the pats* weren’t a threat I don’t believe we reach our max potential heading into the playoffs. They’ve got to win a damn dogfight and they’ll be better off for it.

I think they will come out tonight laser focused and handle their business. Hopefully they can ride the wave from tonight all the way to a Lombardi. 

5 minutes ago, teef said:

I’ve never seen more bills fans bent out of shape about a game before.  Get your ***** in order people. Get it in order. 

You have a point.  I think that Bills fans are just anxious that’s all.  Brady isn’t in NE anymore.  We are tired of being dominated for two decades.  It’s only fair.  Now there’s a new upstart QB that everyone is fawning over.  Whether it’s arbitrary or not that team doesn’t seem like they stay down for long.  The Bills want what the Patriots have.  Sustained success.. and tonight’s game is a nice time to start.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1